Erik Johnson sent to the Avalanche

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Erik Johnson sent to the Avalanche

Great trade for the avalanche

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Erik Johnson sent to the Avalanche

The Brewer trade was worse, from the Blues standpoint. I feel the could have got more of a return for him.

I think this Johnson trade is actually pretty good for both teams.

Anyhow, as long as the D-men keep getting traded elsewhere but to the fcuking habs, I'm a happy camper! Their turn to deal with injuries!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Should have read Stewart traded to the Blues.  Stewart is a young super stud power fwd.  And check out the numbers on the dman that went with him.

St. Louis wins this deal in my eyes.  But time will tell

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Exactly my point, Shupe!

From what I was hearing from the Avs was that they fell in love with Shattenkirk this year and what a year he's having! Furthermore, they get power-forward-elite-to-be Chris Stewart!!

The Avs got robbed!

Now as for the Johnson deal, they did not get enough back. As the available D-men pickings start getting slim, they could have had a better return closer to the deadline, IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Erik Johnson sent to the Avalanche:
    [QUOTE]Should have read Stewart traded to the Blues.  Stewart is a young super stud power fwd.  And check out the numbers on the dman that went with him. St. Louis wins this deal in my eyes.  But time will tell
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    It depends on whether Johnson can improve upon(or even maintain)last years numbers.Interesting to be seeing more trades that seem to hold good value for both sides rather than all of the salary dumps we've all been forced to grow used to.Obviously the usual cash dumps are still happenning but it's nice to see some deals where we can at least debate who got the best players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree on the Brewer issue.  He is the captain and plays both ends well.  I think a team like Washington should have jumped into the mix.  Gotta give Stevie Y some credit.  He has made some excellent moves.  Rollie, Brewer and likely more to come.  I wouldnt wanna face them in the 1st round.  Lots of fire power.  They play a crazy 1-3-1 system.  A proven playoff goalie.  Experience from the guys remaining from the last cup.  I think they have the best top 2 lines in the East. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

I agree.  I have been saying blockbusters are dead.  But this seems like a blockbuster for two teams that are out of the playoffs and are looking into next year.  Shattenkirk has put up great numbers as well.   Stewart is just gonna get better.  He is the West version of Lucic

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Must admit...I did not see that one coming.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, I agree.  I have been saying blockbusters are dead.  But this seems like a blockbuster for two teams that are out of the playoffs and are looking into next year.  Shattenkirk has put up great numbers as well.   Stewart is just gonna get better.  He is the West version of Lucic
    I'm confused.Does that mean you like Stewart but not at his price? Sorry.....I couldn't resist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Huge deal. Didn't see that one coming. Johnson could be an elite d-man and if he is the Avs sure paid a price.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,

Good memory.  If I could have one I would choose Stewart.  How about that.  Lucic has put up a nice year.  Hopefully he isnt like a roller coaster.  We need him to perform well.  And I will actually eat my words.  How about that.  He has earned his contract this year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm glad all of these players stayed in the west.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, Good memory.  If I could have one I would choose Stewart.  How about that.  Lucic has put up a nice year.  Hopefully he isnt like a roller coaster.  We need him to perform well.  And I will actually eat my words.  How about that.  He has earned his contract this year. 
    Hey Shupe,you're alright! For the sake of argument,I still think Colorado won the deal and that Lucic is better than Stewart.I readily admit that an argument can be made for both sides.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

This looks like an old Bruins move.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Erik Johnson sent to the Avalanche : Hey Shupe,you're alright!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

No he's not.  He's a jerk and a closet Habs fan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I think St-Louis had the best in this trade Chris Stewart is an excellent player...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I agree with R8 and NAS keeping them out west and keep them away from Habs county.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

I thought this deal was Johnson for Stewart straight up (bad enough for StL).  Then I see Shattenkirk for McClement (27 year old penalty killer) and it looks even worse.  COL just hurt the TOR pick (effecting us) because they are really going to tank now!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

The Avalanche aren't as bad of a team as the standings show.  They've been injury plagued.  Chris Stewart was on fire before his injury.  Since coming back he has been alright but once he gets into a groove again he will score some goals for St. Louis.  The thing that really hurt the Avs, though, was Fleishmann going down with a heart problem.  I think it was pretty hard on the players because since then they've hardly been able to win a game.

Not sure if this is the greatest trade for Colorado right now.  Stewart was a stud and Shattenkirk was a budding offensive dman.  Erik Johnson has a ton of untouched potential though.  I guess it depends on how he pans out.

It would be interesting to get Fletcher's perspective on this trade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]I'm glad all of these players stayed in the west.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  And I'm glad all these players stayed on non-contenders.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS-

You are right and wrong.
    I am a jerk but will never be a habs fan.  My entire family up bringing was with the Habs jersey in it.  Grandfather, father, brother, cousins.  I am the black sheep in the family b/c I chose at an early age(grade 5).  Wanna know the reason, b/c my mother bought me the Bruins Jersey for xmas.  I wish I still had it.  Plus I am good friends with Glenn Murray which was a bonus for being a Bruins fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]how is old muzz these days. Seems like the price on Johnson was way lower than i expected
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Probably because you are unfamiliar with the players that were traded to St. Louis.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Ill be interested to see how Stewart develops but I dont think the Blues got enough back in either deal.

I live 90 minutes from St Louis so Ive been riding my Blues' fans friends saying I wanted them to tank so they would trade Brewer and Backes to the Bruins.  They didnt get enough for Brewer. 

Oh well, glad they didnt come east and Im happy with Kaberle.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Ill be interested to see how Stewart develops but I dont think the Blues got enough back in either deal. I live 90 minutes from St Louis so Ive been riding my Blues' fans friends saying I wanted them to tank so they would trade Brewer and Backes to the Bruins.  They didnt get enough for Brewer.  Oh well, glad they didnt come east and Im happy with Kaberle.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I think the Blues got enough for Brewer.  The problem is that they didn't get enough for Pronger.

Sections
Shortcuts