Erikkson's status?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Erikkson's status?

Anyone know how long he is out for after last night's head injury? I'm still PISSED about that bunch of Buffalo goons and what they did last night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Erikkson's status?

He's being held back in Buffalo overnight for pre-cautionary reasons and will miss tonights game, according to CJ.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not a good story at all. Scott's a goon and should be treated like one. Other guys on Buffalo were looking, and took, cheap shots all night, but Claude obviously laid down the law against retaliation, which contributed to some of the sloppiness. Let's hope the smarts return for tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Watching the replay, I'm hoping it's more whiplash than anything else.  As jmw pointed out elsewhere, he landed on his arms.  It probably can't be over-stated how important that is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'd be amazed if there isn't a concussion, nut hopefully a minor one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Definitely a concussion, but he wasn't knocked out which is very good.  Not that you need to be for a bad concussion (see Crosby).  He'll definitely be out a week or two. At least.

On the bright side I'm looking foward to watching Marchand-Bergeron-Smith as a line.  I think they could thrive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfansince88. Show Bruinfansince88's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definitely a concussion, but he wasn't knocked out which is very good.  Not that you need to be for a bad concussion (see Crosby).  He'll definitely be out a week or two. At least.

On the bright side I'm looking foward to watching Marchand-Bergeron-Smith as a line.  I think they could thrive.

[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling we're more likely to see Caron or Soderberg on a line with Bergeron and Smith.

Also, Chiarelli has officially confirmed that Eriksson sustained a concussion   http://bruins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=688324

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Confirmed concussion.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=688324&navid=DL|BOS|home

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=22160

Eriksson Passes Exertion Test

"With Loui Eriksson out indefinitely with a concussion since October 23 in Buffalo, when he received a headshot from John Scott, Julien offered good news on Friday morning regarding the winger.

"Still doing okay. As predicted, he’s taken some steps in the right direction here," said the bench boss. Eriksson passed the exertion test and has been able to start working out.

"So that’s still a day to day process and whether he keeps moving forward or whether we have to hold him back, we’ll only know one day at a time."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

When he's ready, hold him out for another 3 days.  If he's not 110%, don't dress him.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/11/loui.html

By Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff

UNIONDALE, N.Y. – Loui Eriksson returned to the ice this morning, taking part in the morning skate with the Bruins for the first time since suffering a concussion against the Sabres on Oct. 23 when he was hit by John Scott.

Eriksson will not play tonight against the Islanders, marking the fifth straight game he has missed, and did not speak to the media today.

"He's just skating with the team for the first time there, no contact," coach Claude Julien said. "Just kind of going step by step. That's basically where he is right now. You keep your fingers crossed that there's no setbacks and he keeps moving forward."

Scott was penalized for the hit with a seven-game suspension, which was announced on Thursday afternoon. There's no timetable for Eriksson at the moment, as he continues to go day-by-day."

Good stuff LouI

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

A step in the right direction... but the team is good enough for the regular season and shouldn't rush him (and I'm sure they won't!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"Loui Eriksson taking part in 2-on-2 battling drills during practice today ^CS"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well...that's good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A step in the right direction... but the team is good enough for the regular season and shouldn't rush him (and I'm sure they won't!)

[/QUOTE]

I don't know BFinNJ...many of your comments on here indicate you think the Bruins are NOT good enough for the regular season. Just my observation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know BFinNJ...many of your comments on here indicate you think the Bruins are NOT good enough for the regular season. Just my observation.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've ever said the team was no good... just maybe not good some nights (like at NYI on Saturday... which CJ himself has been quoted as saying possibly their worst game of the year.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Apparently he may get to play against his old team tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Davinator's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've ever said the team was no good... just maybe not good some nights (like at NYI on Saturday... which CJ himself has been quoted as saying possibly their worst game of the year.)

[/QUOTE]

And against the Sharks, and against the Devils & and against the Ducks & against the Sabers & against the RedWings and against the Panthers & against the Pens & Av's! The ONLY time you never said anything negative has been the 3-1 & 5-0 wins against the Lightning, the 4-1 win against the Wings you even whined in some of the games they won. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What happened to comments about Eriksson's status ? All these jibes aren't worth reading. Bleacher indicates Eriksson may play tonight after working on contact drills. Probably why Spooner went down, but I also hope Claude opens his eyes to other concerns like getting the most out of Marchand who was one of the better players in the last game; and sitting Thorny so that a younger, faster, more skilled player can help the 4th line improve.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What happened to comments about Eriksson's status ? All these jibes aren't worth reading. Bleacher indicates Eriksson may play tonight after working on contact drills. Probably why Spooner went down, but I also hope Claude opens his eyes to other concerns like getting the most out of Marchand who was one of the better players in the last game; and sitting Thorny so that a younger, faster, more skilled player can help the 4th line improve.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bog? Just as you point out things about certain players on the B's like how bad Chara is,or CJ is as coach. Some of us point out things on certain posters, like those that complain more often than not & try to say they don't do it much. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@DavidCGoucher

"At @NHLBruins morning skate, looks like Loui Eriksson & Johnny Boychuk return against Dallas tonight."

@NHLBruins

"Loui Eriksson will be in tonight vs Dallas and Johnny Boychuk will "more than likely" be in, per Julien ^CS"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bog? Just as you point out things about certain players on the B's like how bad Chara is,or CJ is as coach. Some of us point out things on certain posters, like those that complain more often than not & try to say they don't do it much. 

[/QUOTE]

Bogie complains about CJ ?!? There's 3 things in life you can always count on, death,taxes, and Bogie complaining about CJ, i know that for sure, and oh yeah, what the fu*##***## is Thornton doing on the 4th line!!!!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE] What happened to comments about Eriksson's status ? All these jibes aren't worth reading. Bleacher indicates Eriksson may play tonight after working on contact drills. Probably why Spooner went down, but I also hope Claude opens his eyes to other concerns like getting the most out of Marchand who was one of the better players in the last game; and sitting Thorny so that a younger, faster, more skilled player can help the 4th line improve. [/QUOTE]

Hey Bog? Just as you point out things about certain players on the B's like how bad Chara is,or CJ is as coach. Some of us point out things on certain posters, like those that complain more often than not & try to say they don't do it much. [/QUOTE]

Bogie pointing out that there are some things he'd like too see changed in the Bruins lineup doesn't mean he thinks Julien is lousy. I don't consider it complaining but just wanting to see some changes.

And Chara has been bad in some games, that is observation not whining. Just like when posters criticized Thomas you went haywire. But that didn't mean posters thought TT was terrible every night.

Spooner should be in the Bs lineup and Thornton should be out, that is obvious hockey knowledge.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Eriksson/Bergeron and a rotation of Marchand and/or Caron in practice...

Might we see Marchand scratched tonight?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think Spooner over Thornton is irrelevant for the most part.  Fourth line has 2 goals and is a combined +1.  Basically, they've been on for two goals for and two goals against except for Thornton, who wasn't on the ice for one of the goals against.  The only reason that line draws so much attention is that the Bruins are used to that line being a tactical advantage over other teams' fourth lines and the ice time they get because of it.  The only guys to see less ice than Thornton on a per game basis last year were Tardif and MacDermid.  This year?  No one sees the ice less.  He plays 8 minutes.  He gets 12 shifts a game.  I like Spooner, but I don't think he's a difference maker playing 12 shifts a game.

I can see a reason to put Spooner in that slot, but it's mostly for the what if factor - what if Bergeron gets nicked up, or Krejci?  What if Marchand is tossed for doing something stupid, or what if you want to send him a message?  Answer: Spooner to the rescue.  But I can also see a reason for Thornton to stick around - the bench wants him to be there.  He's one of them, and Spooner hasn't earned the right to take Thornton's job away yet.  They trust that he "has their backs" (yes, I know, Savard, Eriksson etc., but that's the message they've always given publicly).  More to managing a bench than just figuring out who your best players are.

Sections
Shortcuts