In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 4everbruins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://nesn.com/2014/01/loui-eriksson-cleared-for-contact-doubtful-for-bruins-kings-matchup-on-thursday/

"Boston Bruins winger Loui Eriksson has been cleared for contact and it shouldn’t be too much longer before he returns to the lineup, but his status for Thursday’s game in Los Angeles against the Kings is doubtful."

Almost there

[/QUOTE]

Man I hope he's done with the concussions. He got clocked pretty good both times, especially the last one.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I think the 1st one was far worse! 

[/QUOTE]

No doubt.

[/QUOTE]

Real problem is continuing to get hit in the future. If it is indeed a fact that you become more susceptible after being concussed, getting two this close together is no doubt a concern. Having him back healthy will be a big plus. Now, does CJ put him back on the second line? Marchand is playing well with Smith. A good problem to have.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Eriksson

Somewhat off topic here, but when they announced Loui had another concussion, I believe I remember PC commenting on how Loui was playing on his off wing which is why his head was turned the way it was leaving him in a somewhat vulnerable position (or something of that nature.) Do you think the Bruins have, or would, consider moving Loui back to LW and making a move for another forward with a right handed shot? 

Good idea? Bad idea? Shut up Davey?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Shut up Davey! Haha jk.

I don't think Eriksson has a problem with his off wing, he has played a lot of his career on the off wing. I don't know that we need another forward so much as a d-man and I have a feeling we will only be getting one or the other or neither. So I would rather us look towards finding a Seidenberg-lite replacement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shut up Davey! Haha jk.

I don't think Eriksson has a problem with his off wing, he has played a lot of his career on the off wing. I don't know that we need another forward so much as a d-man and I have a feeling we will only be getting one or the other or neither. So I would rather us look towards finding a Seidenberg-lite replacement.

[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree that if a trade is to be made it will be a d-man. Just a thought!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd like to see him on his "on wing" (what the heck do you call it?  Not his off wing).

Lots of guys who play their off wing seem to do it seamlessly, like Jagr.

But it seems to me that Loui gets handcuffed or put into awkward positions frequently.

I could be way off base, I don't know, but it's just an impression that I have.

So I won't say good idea or bad idea, but I think you might have something there, worth exploring.

What worked for him before might not work for him on the Bruins.

Again, another impression and I might be way off base, but it doesn't seem like the checking is as tight in Dallas as it is in Boston.  So maybe he was fine with it in the Dallas system, but not so good in the Bruins system.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd like to see him on his "on wing" (what the heck do you call it?  Not his off wing).

Lots of guys who play their off wing seem to do it seamlessly, like Jagr.

But it seems to me that Loui gets handcuffed or put into awkward positions frequently.

I could be way off base, I don't know, but it's just an impression that I have.

So I won't say good idea or bad idea, but I think you might have something there, worth exploring.

What worked for him before might not work for him on the Bruins.

Again, another impression and I might be way off base, but it doesn't seem like the checking is as tight in Dallas as it is in Boston.  So maybe he was fine with it in the Dallas system, but not so good in the Bruins system.

[/QUOTE]

Ive liked what ive seen of Loui here, and hes obviously a great player, but I kinda agree with you. Would like to just see how he plays on the LW.

And all this wing talk has me craving buffalo wings now. Perfect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Hoping that Eriksson can get back and play with Spooner/Soderberg for a bit before Kelly gets back.  The third line is being held back by the rotating AHL'er on the wing.  That may be Spooner's best shot to make his case to stay with the big club and force management to make a decision.  He has been good, but I'm guessing if Kelly came back today Spooner would be on his way down to Providence.  However, if Spooner/Soderberg/Eriksson get on a roll and start really putting up points then it will be that much tougher to pull Spooner for the defensive minded Kelly.

I think that third line has the potential to be the equivalent of Krecji/Wheeler/Ryder line that gave us some great depth scoring way back when ---- Basically all three players having the ability/potential to play a top 6 role on a lot of teams

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:[QUOTE] Do you think the Bruins have, or would, consider moving Loui back to LW and making a move for another forward with a right handed shot? 

Good idea? Bad idea? Shut up Davey? [/QUOTE]

I think PC makes a move for a forward after the Olympics. But whether it is just a depth forward or someone with some real goal scoring will be determined by Ericksson's play over the next month n half.

I do think the Bruins need another right-handed shot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mxt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the record, it very well may be taken out of the teams hands, but behind the scenes "wink wink", I guessing that nobody wants him to risk coming back unless it's for a Cup run. We'll find out soon enough.

[/QUOTE]

So what? For your idea to fly one of three things would need to happen (if he was physically able to play and cleared) The doctors would have to lie about his medical clearance, which is malpractice, the Bruins would have to lie about his medical clearance which is fraud, or Eriksson would have to lie about his medical clearance, and he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would willfully duck out on his country.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about this but i do know it would be nice if he would duck out on some of these head shots he's taking. 

[/QUOTE]

Lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

NHL, meet the league's best 3rd line forward. Loui got hit so bad on the 2nd concussion because he was reaching back, as off-wings are able to do. But it doesn't mean it's bad for him to be on the off wing. Eriksson won't be going lefty as long as Lucic and Marchand are in the lineup, or until Soderberg's eye heals miraculously and he can play right. I think Loui likes RW anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

oh wait.  I just remembered, on the Scott hit Loui was on the left side, his 'normal' wing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Also, looking at the Orpik hit, I'm wondering when the concussion occurred - it might have been when his head made contact with the ice and not as a result of the contact with Orpik.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE] Also, looking at the Orpik hit, I'm wondering when the concussion occurred - it might have been when his head made contact with the ice and not as a result of the contact with Orpik. [/QUOTE]

You don't have to be hit in the head to get the next concussion. Look at Bergeron's concussion when Seidenberg hit him. The next ones don't take much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE] Also, looking at the Orpik hit, I'm wondering when the concussion occurred - it might have been when his head made contact with the ice and not as a result of the contact with Orpik. [/QUOTE]

You don't have to be hit in the head to get the next concussion. Look at Bergeron's concussion when Seidenberg hit him. The next ones don't take much.

[/QUOTE]

And that should be the big worry here... How many do you take before the thought of retiring becomes an issue... As far as I know these are only the first two in his career....how many is enough?  At some point life after hockey and living a normal life, if that is possible, should be top priority...I personally don't see the rush in getting him back so soon, given the short amount of time between concussions....you are playing Russian Roulette.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geez.  You're right.  I've had my fair share of concussions.  And you just prompted my memory.  I fell off a ladder and landed fairly squarely on my backside, but the sudden shock made my head spin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, right, back on track, but my point was that I was reasoning that maybe the concussion wasn't purely the result of him playing his off wing, but maybe more of a fluke injury that happened when his head hit the ice after the hit.

But at any rate, I still see him as being a little awkward on his off wing, not like other guys who play their off wing and you never notice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DaveyN's comment:[QUOTE] Do you think the Bruins have, or would, consider moving Loui back to LW and making a move for another forward with a right handed shot? 

Good idea? Bad idea? Shut up Davey? [/QUOTE]

I think PC makes a move for a forward after the Olympics. But whether it is just a depth forward or someone with some real goal scoring will be determined by Ericksson's play over the next month n half.

I do think the Bruins need another right-handed shot.

[/QUOTE]

I was always under the impression that Eriksson preferred RW. If he is moved to LW I think that would necessitate a trade for a RW. Another right shot for the bottom 6 does seem desirable. Who is moved?

I see it this way

Soderberg Spooner Smith/Eriksson

Kelly Spooner Eriksson with Soderberg on 4th

Soderberg Kelly Eriksson with Spooner back in minors

Lots of options there, I guess it depends on whether Smith can maintain his play and Spooner continue to improve.

the 4th lines below seem like a vast improvement over last year 

Soderberg Campbell Paille or

Campbell Kelly Paille

if Spooner falters Thornton slots back in as the natural RW in the bottom 6

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, right, back on track, but my point was that I was reasoning that maybe the concussion wasn't purely the result of him playing his off wing, but maybe more of a fluke injury that happened when his head hit the ice after the hit.

But at any rate, I still see him as being a little awkward on his off wing, not like other guys who play their off wing and you never notice.

[/QUOTE]

I read it was more of the whiplash affect that caused his concussion this time around & there was plenty of whiplash in that Orpuke's hit!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Eriksson cleared for contact, might play Saturday against the Sharks according to 98.5

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good idea? Bad idea? Shut up Davey?

[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the fact you were prepared for that third option.

I think it would be shuffling the deck chairs a bit - wouldn't help much with either Eriksson's health or chemistry, and might complicate things unneccesarily.  I think he'll be fine.  Get him back with Bergeron and Marchand, see if Smith and Soderberg can replicate their PP chemistry 5 on 5, and away we go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I guess a poster took offense to the phrase below.  Nonethess Loui played off wing in Dallas.  I tend to think CJ will place him on the third line until he gets his legs back.  The two Swedes may click in that time.  These are the times to experiment not March or April anyway.

In response to OatesCam's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NHL, meet the league's best 3rd line forward. Loui got hit so bad on the 2nd concussion because he was reaching back, as off-wings are able to do. But it doesn't mean it's bad for him to be on the off wing. Eriksson won't be going lefty as long as Lucic and Marchand are in the lineup, or until Soderberg's eye heals miraculously and he can play right. I think Loui likes RW anyway.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

LouI looked good tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

yes he did.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Other than scoring in a 1-0 win, next best thing is getting an assist - which he did.

Sections
Shortcuts