Eriksson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

Re: Eriksson

He wasn't "quite" as bad, but he's still a floater avoiding the "dirty areas".

I just don't like the guy and fail to see what Chiarellis infatuation was with him. Chiarellis always saying we need "tough-to-play-against" players. This guy is as far from that as you can get.

He also looks like he's a victim of Bruce Jenners plastic surgeon. The surgeon also removed all the emotion from him while he was at it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

I think Eriksson is out of position on the rightside. He just does not look comfortable coming out of the zone,up ice. Weather he,s gun shy, or not really adapt at recieving the puck on RW. After spending most of his career as a LW he always seems to be looking back for it or fishing for it, backed up on the boards ready to pass. How often have you notice him breaking into the O zone in full gallop ready to deal? Dont get me wrong I like his game, he just seems to be working to hard at it.With the leftside being full I know this wouldnt be easy to find a spot, but I would love to see him get a try on LW & see if the game comes easier for him. Maybe the olympics will be a chance to see, he,s going to be a important B come playoff time, we have to have him at the top of his game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Isn't the square yard of space above the crease one of the so-called "dirty areas?"  Eriksson's there all the time.  The disallowed goal yesterday was a result of him going there with intention.  Most of his goals this year have come from him battling for real estate in front of the net.

I've got zero problem with Eriksson.  He's not firing on all cylinders, but he's developing a bit of chemistry with Soderberg and the points are starting to come.  The main complaint against him seems to be that he's not Seguin, except where it's that he's too much like Seguin in not playing a physical game. 

He will get better.  Unlike a Steve Heinze or Ted Donato or Steve Leach, who seemed to get the best results their talent would allow, it's clear watching Eriksson that he's not fully in synch, that he's doing good things all over the ice but they aren't paying off fully.  That will come if he keeps finding open space, making smart possession plays, and going to the net the way he does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, and the to the point about Reilly Smith's grit - he's fearless near the net, often trying the power move to come from behind the goal line into the slot.  He's not bad on the boards - a good compliment to the cycle game Bergeron and Marchand have gotten so good at - and helps that line keep possession down low.  He's not a banger, he's a defensive pest and an offensive player with a few good power moves to make good plays in the "dirty areas."  I'm fine with that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

I have complete and total faith in Ericksson. lets talk again in April 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Isn't the square yard of space above the crease one of the so-called "dirty areas?"  Eriksson's there all the time.  The disallowed goal yesterday was a result of him going there with intention.  Most of his goals this year have come from him battling for real estate in front of the net.

I've got zero problem with Eriksson.  He's not firing on all cylinders, but he's developing a bit of chemistry with Soderberg and the points are starting to come.  The main complaint against him seems to be that he's not Seguin, except where it's that he's too much like Seguin in not playing a physical game. 

He will get better.  Unlike a Steve Heinze or Ted Donato or Steve Leach, who seemed to get the best results their talent would allow, it's clear watching Eriksson that he's not fully in synch, that he's doing good things all over the ice but they aren't paying off fully.  That will come if he keeps finding open space, making smart possession plays, and going to the net the way he does.

[/QUOTE]

It could be argued that the disallowed goal was a result of him not wanting to look down long enough to put his stick on the puck for fear of getting hit. The guy absolutely fears contact and that's not a good thing.

The guy has been a huge, huge disappointment and he should give half of every paycheck to Reilly Smith for being the saving grace in the Seguin trade because otherwise he would have been run out of town by now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly BB & for someone to call him "soft" is just way over the top! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:[QUOTE]

I have complete and total faith in Ericksson. lets talk again in April [/QUOTE]

To good not too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we were going to trade Seguin it should have been for a much more gritty player. .

[/QUOTE]

Ever hear of Reilly Smith ?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, where's the grit from him? He never throws a hit with purpose and never enters a scrum.

[/QUOTE]

Incredibly stupid !

Word for word this has to be one of the worst descriptions of Reilly Smith. 

His game is based on being fearless, grit, hustle etc..............he is a heart and soul type of player. 

If you can't see this with Smith you have no business talking about hockey.

It is the obvious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Just when you go post something stupid about Smith .........you best yourself on the stupidity level with this ^^^^^^^^^. 

Like BB says...........ever look at the patch of ice in front of the net ? That's where he has scored a lot of his career goals ? 

He is known for that. 

Going to the dirty areas is not a problem in this player's game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Just when you go post something stupid about Smith .........you best yourself on the stupidity level with this ^^^^^^^^^. 

Like BB says...........ever look at the patch of ice in front of the net ? That's where he has scored a lot of his career goals ? 

He is known for that. 

Going to the dirty areas is not a problem in this player's game.

I bet a dime to a dollar that this "uncle salty" is a Marco alias! I put him on ignore after I read 5 of his post. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

If we were going to trade Seguin ....

[/QUOTE]

This is the whole discussion in a nutshell.  If the Bruins had acquired Eriksson as a UFA for $4.25/yr, people might still question whether or not he's physical enough, but they probably wouldn't have much to say about his production.  Those who are bedazzled with Sequins need Loui to fail so they can say "see!  see!"  Any suggestion that it's too early to judge him is merely an "excuse" and the fact that Taylor Sequins is ripping it up in Dallas is proof that it doesn't take this long for a good player to adjust to a new team.  This argument is about as subtle as using a sledgehammer to operate an iPhone.

You see a less Seguin infested version of this even in comments like BadHab's or even Mr. Hultot's.  The air of "gotta win the trade" has become a bad fug that clouds around every discussion of Eriksson as a player. 

You know who this is reminding me of a bit?  Ryder.  And it's actually a pretty useful comparison since Ryder - aka Glyder for his perceived lack of physical play, grit, emotional engagement etc. - scored 18 in back to back years in Boston before heading to Eriksson's Stars and mashing 35, and then posting a 29 goal pace last year over 46 games.  Invert that and assume that the system, style of play etc., and you have Eriksson. A 30 goal scorer in Dallas who plays on the third line with the Bruins probably averages out at under 20 goals.  The other example is Jagr...but the less said about him the better.  Suffice to say he was a reasonable offensive threat in Dallas and he's scoring well for the Devils, but in Boston he couldn't score a goal in the playoffs.

The Bruins have 28 games left.  If Eriksson plays them all, he'll end the year with 62 games played.  If he matches the pace of the 21 game stretch that led up to his second concussion, he'll finish with 37 points and 13 goals - a 17 goal, 49 point campaign if he hadn't missed time due to concussions.  On the 2011 team, that would have been good for 5th in scoring behind only Bergeron, Horton, Krejci and Lucic.

I don't expect Eriksson to have fewer than 20 goals next year.  I don't expect him to have fewer than 55 points.  I also won't be running out to by an Eriksson jersey because he's an interesting player to watch but not one who gets you out of your seat.  But so what?  They can win with what he brings to the table, and I honestly think he'll get better the longer he's in Boston.  No doubt the pairing with Soderberg seems to be taking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to bruin4evr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It may have been said on here before, but most player's that are coming back from a concussion (loui -2) take a half or full season to get back to where they were. Loui was really coming on when he had his first hit. Give him time he will come around (play off time) and then look at these quotes. I remember a lot of people wanting Bergeron gone for awhile after his concussion. 

[/QUOTE]

I had to think about this one, but yes, there was a lobby - maybe some version of Rusty - who said they should trade him because he'll never be what he was again and he's one awkward fall from sitting in the dark with Savard.

Sadly, there are still a few who spout this from time to time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, living in Denver I have heard a lot of delusional things in the past 24 hours.  But then I come here and see someone complaining about Reilly Smith...

I hate those unknown rookies who show up as the proverbial free flash light with your new checking account, and then go on to lead the team in goal scoring for the season...what a bum...not enough devastating hits for me...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I bet a dime to a dollar that this "uncle salty" is a Marco alias! I put him on ignore after I read 5 of his post. 

[/QUOTE]

No.  Uncle Salty can spell and isn't madly in love with Kessel and Seguin.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, living in Denver I have heard a lot of delusional things in the past 24 hours.  But then I come here and see someone complaining about Reilly Smith...

I hate those unknown rookies who show up as the proverbial free flash light with your new checking account, and then go on to lead the team in goal scoring for the season...what a bum...not enough devastating hits for me...

[/QUOTE]

LOL! 

Like the one where I said that the Av's will be a dangerous team in the play-offs; that they'll make some noise in the West by eliminating one of the big 5? I think that "chicken neck, twitching bastar d behind the bench will be a huge motivator for that team & they will surprise! Can't stand Roy, but right now he's my Jack Adams favourite. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Uncle Salty is Neel66/stanjon/cactustony etc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No.  Uncle Salty can spell and isn't madly in love with Kessel and Seguin.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this give it away for me as well. Salty isn't Marco.Maybe Rusty but not Marco.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow, living in Denver I have heard a lot of delusional things in the past 24 hours.  

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'll bet....  This will keep me amused for a while.  (Not that I care about Seattle in any way...though I do enjoy watching Richard Sherman play).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Wow, living in Denver I have heard a lot of delusional things in the past 24 hours.  

[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'll bet....  This will keep me amused for a while.  (Not that I care about Seattle in any way...though I do enjoy watching Richard Sherman play).

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, apparently when you build your quarterback back up to a God-like status (PFM baby!), the fall back down to Earth is pretty excruciating.  I feel like I've been driving past a 5-car accident for the past 12 hours and I'm still craning my neck to watch with some twisted amusement...

Should probably keep my mouth shut today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uncle Salty is Neel66/stanjon/cactustony etc.

[/QUOTE]

OK..Well I have all of them doe heads on ignore, they all talk continueously stupid, so much so they'd all probably try to study for a bloodtest! So, it's hard to keep track. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, apparently when you build your quarterback back up to a God-like status (PFM baby!), the fall back down to Earth is pretty excruciating.  I feel like I've been driving past a 5-car accident for the past 12 hours and I'm still craning my neck to watch with some twisted amusement...

Should probably keep my mouth shut today.

[/QUOTE]

See I was trying to stay away from this Fletch & tried to talk about something positive. Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

See I was trying to stay away from this Fletch & tried to talk about something positive. Laughing

[/QUOTE]

I know, I know...I like the Avs, but not the 'Donkos' so much.  Last night was fine by me.

BTW, I think they are a fun dynamic team to watch, but I can't see them going far in the playoffs at all.  The backend is still very weak.  I think they'll have weakest 6 D-men of any team in the playoffs.

Who knows though?  A lot of rumors about trading Stastny for a good d-man...

How 'bout the Beanpot!?  Go Huskies!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My patience has run out with him.  My frustration has peaked.  He looks like either the world's best worst player or the worst best player.  I can see the appeal of him and very natural for PC to think he would thrive outside of a bad team.

He obviously has a ton of talent, but he just doesn't seem motivated.

Fraser and Morrow are good looking prospects as far as I'm concerned.  Rielly Smith is certainly an improvement over Peverly and Loui should be an improvement over Seguin.

[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid that we might have another Kevin Stephens on our hands.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE]

Uncle Salty is Neel66/stanjon/cactustony etc.[/QUOTE]

OK..Well I have all of them doe heads on ignore, they all talk continueously stupid, so much so they'd all probably try to study for a bloodtest! So, it's hard to keep track. [/QUOTE]

It's easier that way. Maybe they are Scotty Laughlin Innocent

'Donkos'

That is awesome Fletch! Wonder if MaryJane sales are up today ?