Enough....8 goals against in the last 2 games.....drng dring. Mr Khudo are you ready ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Enough....8 goals against in the last 2 games.....drng dring. Mr Khudo are you ready ???

Khudo gets start, but I wouldn't read into it. It's definitely due to the so many games in so many days schedule. Khudo would have played likely if Rask had shutouts in both the last 2 games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Enough....8 goals against in the last 2 games.....drng dring. Mr Khudo are you ready ???

In response to dannycater's comment:

Khudo gets start, but I wouldn't read into it. It's definitely due to the so many games in so many days schedule. Khudo would have played likely if Rask had shutouts in both the last 2 games.

Danny,it's likely a combo of stamina and some questionable play by Rask that led to the spot start for khudo. I'm a big Rask supporter but I still want to see him sharper than he's been of late. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

dez, I'm not giving up on Rask in all the TT-reminiscing posting. But I am disappointed that he could not hold a 3-0 lead v. Caps and a 3-2 lead v. Montreal regardless of who was at fault--which clearly we can see that the B's collapsed in front of Rask in both games. It's kind of why I posted in the first place--I just get frustrated or "spoiled" over TT. I hate the SOB and I miss him, and yet there are things Tuuka does better than TT as far as overall consistency. TT had his moments even within one game, he could be terrible in the first, Vezina in the 2nd, and SuperVezina in the 3rd...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tuuka's style is that of a controlled goalie. Spectacular isn't is his game because he's usually positioned exactly where he is supposed to from side to side. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

On the Khudo plus side, I really liked how he played in both his wins. But caution to the wind is the loss he appeared in, he was ok at best in that game. It would be great if he holds the fort, which I think he is more than capable of doing. I like the combo overall, and it's always good to have a second goalie with talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

OK! I can't just let these post go without saying my piece. I think both Dez & Danny make some valid points & Dez & I have had our battles over TT over the yrs. I sometimes went & got over the top emotinal on protecting Thomas at times. However, when I'm not emotional I try to  be objective. I think TT put on one of the best displays of goaltending over a full season I have ever seen. I always thought he had it in him to be great & he was. I also believe if he comes back next season he's going to make some noise with some more great play on the ice. Not with his eccentric/flake/overthetop/I'm an idiot ways, but when you're f'd up, you're f'd up.

I think the difference between TT & Rask is that TT's style made him so unpredictable. They call it hybrid, but it really was more "flybytheseofyourpants" style. There was no predictablity with TT which confused shooters. I've spoken to a lot of NHL players on Satellite Radio & please correct me if I'm wrong, but Darren Pang described Timmy the best when he said he gave him the name "snowflake" because no 2 saves were alike. TT also worked like a dog & studied players tendancies. Players couldn't study TT, because how can you study someone who doesn't have any consistent tendencies? That comment came from Brett Hull. TT biggest asset was his abilty to battle. 

Rask is so smooth when he's on his game. If there's a goalie out there that is poetry in motion it's Rask! And he certainly has the ability to make a game saving, or game changing stop when required. Ask Mike Grier. Ask the Flordia Panthers when Rask made 44 saves in a 4-0 shut-out that was 0-0 until Lucic got a natural hattrick in the 3rd. It was all Flordia that game. In the first game vs the Habs in the 1st period this season. Rask was the only Bruin that was in the Bell Center while the rest of the team was down on St. Catherine's street. The guy has the abilty to be stellar. And I believe in Rask just as much as I believed in TT. The Bruin's will win a cup with Rask in the net. Will it be this yr? It's as good as time as any.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Go Tukka!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Go Tukka!

Now Danny...It's Tuukka! lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

KHUDO another win ....I was expecting a shut out but I'll take the win ....

KHUDO in net against the Flyers..I hope

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Stankey, he wasn't that good tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Well better than Rask's last 2 games ....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Adequate but nothing special. I thought he was fighting the puck a bit. He was good enough. That is all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He got 27 shots tonight.  Maybe one good save, maybe.

I'll be flat out honest with you, hate to admit it as I might but I do kind of agree with you that Khudo has some really good potential.  I see a TT clone.  Maybe.  But it's going to take another 2,3,4 maybe more years before he gets there.  Not this year.  Or maybe never.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

He was good enough to win, so credit him there. The D didn't feed him to the wolves. But barring an injury, he's going to be an respectable backup to Rask.

I guess the real question I have is, what do you see in him, Stanley, that convinces you he's a world beater? I'm not an expert but I've watched a lot of hockey in my life, and there is nothing in his lateral movement, positionality, glove, blocker, stickwork, quickness, or style that say to me "wow, this guy is really really good". He makes some OK saves and is a decent puck handler, but he'll give more than a few juicy rebounds. The word that comes to mind when I watch him is "adequate", nothing more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

He was good enough to win, so credit him there. The D didn't feed him to the wolves. But barring an injury, he's going to be an respectable backup to Rask.

I guess the real question I have is, what do you see in him, Stanley, that convinces you he's a world beater? I'm not an expert but I've watched a lot of hockey in my life, and there is nothing in his lateral movement, positionality, glove, blocker, stickwork, quickness, or style that say to me "wow, this guy is really really good". He makes some OK saves and is a decent puck handler, but he'll give more than a few juicy rebounds. The word that comes to mind when I watch him is "adequate", nothing more.

He's a bit of a scrambler, he looks a lot like TT back when he was bouncing back and forth between the NHL and AHL.  There's not much to see right now, a few years of seasoning and maybe.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

Absolutely.  No disrespect to Khudobin but the team in front of him also played a more complete game than in the last couple.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

KHUDO another win ....I was expecting a shut out but I'll take the win ....

KHUDO in net against the Flyers..I hope

That's all you got is hope. It isn't going to happen unless Rask gets injured. Move along Stanley there's nothing for you to see here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Ok guys ..leaving for Boston NOW....for tomorrow's game ...a 5.5 hours drive...KHUDO only lost 1 single game this season....DUH

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ok guys ..leaving for Boston NOW....for tomorrow's game ...a 5.5 hours drive...KHUDO only lost 1 single game this season....DUH

He's only played 5 games... DUH

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

thank god. 5.5 hours without having to hear your stupid drivel

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I should be saving my Captain Ahab quotes for Stanley... obsessive is too mild a word.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Go Khudo!...I see a guy who didn't let a 3-1 lead get away. I'm on the Khudo wagon. But he's a backup and that's ok. It's kind of like when the B's had that one guy behind TT way back when. So memorable I've already forgotten his name. Tall guy. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Go Khudo!...I see a guy who didn't let a 3-1 lead get away. I'm on the Khudo wagon. But he's a backup and that's ok. It's kind of like when the B's had that one guy behind TT way back when. So memorable I've already forgotten his name. Tall guy. 

Not to be picky Danny but how many years was anybody truly behind TT on the depth chart. That's one of the most amazing things about the guy. He came into camp almost every year to a battle for starter minutes. Good on him that he consistently proved his worth as a starter but I don't think he had more than 2 seasons where he could say he was the clear cut #1 coming into camp. For me, that's the big part of his charm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Alex Auld?  TT was handpicked by Julien though. He impressed Claude and while I agree that he was really supposed to be the 1-2 with Manny Fernandez and a 1-2 with Rask (maybe half and half, looking for a guy to excel), TT excelled enough to be a 2-time Vezina winner and a Cup MVP....I still believe him to be the best B's goalie I've ever seen, and I was Cheevers biggest fan and I still think Pete Peeters 11-shutout year (82-83?) was one of the best goaltending seasons ever in any league. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Probably the more remarkable is that he was relegated (due to injury really) as Rask's backup, and then took the job right away from him the very next season. That to me was a test by Julien. I don't think he felt that Rask was going to beat out TT altogether, but he set it up for TT to think that he would have to fight for that No. 1 spot. It worked out for everyone (Tuuka got the Cup ring too)....

Sections
Shortcuts