European hockey on ESPN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

European hockey on ESPN

So did anyone watch the game between.......Ahhhh I dont know....Chara vs Ovechin.... European hockey or at least that game was so boring. I think I started doing chores around the house with it on in the back ground.

I have to wonder if Ovechkin has any friends on the team. He scored his goal and celebrated with the usual enthusiasm he usually celebrates with, only to have his teammates look like they could care less.

So apparently ESPN will broadcast some more games from europe. I dont think I will be tuning in. Just didnt do it for me. Honestly the only hockey watching that satisfies me, is when I watch the B's. I rarely watch any other games, even with the NHL package. Just the B's. So for me its either the B's or no hockey for me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: European hockey on ESPN

From what I've seen so far from the KHL, and granted it's only been one game, not that impressed. I wonder what it's like without the NHL players there, I''m gussing it's a step below the AHL.

But Like I said, only one game, if someone from Europe tuned in and saw a Panthers-Blue Jackets match as their first NHL game they might not be impressed as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Answered on another thread . Found it very boring 1-0 game.  More clutch and grab than the NHL.

Watched the whole game and put my comments here:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/more-espn-comedy-khl-/100/6392859

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Been getting into college Hockey. UMass hockey isn't the best, but plan on going to a bunch of games. Would rather not watch the KHL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Answered on another thread . Found it very boring 1-0 game.  More clutch and grab than the NHL.

Watched the whole game and put my comments here:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/more-espn-comedy-khl-/100/6392859

Cool. Sorry I missed your post on this topic. I must have over looked it, or was looking for a different read of title. Anyway, so far the consensus is the same about watching european hockey. It definitely looked a bit slower than the NHL and similar to the NHL allstar game. The announcers did mention there wouldnt be as much hitting and shot blocking like you see in the NHL. So I was made fully aware of what to expect. I was expecting a little more excitement from watching it, but the excitement lasted the first period, if that. Like I said before. Its the Bruins for me and nothing else.

Sections
Shortcuts