Enough....8 goals against in the last 2 games.....drng dring. Mr Khudo are you ready ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Enough....8 goals against in the last 2 games.....drng dring. Mr Khudo are you ready ???

I'm not sure what's dumber here -- pining for Khudo or TT.

The least informed fans are usually the most reactionary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Enough....8 goals against in the last 2 games.....drng dring. Mr Khudo are you ready ???

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Well said Fletch. The same clown who must think the Bruins would be undefeated with TT in net is forgetting how TT was outplayed by Holtby just last year in the playoffs. Not long from now we'll hear about how TT was the only reason the Bruins won the Cup and how he's entirely blameless when they lose. Just wait for it. Oh yeah, I've no doubt there'll also be some talk of me being a commie sprinkled in there too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DAVESTAPLETON86's comment:

what b's would calgary want after last night?

Or who does Calgary want to unload ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

This has to be one of the dumbest threads of all time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Or who does Calgary want to unload ?

I would bet that no one is safe on that team.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Well said Fletch. The same clown who must think the Bruins would be undefeated with TT in net is forgetting how TT was outplayed by Holtby just last year in the playoffs. Not long from now we'll hear about how TT was the only reason the Bruins won the Cup and how he's entirely blameless when they lose. Just wait for it. Oh yeah, I've no doubt there'll also be some talk of me being a commie sprinkled in there too.

You commie bastar...d! How DARE YOU! Tongue Out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

You commie bastar...d! How DARE YOU! Tongue Out

It's not that I'm daring. I'm just a jerk. Sealed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

While I will be in Boston I will buy a Khudo jersey ...and wear it Saturday ....

KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO

IT IS YOUR TIME PROOVE ME RIGHT PLEASE ! ! ! !

OK, Stanley...enough already. I can't take it anymore without replying.

1. Tuukka Rask was groomed to be Boston's #1 goaltender after Tim Thomas' days were over. Rask was patient and took the opportunities as they came. The chance to take over from TT came earlier than expected(probably by one season) and now Rask is considered the #1 goaltender.

2. The Bruins have a very capable #2 goaltender in Khudobin who might be considered the heir apparent to Tuukka Rask. Like Tuukka and all young goaltenders, he will need to be patient too and earn the chance to show what he can do when presented the opportunity.

3. This condensed season forces teams to split the goaltending times to suit the tough schedule. Barring injury, Tuukka Rask will play every game that has an off day before and after game day. For back-to-back games, Rask and Khudobin will split the two games. Depending on our position in the standings toward the end of the year, Khudo may see a couple of extra games to rest Rask before the playoffs.

We have 6 back-to-backs this season so this means Khudo will see 8-10 games MAX.

The Bruins will not take the reins from Rask and play Anton 3,4 5 games in a row even if he is playing lights out. Rask is their(our) man for the foreseeable future. Maybe in a year or two...better get used to the idea. Sorry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

Half of their wins have been by 1 goal three were SO wins.  Let teams hang around no killer instinct, D looks lackadaisical, forwards can't bury odd man rushes no real snipper on this team Marchand leading the team in goals says it all. PC better be looking to shake things up or this group will have an early exit in the first round. Last 4 games deplited Ottawa team needed a SO, TB needed to come back down by 2 on home ice, Habs ugly game blow 3rd period lead, and Wash blow a 3 goal lead held scoreless for 2 periods, pretty disturbing for Bruin fans.  Need goal scoring and a bottom 4 dman.

Gone are the days when TT covered up for the team defensive lapses, Tuukka is good but no TT that for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

While I will be in Boston I will buy a Khudo jersey ...and wear it Saturday ....

KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO KHUDO

IT IS YOUR TIME PROOVE ME RIGHT PLEASE ! ! ! !

OK, Stanley...enough already. I can't take it anymore without replying.

Believe me my friend if Khudo gets a shutout in Toronto he will be in net Saturday to face the Flyers and if he gets another great performance ...it will make it difficult for CJ  to bring back Rask in the net ....I will be at the Garden Saturday and will support KHUDO ....it should be 2 back to back wins with Khudo ......YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Aye aye, comrade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Half of their wins have been by 1 goal three were SO wins.  Let teams hang around no killer instinct, D looks lackadaisical, forwards can't bury odd man rushes no real snipper on this team Marchand leading the team in goals says it all. PC better be looking to shake things up or this group will have an early exit in the first round. Last 4 games deplited Ottawa team needed a SO, TB needed to come back down by 2 on home ice, Habs ugly game blow 3rd period lead, and Wash blow a 3 goal lead held scoreless for 2 periods, pretty disturbing for Bruin fans.  Need goal scoring and a bottom 4 dman.

Gone are the days when TT covered up for the team defensive lapses, Tuukka is good but no TT that for sure.

They have the lowest GAA in the league and Tuukka is no TT? I guess we have differing opinions there.

Marchand has 12 goals in 19 games. He's tied for 5th in the league in goals scored. Again we must have a difference of opinion on snipers. Marchand has had some impressive goals this year.

That depleted OTT team has been rolling teams, had won 5 straight without Spezza and Karlsson. The B's are not the only team that has had trouble with them.

TB averages the most goals per game in the league, and we held them to less than their average.

I'll give you the Habs and the Caps, otherwise I'm not buying any of it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Not defending the thread starter, and not pining for Khudo to save the day either...HOWEVER

1. How many times did TT save the Bruins, steal wins, or even make what should have been another team's rout over B's become a 2-1 game? A lot

2. How many times did TT blow a 3-0 lead in a game? Answer, I don't know, but I'm guessing in his final few years as a B almost never.

3. Rask? Has he stolen a game in all of the B's wins? Yes, in one shootout and I think there was one other regulation win where he was spectacular. 

When the B's take a 3-0 lead, and then stop playing hockey, and it happens, you have to rely on your goalie to make a big save late in a game. A big stop to stop the bleeding so to speak. This is where the B's miss TT. Would the B's have won 3-2 in regulation with TT in goal? All speculation, but I'd say this is the type of game that he would have kept the B's from losing. Whether it was getting it to the shootout or preventing the 3rd goal after 2 went in. He was always that safety valve for the team.

Defensively, TT had rarely had the type of play the B's have exhibited consistently this year in keeping the shots down on the goalies. The B's have been outstanding most of this season and hit a lull the last few games, breakdowns that are inexcusable. Yes, the defense collapsed, the forwards stopped playing in the 3rd periods and all of that is a big part of why the B's lost to Washington and lost to Montreal after holding leads in both. But despite what I feel is this blind faith in Tuuka that most of you give him, I think he has a tendency to choke late in big games. This 3-0 choke reminded me of the Philly choke and I'm sorry, it still is something that looms on the horizon as the team gets ready for the Playoffs. Tuuka relies on his defense and is a prototypical 2000s goalie. He's better than most, but not as good as probably about 5 off the top of my head currently in the league. He has yet to prove to me that he can take over a game, or keep the other team from taking a game away from the B's when they do have these defensive breakdowns. He simply gives up the goals, good, solid plays by the opponent so they aren't on Rask, but on the defense. Yet, TT probably saved Seidenberg, Ference and others countless times in countless games over the last few years. Rask does not have that ability. 

That is the biggest difference between the B's goaltending with TT and without. The confidence factor as an observer, for me as a fan, is not good. And that shouldn't be the case, but I was spoiled by TT's flamboyant, show-stopping, game-saving abilities. I have to get used to the fact that the B's will not have anything close to him, maybe never again. Rask is like Andy Moog, a better-than-average goalie, good resume, solid when his team defends the rink, but in a big game, isn't going to save the day or save the game. He will let up the goal when the team breaks down. TT was the guy who didn't do that, the guy who because of that ability was the big reason why the team won the Stanley Cup. Bill Ranford as an Oiler made the big saves, the type that you shake your head at. I hope Rask can prove to me that he can backstop the team to the Cup. But believe this, the team has little margin for error. They either play super, solid defense and not have breakdowns on 2-on-1s or backdoor plays, or they aren't going very far. Rask will only be as good as his defense. TT was often BETTER

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

than his defense...that's what I miss about TT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The B's have been great this year because of the defensemen doing their jobs, more so that in any time going back to the Moog-Lemelin years when Bourque, Wesley, O'Connell helped make up a solid back unit. I don't think the B's are great because Tuuka Rask is the goalie. He's a goalie on a very good all-around team. I'm sure the B's will be fine and get back to solid hockey, but I still say there is a fear factor over Rask when it comes to the playoffs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Fair or not fair, but it's there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Sure seems easy for some folks to forget the times that TT gave up OT goals from the neutral zone or the night he blew a 2 goal lead in Montreal with a minute to go. The final goal that time featured TT sidestepping the puck like it was on fire. TT supposedly made his D but now that Rask has numbers as good as any goalie in the modern era its all due to the team in front to of him. Thomas is gone and hd won't be back. I don't miss him as he wasn't remotely as good as some of cult members believed him to be.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

dez, you have to admit that the team defense has been up to the last few games almost more consistent that any time except for Julien's 2nd season when it seemed like the team completely followed its system. Last year, TT wasn't as good, but he wasn't that bad v. Washington and frankly it was a lack of offense from the B's that lost it in 7. Rask has been good, but not great and the last few games, in one of the two, it would have been nice to see him make the "big save."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

as for cult members, I blasted TT more than anyone over his actions as a person. But I respected his goaltending and I realized just how important he was to the team, especially during the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

as for cult members, I blasted TT more than anyone over his actions as a person. But I respected his goaltending and I realized just how important he was to the team, especially during the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Sorry Danny,I was certainly over the top there and chose my words poorly but my post has nothing at all to do with TT as a person. It's about the people who magnify his every save while tossing aside any flaws. It's for you when you're claiming that the Bruins,who regularly top the league in team defense,are now doing it in spite of Rask when for so many years they did it on the back of TT. Rask has already led the league statistically for a season before so it's not like this is just new for this year.  The bottom line is that the Bruins play a great team defense and they have for many years. Both TT and Rask were able to reap the benefits of playing behind them (and vice versa).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Is Khudo actually getting the start tonight?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Is Khudo actually getting the start tonight?

Yes....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Yes....

Then I'm hoping for a 7-6 Bruins win ;) (not really, I want any Bruin to perform well, but Stan's Khudobin worship is driving me nuts)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Then I'm hoping for a 7-6 Bruins win ;) (not really, I want any Bruin to perform well, but Stan's Khudobin worship is driving me nuts)

Agreed. Can't deny his exuberance for the bizarre though. I mean, he must be the only Wheeler-loving Khudobin fanboy in the universe. Props for originality.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Sorry Danny,I was certainly over the top there and chose my words poorly but my post has nothing at all to do with TT as a person. It's about the people who magnify his every save while tossing aside any flaws. It's for you when you're claiming that the Bruins,who regularly top the league in team defense,are now doing it in spite of Rask when for so many years they did it on the back of TT. Rask has already led the league statistically for a season before so it's not like this is just new for this year.  The bottom line is that the Bruins play a great team defense and they have for many years. Both TT and Rask were able to reap the benefits of playing behind them (and vice versa).

And I would also say that maybe I am a little over the top on how I felt about Thomas as a goalie. It's weird about the team defense thing. I always felt like during the Cup year that Thomas was flat out keeping the team in every game (that season). The team was inconsistent during the reg. season. Yet, you are right, if you look at the 2 years before that, and the year after the Cup, the B's defense is and has been a rock. I keep thinking about how TT during the Cup year in particular seemed to "save" the B's defense on way too many occasions. And while the defense has been strong mostly, there is something to be said that where does the goalie factor for the team? Is it the d-men making the goalie--sometimes felt that way during Montreal's great teams (although Dryden was phenomenal in 70-71 playoffs), and even during Pete Peeters shutout season for B's, or is it the goalie making up for the defense, which I found TT to do more so in that one season than any of the others.