ESPNboston midterm grades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: ESPNboston midterm grades

In Response to ESPNboston midterm grades:
    [QUOTE]Good article to discuss: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/columns/story?columnist=murphy_james&id=6015696 Any grades you disagree with? I think Ryder with a C is a little harsh. I feel like he is our whipping boy. He has played well in spurts and basically has been our only scoring threat on the PP. Boychuk: B is a little higher grade than I would have given him. At times, he has been struggled this year and has NOT provided anything on the offensive side.
    Posted by mjhernon[/QUOTE]
    Not that I think Ryder has been great but he's been better than a C......Recchi as an A  player is too high and a B for Paille is ridiculous(he's had a game or two in which he was a B-not the half season).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tman0325. Show tman0325's posts

Recchi deserves his "A" for what he brings compared to what is expected.  If you expected 40 goals than you are out of touch.  If he gives you 15-20 with his leadership than that is an "A".  you do not need to score 30-40 to get an "A". 

Also remember people thisis the winding down of Savard's training camp, he will be full stride by the playoffs.

As for Savard if PC let him walk for the same money he signed for you would be hammering PC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Since when does ESPN cover hockey?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: ESPNboston midterm grades:
    [QUOTE]Since when does ESPN cover hockey?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Lol thats what I was thinking..... BTW Farves sister arrested for manufacting Meth. Dont expect much more hockey coverage on ESPN when they have that to talk about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

I'm a die hard B's fan from Canada....TSN has better coverage of the B's than ESPN.  BoB Mckenzie is the hockey "swami" in these parts.  When Bob gives an opinion people listen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Wow must say after reading that, that it was pretty good. I completely agree with most of the points. C's for Horton/Ryder seem a bit harsh and I bet if this was written when they were at a peak rather than in a valley production wise their grades would've been higher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjhernon. Show mjhernon's posts

I respect Bob's opinions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Some of the grades are good, some are harsh and some are a little high.   Seems that the grades are based on the player expectations, not the pure numbers.     So two forwards with the same stats could get different grades based on what is expected of them.    I think that is probably a good way to grade players.   

Horten is expected to be a 70 point player and is not playing like it, so a C.   Recchi was expected to play a leadership role, not a scoring role and he's probably a strong voice in the locker room, hence Recchi getting an A.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Since when does ESPN cover hockey?
    Exactly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think i deserve a "A"  for all of my meaningful insight regarding the boston bruins, but i think it was expected, so i'll probably end up with a "B"-

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]i think i deserve a "A"  for all of my meaningful insight regarding the boston bruins, but i think it was expected, so i'll probably end up with a "B"-
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Sorry under 100 Posts you arent even draft eligible yet around here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Paille gets a B...Whaat?  and Ference should have a B+ as should wheeler

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I know what NAS isn't going to like about that...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I know what NAS isn't going to like about that...
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Haha dont say anything bad about him shhh. Best stay at home  dman in the league right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I wouldn't give Wheeler a B+, considering he has only showed up for about 15 games this year.

What did they give Chara?  If its anything higher than a C, its being generous.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to ESPNboston midterm grades:
    [QUOTE]Good article to discuss: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/columns/story?columnist=murphy_james&id=6015696 Any grades you disagree with? I think Ryder with a C is a little harsh. I feel like he is our whipping boy. He has played well in spurts and basically has been our only scoring threat on the PP. Boychuk: B is a little higher grade than I would have given him. At times, he has been struggled this year and has NOT provided anything on the offensive side.
    Posted by mjhernon[/QUOTE]

If evaluating hockey ESPN along with SI are simply covering for the purposes of placating either Canadian audiences or hockey enthusists in areas of the United States.  Going past those thoughts, I would agree Ryder has been better this year, yet he remains the poster child for the Bs inconsistency.  Kampfer and Paille have not played long enough to really evaluate but the grades are appropriate.  Recchi's evaluation is too high, his skating is poor thank goodness he is still skilled at checking, net crashing and position play if one excuses his inability to get in the positon to pass.  The scores for Thomas, Bergeron, and Chara are spot on.  Boychuck deserves a C.  He along with Stuart and Seidenberg have given the Bs the inconsistent outlet passes in the defensive zone all Cs.  In other words not swift skating.  Lastly, A+ Marchand has exceded all expectations.  Bergeron and Marchand are shaping up to be a pair who can create absolute havoc in the offensive zone.  Seguin's evaluation is correct. 

On a side note:  A swift skating defenseman with the ability to pass (PMD) is still needed on the team.  A forward has to emerge as a player who can score goals with a quick release (may I use the word sniper?) or the Bs will be search mode this summer.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't give Wheeler a B+, considering he has only showed up for about 15 games this year. What did they give Chara?  If its anything higher than a C, its being generous.

A- IMO he was in the B to A- range. Plays tons of minutes, allstar, shuts down other teams top forwards every night. Ask ovechkin how much he loves playing against Chara.

drawbacks are his passing and shooting arent as good this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPNboston midterm grades : Haha dont say anything bad about him shhh. Best stay at home  dman in the league right?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Lol, that wasn't it...I'll give you two clues: he plays on our fourth line and his last name starts with Thorn.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One writers opinion they don't happen to be mine. Doug Flynn and Matt Kalman happen to be two bloggers I happen to respect when it comes the Bruins but again it's an opinion based question.

When it comes to overall NHL hockey coverage Mckenzie and Pierre Lebrun are my go to guys I respect that if it comes out of their mouths it's not made up like Hags and Murphy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I don't mean this is as a criticism of America, so please don't take it that way, but some of the "hockey coverage" down here is absolutely abysmal. If people were to watch only that, they would have a seriously warped opinion of the game...

Example: Following the Olympics, Pittsburgh (Crosby, who scored the winner) was playing Buffalo (Miller, who let in the winner) and the debate on ESPN, between Melrose and some other hack, was whether it was right for Buffalo to sit Miller (for a game in February) because they were playing Pittsburgh. Ignoring the fact that Miller had just played every game during an intense tournament for the past two weeks, and that forward is different from goalie, the panel concluded Ruff was shielding Miller from having to face Crosby and that Miller MUST start the game because it was must-win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

[QUOTE]I don't mean this is as a criticism of America, so please don't take it that way, but some of the "hockey coverage" down here is absolutely abysmal. If people were to watch only that, they would have a seriously warped opinion of the game... Example: Following the Olympics, Pittsburgh (Crosby, who scored the winner) was playing Buffalo (Miller, who let in the winner) and the debate on ESPN, between Melrose and some other hack, was whether it was right for Buffalo to sit Miller (for a game in February) because they were playing Pittsburgh. Ignoring the fact that Miller had just played every game during an intense tournament for the past two weeks, and that forward is different from goalie, the panel concluded Ruff was shielding Miller from having to face Crosby and that Miller MUST start the game because it was must-win.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    You aren't being critical of America at all.  The hockey coverage for the most part stinks here.  I will def give you that.  And we have our fair amount of fair weather fans

Sections
Shortcuts