Eriksson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

Re: Eriksson

I could be wrong here, but he seems like a floater and did before the concussions. Granted I've never seen much of him before he became a B, but I was not impressed with his play from day 1. He plays an emotionless game. You have to think that there would be much more scrutiny if not for the concussion excuse and the emegence of Smith.

If we were going to trade Seguin it should have been for a much more gritty player. This team isn't close (grit wise) to the '11 team.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

He's only got 4 PIM.  FOUR PIM!  

[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with that ?

Did you not know he's always played the game without taking penalty minutes ? Does the patent (tm) only recognize points as good traits ? 

In the past did you complain about Ratelle, Middleton and Bourque as Bruins because of the lack of PIMS?

And nowadays would you prefer that Bergeron spends more time on the ice or would you prefer him in the box taking stupid penalties ?

Eriksson plays a smart game which keeps him out of the box. That's a good thing ..........not a bad thing considering his style.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:

If we were going to trade Seguin it should have been for a much more gritty player. .

[/QUOTE]

Ever hear of Reilly Smith ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

U trade seguin for high talented player . We are going need a game  breaker .

[/QUOTE]

False .

The Bruins successful playoff model has been...... winning as a team with contributions from everyone because of the depth. 

You want game breakers ?

Go watch the unsuccessful teams that have the game breakers and have been knocked out of the playoffs year after year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with that ?

Did you not know he's always played the game without taking penalty minutes ? Does the patent (tm) only recognize points as good traits ? 

In the past did you complain about Ratelle, Middleton and Bourque as Bruins because of the lack of PIMS?

And nowadays would you prefer that Bergeron spends more time on the ice or would you prefer him in the box taking stupid penalties ?

Eriksson plays a smart game which keeps him out of the box. That's a good thing ..........not a bad thing considering his style.

[/QUOTE]

Spot on!

Add guys like Oates, Bucyk, McNab as well.

B's fans have been spoiled to have guys like Neely, Lucic and O'Reilly.  Not every team has guys like that.  Not every player plays like that.

Very glad the B's have Eriksson and expect this noise to quiet down once he gets some more time under his belt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Spot on!

Add guys like Oates, Bucyk, McNab as well.

B's fans have been spoiled to have guys like Neely, Lucic and O'Reilly.  Not every team has guys like that.  Not every player plays like that.

Very glad the B's have Eriksson and expect this noise to quiet down once he gets some more time under his belt.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for adding to the list..........and I'm sure there are more .

The Bruins didn't acquire Eriksson expecting he would change the way he plays. They acquired him for the way he already played. 

It is what it is and they liked it.....and what's wrong with that ? Nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with that ?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right.  And the patent (tm) only works for prospect players I haven't seen.

And I was kidding around about the PIM.

But where I'm serious is that I'm frustrated with his play.  He has skills, he backchecks.  

I see this guy as being very close to Bergeron as his potential, if not about equal to Bergeron.  

Or whatever his potential is, I want to see it because I'm not seeing it now - only glimpses here and there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruin4evr. Show bruin4evr's posts

It may have been said on here before, but most player's that are coming back from a concussion (loui -2) take a half or full season to get back to where they were. Loui was really coming on when he had his first hit. Give him time he will come around (play off time) and then look at these quotes. I remember a lot of people wanting Bergeron gone for awhile after his concussion. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Berg concussion lot more severe. 

[/QUOTE]

Bergeron didn't have his 6 wks apart though either. Bottom line you get the idea.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i had hoped to see improvement as Eriksson played more games, but, it isn't there. He is a "soft" player in all areas and has failed to demonstrate consistent skill and commitment

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i had hoped to see improvement as Eriksson played more games, but, it isn't there. He is a "soft" player in all areas and has failed to demonstrate consistent skill and commitment

[/QUOTE]

Get Claude on it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Exception last game (which everyone stunk out the joint), Loui played quite well especially with Paille and Soderberg at center.  Claude went away from that trio for the Montreal game sensing they were up against a better opponent, and he may not trust Soderberg at center for Dzone responsibilites versus better teams?? All specualtion, of course--but we did see a similar pattern when Seguin was put at center.     Concussions or not---having Kelly as your center does not help your point production.  There is nothing dynamic in Kelly's game whatsoever.  In order to maximize the value of Loui's skill set, they are going to have to put em with either Bergeron or DK.  Bottom line, the disappointment in Loui will continue as long as Chris Kelly is his center.    

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:[QUOTE]

Loui wasn't a throw-in in the Seguin deal....  PC knew what he was acquiring was a very good two-way player who proved his worth in Dallas....

Loui wasn't expected to come in and start playing a physical game because that wasn't what he was known for....

to disregard his learning a new system and two concussions as reasons for his slow start as a Bruin isn't fair....

of course Seguin's season provides fuel for the disappointment in Eriksson, but i think PC, and most on here, expected Tyler to do exactly that....

we haven't seen the real Loui yet but i think we'll witness it soon and that we'll like what we see....[/QUOTE]

Really good post!

Swell too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nonsense and total BS. 

He takes hits to make plays, stations himself in front of the net..........and battles hard for the puck along the boards. 

That doesn't equate to "soft in all areas".

Blame Claude for Eriksson's play. It would make as much sense as what you posted.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Get Claude on it!

[/QUOTE]

Don't get him started !

Some things need to be left dormant because of the ridiculousness of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And the patent (tm) only works for prospect players I haven't seen.

[/QUOTE]

Translation ^^^^^^^^^ :

Everyone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

[QUOTE]

If we were going to trade Seguin it should have been for a much more gritty player. .

[/QUOTE]

Ever hear of Reilly Smith ?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, where's the grit from him? He never throws a hit with purpose and never enters a scrum.

He's a good player and the only positive from the Seguin trade, but I doubt he causes much fear with his physical presense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

This has to be the dumbest & most ridiculous post I ever seen you type! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

I once again see more floatation by Eriksson. No emotion on the disallowed goal. This guy is difficult to watch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

[QUOTE]

I once again see more floatation by Eriksson. No emotion on the disallowed goal. This guy is difficult to watch.

[/QUOTE]

W-T-F are you watching!?

Did you see the Hamilton goal? Were you watching?

WTH are you looking for!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Loui's November stats: 11 points in 14 games.  FWIW, he was par for the course before the 2nd concussion.

He has 3 pts in his last 5, after a long drought since returning.  

As long as we're winning, let's see where it goes.  This ain't the Dallas he came from; it's a CJ system.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Loui's November stats: 11 points in 14 games.  FWIW, he was par for the course before the 2nd concussion.

He has 3 pts in his last 5, after a long drought since returning.  

As long as we're winning, let's see where it goes.  This ain't the Dallas he came from; it's a CJ system.

[/QUOTE]

What in the world has gotten into ipot? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought he was pretty good today.  I would give him a B- on his game, I want to see him bring his 'A' game.

Sections
Shortcuts