Eriksson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Eriksson

My patience has run out with him.  My frustration has peaked.  He looks like either the world's best worst player or the worst best player.  I can see the appeal of him and very natural for PC to think he would thrive outside of a bad team.

He obviously has a ton of talent, but he just doesn't seem motivated.

Fraser and Morrow are good looking prospects as far as I'm concerned.  Rielly Smith is certainly an improvement over Peverly and Loui should be an improvement over Seguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Eriksson

Last night against the Habs was his chance to shine when everyone else was taking the night off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Last night against the Habs was his chance to shine when everyone else was taking the night off.

[/QUOTE]

Huh? What does this mean?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Huh? What does this mean?

[/QUOTE]

He seemed to be coming around and then last night he had a turnover that led to a Habs goal.  I would have like to see him continue on that little upward trend, but then last night he turned in a clunker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Come on.  Don't blame me for being frustrated with this guy.

From what I see of him, he should be producing more.

He's got talent, that's for sure.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Were you one of the posters who said the Bs should trade Bergeron in 2010?

The whole team was stuck in low gear last night! Montreal needed the win after losing four only to win against Carolina before the Bs game.  The Bs on the other hand were horrible, yes I will blame Tuuka for at least one of the goals.  Where was Iginla?  The list goes on.  I will stay the course on Eriksson.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

To single out Loui in an atrocious team performance last night is going a bit far. Sure i wish he had a hattrick but with the way the entire team was performing he would have had to pull a few Bobby Orr's to do that.Loui isn't and won't be that type of player. It was a total team stinker,start to finish.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

let's look at the eriksson timeline... started slow, new guy on the team. but a slow start was had by that entire line march-berg-erik. then he started showing signs of what we thought we were getting... then concussion. he's then out for a month or two, and comes back looking like he's starting all over again(which when coming back from a serious concussion is expected). the guy has proven he can play at a high level in the nhl. not to mention he's now playing on the 3rd line, getting less minutes, playing with lesser talent.
    how can a fair evaluation be made?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So was Reilly Smith's chance to shine. I want to see him against teh league's best put up numbers.   Then again Seguin failed at that also. It's a wash !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

All right then, never mind last night, but this guy is a good player.  He's "earned" his goals as practically each one has been a skill goal and not a cheesey deflection or something - for the most part at least.  He's got skills.  I'm not seeing the results I would expect from the skill set he has.  I think he's good defensively.  I think he's miles better than Spooner or Caron or anyone you could think of in the organization.

I'm disappointed in him.  I'd like to see a fire get lit under his but.  One benching might do it.  A little fan harassment might do it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

let's look at the eriksson timeline... started slow, new guy on the team. but a slow start was had by that entire line march-berg-erik. then he started showing signs of what we thought we were getting... then concussion. he's then out for a month or two, and comes back looking like he's starting all over again(which when coming back from a serious concussion is expected). the guy has proven he can play at a high level in the nhl. not to mention he's now playing on the 3rd line, getting less minutes, playing with lesser talent.
    how can a fair evaluation be made?

[/QUOTE]

Who says I have to be fair?  I want results from this guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm sure making you happy is tops on his priority list.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

All right then, never mind last night, but this guy is a good player.  He's "earned" his goals as practically each one has been a skill goal and not a cheesey deflection or something - for the most part at least.  He's got skills.  I'm not seeing the results I would expect from the skill set he has.  I think he's good defensively.  I think he's miles better than Spooner or Caron or anyone you could think of in the organization.

I'm disappointed in him.  I'd like to see a fire get lit under his but.  One benching might do it.  A little fan harassment might do it.

[/QUOTE]
    We could maybe arrange this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i'm sure making you happy is tops on his priority list.

[/QUOTE]

Of course!

And why should it not?

As if he has something better to do? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You thinking of calling Stanley in?  I'm not sure I want to go that far.  Not yet anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You thinking of calling Stanley in?  I'm not sure I want to go that far.  Not yet anyway.

[/QUOTE]

How about Robert DeNiro reprising his role in "The Fan"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I would put blame on the coaching also, I mean grant it smith is playing well with bergies line, but i think a swap with loui would help both ways. Last nights game really peaved me off on the 1st and 2nd goals, the line matching of line 4 against 4 on some teams is rediculous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Keep Kelly with LouI, I mean it's not like he was starting to gel with Soderberg at center or anything. Forget trying something new like keeping Paille on the other wing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

hes a good player unfortunately the two concussions have really set him back right when he seemed to be adjusting to the Bruins system

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Loui Cheekbones is too good a player to be this bad. Sounds weird? Yes, but that's the general assessment here.
    However, the other major asset in the trade (Reilly Smith was the "hidden track") is currently scoring at a point-per-game pace in Dallas, and no one would call Seguin a bust in Texas now. Demoting Smith just because of Loui's résumé does not make any sense to me - but trading the enigmatic Swede for a #2 defenseman does...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgUyDhwDFdU

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Loui Cheekbones is too good a player to be this bad. Sounds weird? Yes, but that's the general assessment here.
    However, the other major asset in the trade (Reilly Smith was the "hidden track") is currently scoring at a point-per-game pace in Dallas, and no one would call Seguin a bust in Texas now. Demoting Smith just because of Loui's résumé does not make any sense to me - but trading the enigmatic Swede for a #2 defenseman does...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgUyDhwDFdU

[/QUOTE]

I've always said this about trades, ANYONE is worth trading depending on the return.  I'm frustated with Loui, but not ready to give up on him yet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think Loui is a gifted offensive player, but CJ's system means players like Loui have to make adjustments to their game.  

It doesn't always work out, or, it takes time to find the new balance. 

The Bs can - and DO - score a lot of goals, but it's a philosophy built on spreading the load.  This is NOT a system for 40+ goal scorers.  Those types may have to settle for 25 - 30 because of the 'defense first' philosophy.  

In short: Loui can go off to Edmonton and put up 80+ points, or he can fit a role in Boston, put up 50+ points and be a key cog in an legit Cup run.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:[QUOTE] I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think Loui is a gifted offensive player, but CJ's system means players like Loui have to make adjustments to their game.  

It doesn't always work out, or, it takes time to find the new balance

The Bs can - and DO - score a lot of goals, but it's a philosophy built on spreading the load.  This is NOT a system for 40+ goal scorers.  Those types may have to settle for 25 - 30 because of the 'defense first' philosophy.  

In short: Loui can go off to Edmonton and put up 80+ points, or he can fit a role in Boston, put up 50+ points and be a key cog in an legit Cup run.[/QUOTE]

And before Chiarelli entertained shipping him out I would want more time for LouI with Soderberg as his center and/or some time riding with Krejci. I don't think Eriksson riding along with Krejci is such a bad idea.

Oh just try it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Very simple  from the start of the yr would any or all of u say we got exactly what we expected or more from loui at this point?

Say it as it is and that's it.  I hope this guy turns it up in the playoffs but I have doubts.  I have much more faith that soderberg can spark it up. I'm talking about key goals

[/QUOTE]

The short answer is no.But 2 bad concussions can tend to stunt productivity,this is just a fact.I'm willing to be a bit more patient, even willing to wait until next year to see how Loui plays out. Plus he has to stay healthy.

Sections
Shortcuts