Eriksson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Eriksson

when you don't notice eriksson, he's still a very effective player in his own end. 3 games without a point isn't something that has me overly worried. Hes had a couple chances too. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i wouldnt have traded seguin for whats its worth.  I believe hes gonna be very very good.  He was dealt more bc of his contract.  The fact the media blew him up and the team sold him out was disappointing.  

You should explain that.  How did they 'sell him out' and how was it disappointing?  I mean it's disappointing if none of the rumors are true, but what if there are?  It seems to me like the team went to great lengths to hide the real reasons for the departure and stuck with the "great kid, great player" line.  

I'm surprsied any fan would want the team to forgive and tip-toe around a player screwing off during the playoffs.  I have nothing against Seguin, but your blaming of the team seems like it falls into the coddleing and spoiling of star players category.  I'd rather have Chiarelli and Neely have a backbone and make difficult decisions when they need to.

Ideally Khudo would have been kept and I frequently endorsed the Mason Raymond angle, but PC has a cap to worry about and I'm not sure either of these moves made sense in the grand scheme, cap-wise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

3 games in, lets see where they are after 40 games. Both are are talented guys who'll be fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch, I'm going to ignore all but a couple of posts above, including shupe not missing an opportunity to turn this into a discussion of Rask's contract.

I agree with WTL on his overall game.  Two things that give me hope in terms of this being a question of time: more than one rush last night, Eriksson had a hard time executing with his linemates.  Thinking of one cross/pick and roll type play in particular where the pass was just off enough to lose whatever room the cross created and the whole play went for nothing.  That's a question of timing, familiarity.  It'll come.  More difficult to break through is that Bergeron and Marchand don't seem to see him out there.  I don't know if it's just that he goes to the net when they expect him to stay up high, or he looks for a one timer when they're expecting him to fill a lane or what.  It might be that they're used to playing with Seguin who, last year at least, spent a lot of time just doing his own thing.  Bergeron and Marchand play off of each other very well, so they get a two-man game going and forget about Eriksson.  That's not on Eriksson. They need a breakout game that helps define them as a line - a three point night for the line with a few good, instinctive connections a bit like the breakout play where Krejci circled behind the net, made a pass, puck went to Lucic and he just tipped it to Krejci on the tape in full flight.  That should have led to Iginla's first.  Point is, I'm seeing Eriksson doing a lot of good things in the offensive zone but not getting the puck, and you can't score without it.  Once they get him the puck in good situations, he'll score.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

The entire 2nd line looks out of sync so far, but I think Iggy is playing well. The long break between the 2nd and last nights game did not help. This team shouldn't have any problems scoring this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

The entire 2nd line looks out of sync so far, but I think Iggy is playing well. The long break between the 2nd and last nights game did not help. This team shouldn't have any problems scoring this season.

+1  Agree on all counts.

Iggy is showing up where he's supposed to be.  Give him a game or 2 and he'll be exactly what he expect him to be.  

Ericksson doesn't look "lost" per se; it's the whole 2nd line that's not up to speed yet.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Agreed!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Agree with some of th eposts above while shaking my head at some others. I agree, Fletch, whats the deal? In a weird way, I guess I'd be more concerned if Bergeron and Marchand were playing well and he was dragging them down. We all know what Bergeron and Marchand are capable of, i suspect once gthey get going so will Eriksson. I'd like to see that line as a whole at the least create some scoring chances. I'll say I've noticed it, but not too concerned yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The season started 2 1/2 weeks ago. Really, really tough for everyone, especially the new guys.  Ideally, a baptism by fire to start the season, gets everybody into it, and then those 2 or 3 games you "don't have to play' in Apri, help big time.

I'm not sure Ericssons strength compliments Bergeron and Marchand anyway, but time will tell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Dallas leading Winnipeg at the moment, 4-0

Seguin in on all four goals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Tyler Sequin - 1st or 2nd line centre, but on Boston. He is now in his correct position and should flourish.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

post game interview, Seguin says thanks to Chia

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

If after the playoffs are finished this year Eriksson only has 1 goal then and only then I will worry about the trade being a mistake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

i wouldnt have traded seguin for whats its worth.  I believe hes gonna be very very good.  He was dealt more bc of his contract.  The fact the media blew him up and the team sold him out was disappointing.  

You should explain that.  How did they 'sell him out' and how was it disappointing?  I mean it's disappointing if none of the rumors are true, but what if there are?  It seems to me like the team went to great lengths to hide the real reasons for the departure and stuck with the "great kid, great player" line.  

I'm surprsied any fan would want the team to forgive and tip-toe around a player screwing off during the playoffs.  I have nothing against Seguin, but your blaming of the team seems like it falls into the coddleing and spoiling of star players category.  I'd rather have Chiarelli and Neely have a backbone and make difficult decisions when they need to.

Ideally Khudo would have been kept and I frequently endorsed the Mason Raymond angle, but PC has a cap to worry about and I'm not sure either of these moves made sense in the grand scheme, cap-wise.

Team should have been organization.  Not one specific player.  There were things said by players but i didnt think they crossed the line.  I dont feel what the organization did to this kid is fair.  If he had some off ice issues its on the player first.  we went through this before in my stance that the team didnt mind when he was loaded after winning the cup.  Pictures all over the place.  Seguin couldnt handle all that.  But i dont think the team did much to help.  And to throw punches at him on the way out isnt classy in my opinion.  Not when they were part of the problem.  I dont have issue trading a player.  But dont air the laundry over the media.  Im sure a lot goes on behind closed doors.  I just think 2 wrongs dont make a right.  Seguin has some issues.  I dont know what lengths they went to help him.  But he is their employee.  Seems like they dumped him before giving him a chance.  

Book.  I believe trading seguin opened the vault for rask.  Would you not agree?   It cleared cap space.  you gotta read the entire thing bc i applauded the moves after saying i didnt wanna get rid of seguin.  The rask thing was brought in bc its part of the reason.  I ultimately would rather have kept seguin but overall im happy with the current roster.   Im not bashing rask.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Team should have been organization.  Not one specific player.  There were things said by players but i didnt think they crossed the line.  I dont feel what the organization did to this kid is fair.  If he had some off ice issues its on the player first.  we went through this before in my stance that the team didnt mind when he was loaded after winning the cup.  Pictures all over the place.  Seguin couldnt handle all that.  But i dont think the team did much to help.  And to throw punches at him on the way out isnt classy in my opinion.  Not when they were part of the problem.  I dont have issue trading a player.  But dont air the laundry over the media.  Im sure a lot goes on behind closed doors.  I just think 2 wrongs dont make a right.  Seguin has some issues.  I dont know what lengths they went to help him.  But he is their employee.  Seems like they dumped him before giving him a chance.  

Book.  I believe trading seguin opened the vault for rask.  Would you not agree?   It cleared cap space.  you gotta read the entire thing bc i applauded the moves after saying i didnt wanna get rid of seguin.  The rask thing was brought in bc its part of the reason.  I ultimately would rather have kept seguin but overall im happy with the current roster.   Im not bashing rask.  

"air the laundry over the media"

What does this refer too?  Examples?  I never saw it.  The media was (rightfully) rabid for an explanation of why the Bruins would give up on their star #2 pick.  The Bruins really didn't oblige accept to admit they were some maturity related problems.  Other than that, I heard "great kid", "gonna be a great player" and so forth.  I think you're confusing the media with the team.  The media reached for explanations and rumors. I never saw an effort to run him down, even when the team was pressed with demands for an explanation.

The difference between ignoring his drinking after the Cup win and then objecting to it two years later -- the OFFSEASON.  He was (alledgedly) drinking and partying during the playoffs this time.  That's a whole lot different than celebrating after winning a Cup win.

Regardless of whether they should have traded him or not, you can't condone things like that from players.  You're describing the 'coddle players at all costs' method of management, and it doesn't work.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: Louie.  Louie seems tentative.  Seems like he's holding back.  I think this is what people are calling "invisible."  I still think his skill set is too similar to Bergeron, it's as if he's second guessing what Bergeron is doing and is afraid that he will be in the same place at the same time and end up horribly out of position.  To me, it just looks that way, it's an impression I have in my gut - I can't cite examples.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

re: Louie.  Louie seems tentative.  Seems like he's holding back.  I think this is what people are calling "invisible."  I still think his skill set is too similar to Bergeron, it's as if he's second guessing what Bergeron is doing and is afraid that he will be in the same place at the same time and end up horribly out of position.  To me, it just looks that way, it's an impression I have in my gut - I can't cite examples.

This is what I am seeing as well.

I know it is only 3 games in, and way too early for Claude, but I would like to see Louie and Jerome trade lines for a couple of games. This would give the B's 4 lines that are defensively sound with 3 that should be a scoring threat.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Maybe it's as simple as left handed shooting right wings don't work in the B's system, i don't know but Jagr didn't look comfortable playing on that line either. If this keeps up, flip Loui & Iginla and see what happens or just wait awhile, after all it is only 3 games. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

I have thought the same thing - we've only ever heard, since the day the trade was made, about how similar Eriksson and Bergeron are; in style, intelligence, two-way defensive play etc etc. Why play them on the same line? Why not spread them out?

Iginla and Eriksson should trade lines.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Maybe it's as simple as left handed shooting right wings don't work in the B's system, i don't know but Jagr didn't look comfortable playing on that line either. If this keeps up, flip Loui & Iginla and see what happens or just wait awhile, after all it is only 3 games. 

The more I think about that, the more sense it makes.  It gives both lines what they lack, more grit and size on the second line, more defense on the first.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

"air the laundry over the media"

What does this refer too?  Examples?  I never saw it.  The media was (rightfully) rabid for an explanation of why the Bruins would give up on their star #2 pick.  The Bruins really didn't oblige accept to admit they were some maturity related problems.  Other than that, I heard "great kid", "gonna be a great player" and so forth.  I think you're confusing the media with the team.  The media reached for explanations and rumors. I never saw an effort to run him down, even when the team was pressed with demands for an explanation.

The difference between ignoring his drinking after the Cup win and then objecting to it two years later -- the OFFSEASON.  He was (alledgedly) drinking and partying during the playoffs this time.  That's a whole lot different than celebrating after winning a Cup win.

Regardless of whether they should have traded him or not, you can't condone things like that from players.  You're describing the 'coddle players at all costs' method of management, and it doesn't work.

Um seguin was breaking the law.  He wasnt 21.  He wasnt 19.  lots and lots of players go partying regulat season and playoffs.  I dont agree but dont kid yourself either.  you dont think the team leaks stuff to the media?  Its funny all this was brought on at once   I think its smelly.  I doubt the college chicks he was thumping were the source.  

Im not coddling.  But it cant swing both ways.  they should have grabbed the 18 year old drunk in all those pictures, then grabbed chara and team captains and have him settle down.  you cant say in one instance its fine and not the other.  I dont blame a kid for partying.  And i dont think this snuck up on them.  So maybe had they cracked down in the beginning it doesnt continue.  

I hope he lights the lamp all year.  I think hes gonna be a franchise player.  Its our loss.  He will grow up in time.  Heck JR never grew up and id love to had him over the course of his career.  

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

fletch,

if you think of recent history i can name numerous party goers who team-media have tarnished.  Mike richards and carter for starters.  Drew doughty.  Simmonds.  Etc etc.  id take every last one of them.  Spezza and ray and mcgratton well known to party at the bars in ottawa and do coke when they were young guys.  

• Sections
    Shortcuts