ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : If you fought to read the globe every day in the middle school/high school library back in the day and took in every word like it was the word of God, you would have picked it up.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I didn't read the Globe.  I read the Herald.  In high school, however, I read THN.  I didn't need to read what was said about the Bruins games because I was at most of the home games and watched most of the road games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    If you can't tell us Who Taz is Who Nifty is Who the guy with those scars on his mask was Who Bourque gave his jersey to and what the number underneath was Who the dirtiest bast@rd  ever who ended a Bruins career was (multiple answers apply but they must be either a Canadien or a Penguin) What rhymes with 4 What too many men on the ice means to you What "blackout" means to you, particularly in reference to the Stanley Cup Why Vancouver is evil (again, multiple answers apply) And why Ulf is a four letter word.... THEN GET THE HELL OFF OUR BOARD AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!!
    Posted by red75

DAMNED... do I have to leave if I cannot remember the answer to ONLY ONE of the questions?   I know the rest, and the one I can't remember I know---- just siffering CRS at the age of 53.... DARN.....    Well, I hope I can get a bye on one of the group.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : DAMNED... do I have to leave if I cannot remember the answer to ONLY ONE of the questions?   I know the rest, and the one I can't remember I know---- just siffering CRS at the age of 53.... DARN.....    Well, I hope I can get a bye on one of the group.
    Posted by FenwayChuck

I heard of CRS before, but I can't remember what it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I suppose it could have been his nickname, not sure how many people call him it, perhaps just the locker room..I don't pay much attention to nicknames simply becasue i'm not friends with the players so i dont refer to them using their nicknames...I think you sound foolish, if you run into Lucic and call him "Looch"..One thing that always stood out at me was after the yankees won one of their world series titles Derek Jeter was being interviewed on the field and the reporter kept refering to him as "Jeets", it was awkward, Jeter even looked uncomfortable..I don't want to be that guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I suppose it could have been his nickname, not sure how many people call him it, perhaps just the locker room..I don't pay much attention to nicknames simply becasue i'm not friends with the players so i dont refer to them using their nicknames...I think you sound foolish, if you run into Lucic and call him "Looch"..One thing that always stood out at me was after the yankees won one of their world series titles Derek Jeter was being interviewed on the field and the reporter kept refering to him as "Jeets", it was awkward, Jeter even looked uncomfortable..I don't want to be that guy.
    Posted by kelvana33

When I was a kid, I had an O'Reilly t-shirt that had a picture of the Tasmanian devil on it. I also had a Ruzicka shirt that said Rosie. I never called either of them that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :  I also had a Ruzicka shirt that said Rosie.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yeah, you told your friends it was for Ruzicka. 

http://bit.ly/otQPES

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The best comparable for me is Mark Messier - widely known nickname was Moose, but you never heard him called "Moose" the way Moose Dupont was.

I seem to remember swag of the same sort as Calvin whizzing on the CH logo, but if I remember him being referred to as anything other than "O'Reilly, it was Terry O.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Yeah, you told your friends it was for Ruzicka.  http://bit.ly/otQPES
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

They both had good moves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SEABASS2014. Show SEABASS2014's posts

If you can't tell us Who Taz is Who Nifty is Who the guy with those scars on his mask was Who Bourque gave his jersey to and what the number underneath was Who the dirtiest bast@rd  ever who ended a Bruins career was (multiple answers apply but they must be either a Canadien or a Penguin) What rhymes with 4 What too many men on the ice means to you What "blackout" means to you, particularly in reference to the Stanley Cup Why Vancouver is evil (again, multiple answers apply) And why Ulf is a four letter word.... THEN GET THE HELL OFF OUR BOARD AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!!
    Posted by red75

Hey we as  Bruins fans should be applauded we survived the 80s 90s 00s
    and the Pete Peters, Jim Carrey, Blane Lacher, Andrew Raycroft, Johnathan Blue
    and Steve Heinze era's

that's a real Bs Fan!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Personally, I would not lump Pete Peeters into that group. He had a spectacular year for the B's in the early 80's winning 40'ish games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Posted by red75

the "too many men on the ice" means nothing to me because i was still a Rangers fan at that time.

and i'll add this,please Bruins,don't trade Bill Ranford,it will come back to haunt the team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to "Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!":
    In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : My oldest memory of the Bruins has Cashman as Captain and Park on the blueline.  I grew up in a rink and on the pond.  My family had season tickets in the real Boston Garden for many years.  I have been exposed to Boston Bruins hockey on all different levels for my entire life.  I never heard O'Reilly called "Taz" until I saw Happy Gilmore. My point?  While it might have been/be a nickname for him, it wasn't/isn't as widely used as some are making it out to be.  It wasn't like Pie or Rocket, a substitue for his first name.  I am quite positive I never heard him referred to as "Taz O'Reilly".  Fred and Derek never called him that, either. For those who haven't heard it before, it's no big deal.  It's one of those nicknames that is rarely used or heard. Posted by Not-A-Shot
    Same here nas I learned of taz myself though Adam Sandler and before my kids got there picture with lord stanley, o'reilly was my proud avartar. And my oldest memory of the bruins of piersons pointers in between the periods! Noone ever picked up the trailer! Haha

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Add Loyal and Book to me, Isla, Fletcher and Kel and I'd call it a draw.

For those who mocked me at the beginning, eat it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I said up front I didn't know the Taz nickname, and that's why I asked who it was. It hardly deserves a 'sigh' or any other kind of negative reaction. O'Reily was before my time. My dad had dinner with him a few weeks back and didn't say he had dinner with Taz. I think knowing the name hardly makes you more of a Bruins fan or more of a hockey expert. You can know who Taz is and in the next post suggest trading Krejci, Seguin and Hamilton for Parise. I'm more than comfortable with my knowledge of the game. Regardless, that's why I stop by this forum, to learn more and to get involved in interesting Bruins talk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

I said up front I didn't know the Taz nickname, and that's why I asked who it was. It hardly deserves a 'sigh' or any other kind of negative reaction. O'Reily was before my time. My dad had dinner with him a few weeks back and didn't say he had dinner with Taz. I think knowing the name hardly makes you more of a Bruins fan or more of a hockey expert. You can know who Taz is and in the next post suggest trading Krejci, Seguin and Hamilton for Parise. I'm more than comfortable with my knowledge of the game. Regardless, that's why I stop by this forum, to learn more and to get involved in interesting Bruins talk.
    Posted by OatesCam

If you do not meet the standards of the upper echelon (buffoon, bb, etc. and selected friends) just ignore. Good reads are what this is all about, not the opinions of most of these pompous horses behinds that dominate these threads.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Hey we as  Bruins fans should be applauded we survived the 80s 90s 00s and the Pete Peters, Jim Carrey, Blane Lacher, Andrew Raycroft, Johnathan Blue and Steve Heinze era's that's a real Bs Fan!
    Posted by SEABASS2014

God, I thought Pete Peeters had the greatest single season in B's goalie history considering his monster year occurred during the NHL's version of the steroids era, high scoring averages, Gretzky, Lemieux dominating. Steve Heinze was a terrific B who worked his tail off--I liken him to what lunchpail was all about. As for Raycroft, the guy was an All-Rookie team goalie, and he played quite well in the 7th game of the Montreal series and had he had some support would have advanced to the next round.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I have no problem with any of the posters on here.  I was just commenting on the 'taz' nickname question, and stating that I feel no insecurity for not knowing it.

In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : If you do not meet the standards of the upper echelon (buffoon, bb, etc. and selected friends) just ignore. Good reads are what this is all about, not the opinions of most of these pompous horses behinds that dominate these threads.
    Posted by SteveM

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In Response to Re: ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! : God, I thought Pete Peeters had the greatest single season in B's goalie history considering his monster year occurred during the NHL's version of the steroids era, high scoring averages, Gretzky, Lemieux dominating. Steve Heinze was a terrific B who worked his tail off--I liken him to what lunchpail was all about. As for Raycroft, the guy was an All-Rookie team goalie, and he played quite well in the 7th game of the Montreal series and had he had some support would have advanced to the next round.
    Posted by dannycater

I liked Heinze too, although he was from the heavily diluted lunchpail AC era, and not just because he fought Ulfie post "kneeing."

A lot of bad memories from that era, though, including Clark Donatelli, Frank Simonetti, John Byce, Ron Hoover..... must stop now, getting ill. Not too many wiley Looney Tunes characters on those teams, except maybe those 2 obsequious chipmunks - lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

Posted by red75

I think you need to send this list to the following (and I'm not confident that they could answer them all):  KPD, Fluto, Joe Haggs and Stephen Harris.  The media is not only driving the story, it appears that some have an agenda to drive the Conn Smythe winner out of town.  

It's amazing that the local hockey scribes have an almost singular reaction to Thomas.  No diversity of thought among the ranks?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Add Loyal and Book to me, Isla, Fletcher and Kel and I'd call it a draw. For those who mocked me at the beginning, eat it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Add Oatescam.

Good team!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Yawn... 10 posts per day, every day, and you are an expert on the B's and hockey in general. Get a life.

Sections
Shortcuts