Erskine and Knuble to play Thursday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Erskine and Knuble to play Thursday

Knuble oviously replacing Backstrom... not sure who's spot Erskine is taking. Makes them a little bit tougher. Guessing Erskines addition has something to do with the fact that Backstrom likes to start/get involved with scrums and the Bruins are "head hunting" him as proclaimed by Dirty Dale in Washington.

Obviously players will get dinged up in a scrums, either he thinks Backstrom is ahead of the game or he just said it to get his team going i guess.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Erskine and Knuble to play Thursday

Erskine in the playoffs: Advantage B's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Erskine and Knuble to play Thursday:
    [QUOTE]Erskine in the playoffs: Advantage B's.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

He'll be chasing Lucic around all day.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Knuble is even slower than Foreskin...er, I mean Erskine. The B's are in a good position to take control of this series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Knuble is even slower than Foreskin...er, I mean Erskine. The B's are in a good position to take control of this series.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    Finally someone for Thornton to fight. If Lucic ends up doing it there's something wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Remember Dez that Lucic and Erskine have a history. You are right in that it is Thornton that should do the fisticuffs but I think the Caps brought Erskine in specifically to stop Lucic from intimidating basically the whole Wash team...lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Remember Dez that Lucic and Erskine have a history. You are right in that it is Thornton that should do the fisticuffs but I think the Caps brought Erskine in specifically to stop Lucic from intimidating basically the whole Wash team...lol.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    I know and that's why ST needs to make sure it doesn't happen. That's a terrible trde off for Boston if Lucic does it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out tomorrow. And if the refs continue to be whistle-happy, like they have been tonight, then putting Erskine in may indeed be a fatal mistake for Hunter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I thought Erskine was going to decapitate Asham earlier in the year, Lucic should stay away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

They have any number of bums playing sub-Thornton minutes. Erskine is a good fighter but I don't see him making much of a difference. Maybe he'll have a scrap with Thornton and that'll be the end of it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Seems like Hunter wants to increase the rough and dirty play, which is consistent. Now, I'd really like to see Caron replace thornton, could make the 4th line a scoring unit with more net front presence for both Paille and Campbell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Erskine and Knuble to play Thursday:[QUOTE] Erskine in the playoffs: Advantage B's. Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

Erskine in Schultz out Yawn!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Maybe they'll pull a Penguin and go nuts and loose bad, can't see any other outcome to the Caps lineup and chatter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I faintly recall that in Lucic's rookie year, Erskine was the fist guy to beat him decisively in a fight.  No matter, that guy is for Thornton.  I don't doubt that Erskine will be calling on Lucic and looking for him -- it makes all the sense in the world for the Caps.  Thornton needs to be his dance partner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

something about knuble makes me nervous, he always seems to play well vs. the b's. i hope lucic doesn't take the bait, nor the rest of them for that matter. staying out of the box is the key to winning this series. lucic was responsible for 4 of the 7 boston penalties last game. they've got to play more disciplined tonight. the best 5v5 team in the league needs to play 5v5. not responding to their tactics will frustrate them just as it did pitt game before last. if someone wants to drop em', oblige. if they're doing stupid stuff to draw penalties, don't take the bait... smile, wink and point to the scoreboard. i would even suggest a "crying gesture" to get under their skin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

No doubt that Erskine tries to draw Lucic into something, he would be foolish not to.  Advantage Caps if he succeeds. 

That said, B's should feel pretty good about Hunter trying to get Erskine on the ice against Lucic's line (Bergeron/Peverley?).  Advantage B's the more that match-up is out there.

My sense is that Lucic declines Erskine's invitation, much the same way Erskine will decline Thornton's.  It will be interesting to watch tonight.

Go B's!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Exactly Crowls. Schultz may have been having a weak post-season but he was a +56 just a couple of years ago so he is no slouch. To have Erskine replace him is a plus and even more so if he is forced to play many more minutes than his 12min average in the regular season. There is a reason John only played in 20ish ganes this year and it is not because he is too skilled to play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]The phony suspension on Backstrom because of a suck ref call may awaken the Hockey Gods. If the Caps beat the B's and their refs tomorrow then watch out as Backstrom will be back and he can score on the Grand Wizard.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

You know nothing about Gods! Or Saints, Apostles, Angels and Lords.

No doubt you know about Wizards, Warlocks, Satans, Devils and Demons. They enjoy residence in your head.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]No doubt that Erskine tries to draw Lucic into something, he would be foolish not to.  Advantage Caps if he succeeds.  That said, B's should feel pretty good about Hunter trying to get Erskine on the ice against Lucic's line (Bergeron/Peverley?).  Advantage B's the more that match-up is out there. My sense is that Lucic declines Erskine's invitation, much the same way Erskine will decline Thornton's.  It will be interesting to watch tonight. Go B's!!!
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

and tomorrow we'll have Lucic thread started complaining that Lucic cannot pick his fights bla bla bla... typical, I'm sure a certaon troll will be all over it .

Tonight the Caps have the last change and I can see how a coward like Dale Hunter will send out Erskine . I wonder if he teams him up with Alzner.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

looch-krejci-thornton

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]looch-krejci-thornton
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

I'd stick Campbell in the middle. No one would dare mess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

imagine a starting lineup of lucic, campbell, thornton, chara, mcquaid(hopefully back soon)! OUCH, it makes me laugh just think about it. talk about murderers row! all in their legitimate positions! imagine how fast they would skate to campbell! still laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think you can swap Ference, Seidenberg, or Boychuck for Quader and still be pretty damn intimidating.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you aint joking. which leads me to believe all that jabber coming from wash is nothing but false bravado. i have a feeling they are going to initiate a lot of scrums to bait the b's into penalties, but not actually drop them. we'll see tonight! GO B'S