Even if

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Even if

The Bs come back in some miracle form and win this game, there done after one round of playoffs, the goaltending is absolutly terrible and even the almight TT can bounce back and save the team > No wonder Stan left the forums. PC did a beautiful job with this team but he blew it with rolston and turco so that takes away the good hes done, Better off putting in hutchinson and get him some experience and a couple of others from providence.  I know theres no depth, its really showing now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Even if

Not a very good post.  Tonight's game has nothing to do with the playoffs and PC obtained players who were available without breaking up the nucleus of the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Now that hindsight is with us it is obvious that PC obtained players this season that were at best a joke,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Wally, why so glum?  It's only 5-0!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Name me one other player that actually moved at the deadline that would've made a huge difference....and what exactly PC didn't do to land that player.

Stuff like this just drives me mad. It's so ill-informed and juvenile. You realize that there are other GMs on the other end of the phone, right? And that these magical free agents that would have made Boston instantly better would not have come here without giving anything up.

What a joke of a post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Even if:
    [QUOTE]Name me one other player that actually moved at the deadline that would've made a huge difference....and what exactly PC didn't do to land that player. Stuff like this just drives me mad. It's so ill-informed and juvenile. You realize that there are other GMs on the other end of the phone, right? And that these magical free agents that would have made Boston instantly better would not have come here without giving anything up. What a joke of a post.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Great post Asma.

The OP mentions that PC "blew it". What exactly did he blow? The opportunity to trade a 1st for Paul Guastad?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

6-1...my bad

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'll take a tired team defending the Stanley Cup... over a fresh team hoping to finally win it all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Now that hindsight is with us it is obvious that PC obtained players this season that were at best a joke,
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]
    Lots of people said the exact same thing about Kelly and Peverley last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklinFlyers14. Show FranklinFlyers14's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Even if : Lots of people said the exact same thing about Kelly and Peverley last year.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Except when Kelly and Peverly came in the Bruins were a team who cared, going on a 7-0-0 road trip.

If they continue to play this poorly their only hope of a first round victory is if they are matched up against the Devils, and that's based purely on their 4-0-0 record against the Devils this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

...I actually have the Devils in the ECF. Soooooo. Yaaaaaaa. That.

I have faith. They obviously need to get healthy, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that they will give maximum effort.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

well, i won't say there aren't many doubts in my mind, but I am starting to think I was wrong about Caron (a little success is doing him good!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Even if:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Even if : Except when Kelly and Peverly came in the Bruins were a team who cared, going on a 7-0-0 road trip. Posted by FranklinFlyers14[/QUOTE]

You forgot Horton and McQuaid. Regular season matchup records are thrown out the window when the 2nd season starts as they mean nothing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]well, i won't say there aren't many doubts in my mind, but I am starting to think I was wrong about Caron (a little success is doing him good!)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

He continues to impress lately.  One of the very few bright spots on a team that's gone dim.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

I`m not sure
    Question: who is better ?
    Turco: 4g on 12s or
    Thomas: 2g on 5s

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I`m not shure Question: which is the best ? Turco: 4g on 12s or Thomas: 2g on 5s
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]
    English on this site please.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The team has slumped since Jan 1, what have they done to rectify it ? Yes i know its not playoffs but this is not a playoff team that will get by round one. I know the injuries take its toll bit defensivle to goaltending has been mediocre at best. Yes im frustrated, maybe i need to pull a stan here lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

i dont understand Whitfield for MacDermaid.  Seems like an odd change of call ups to me and thought MacDermaid was doing as expected.

We know what Whitfield can or cant provide at this stage of his career.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand Whitfield for MacDermaid.  Seems like an odd change of call ups to me and I thought MacDermaid was doing as expected. We know what Whitfield can or can't provide at this stage of his career.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE]
    Maybe it was a statement from Julien.
    "You guys stink so much you deserve to be on the same team as Whitfield!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It does seem as though both Claude and PC have made mistakes, but, don't forget that this year's record is very close[ 2 games] to last year, at this same time. The injuries have hurt, no question, but some of the management decisions have not been very good. Turco was and is a gamble, but obviously Claude did not want to depend on Hutchinson. Rolston quickly played his way down to the 3rd line, while Caron , who was jerked around for most of the season, is now showing how good he can be with Bergeron. Don't dismiss the side benefit of Seguin playing with Kreji/Looch. Zanon is what he is, safe and stay at home, and Corvo is what he is, defensively misplaced. Why Whitfield to replace McDermid is another of Claude's questionable decisions. Correction is not just for the players, Claude needs to be more creative, decisive, and willing to use his Providence assets effectively.

Sections
Shortcuts