Even though they won, it was still fixed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Even though they won, it was still fixed.

In spite of the league doing all it could to help the Caps, the B's still won. It is unbelievable how many missed calls there were against the Caps. True, there should have been a couple for the Bruins, as is usually the case, but this is ridiculous. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Even though they won, it was still fixed.

Perry, Perry, Perry. The only reason it's going to game 7 is because of the Bruins.

They could have ended it long ago. They prefer the dramatic. However, it will not always work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I need the points in the playoff pool. I am way behind.

But how do you explain the non-call on the too many men. It gets whistled down because of it, but no penalty. Greg Millen kept at it for a bit, but obviously knew he had better shut up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

We've seen this show before, looks alot like last year...For every missed call on the Bruins theres one on the Caps, happens in every game. Nobody is fixing the games so the Caps or Bruins win.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Agree on the poor officiating.  It's been decidely one way the entire series.  Chincy calls on the Bs, no calls on Washington.

I haven't seen a team clutch and grab or interfere so blatantly in a series so obviously like this and get away with it since series the B's used to have with the Canadiens in the 1980s.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

It's more an NHL wide thing, they usually put the whistles away in playoffs, mainly call infractions on scoring/impact plays.  This year they are calling things like the bergy hook or kelly's "holding the stick" behind the net. 

The league should start punishing these teams who cry and lobby through the media and to the league, instead of giving them more calls to apease them.  That too many men take away call was insane, they had 7 guys on the ice and blew it dead!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

I am still waiting for an explanation on why that was not called.  7 guys on the ice WITH possesion of the puck.  Whistle stops the play because of it--- no call???????????????

These refs need to held accountable for their actions or lack there of!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Even though they won, it was still fixed.:
    [QUOTE]I am still waiting for an explanation on why that was not called.  7 guys on the ice WITH possesion of the puck.  Whistle stops the play because of it--- no call??????????????? These refs need to held accountable for their actions or lack there of!
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

That was a horrible horrible non-call.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

NBC announcers called out Hunter & Co for lobbying the refs on what they believe was non-calls on Boston players... CJ would not sink to that level (but maybe he needs to in order to level the playing field. I'd hate to lose a Game 7 to the refs.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

Hunter also called the refs out for the B's cheating on face-offs.  I saw B's getting kicked out of face-offs for NO reason today.  I guess they didn't have their stick down in the right spot?

As for the calls/missed calls.  The last 2 games have been horrible.  Typical non-calls on non-scoring plays have gone against the B's and cost them PP goals by the Caps.  Interference non-calls and other non-called infractions have cost the Bruins goals.  Semin interference cross-check to Zanon before he scores in game 5.  Either game 5 (slashing) or game 6 call (roughing) on Pouliot.  BS.  Look at Carlson holding Kelly's stick wtih 28 seconds left in game 5 and he couldn't get the stick down to go for the rebound...but they call Kelly for holding the stick in game 6, barely holding Ward's stick.  Even Chimera interfering with Marchand was questionable.  I'm not saying it should have been called, but all of these non-calls/calls have gone against Boston.

As far as too many men, I have NO idea why the #*()@# that was not called.

"If in the course of making a substitution, either the player entering the game or the player  retiring from the ice surface plays the puck with his stick, skates or hands or who checks or makes any physical contact with an opposing player while either the player entering the game or the retiring player is actually on the ice, then the infraction of “too many men on the ice” will be called."

Rule 74.1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It goes both ways, it all evens out in the end. Us bruins fans are upset becasue of the too many men non call- Washington fans are upset Bergeron was not called for interference on the Krejci goal. Can't stand it when people blame the refs, coaches and players make 10 times more mistakes than the refs do during the course of a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]It goes both ways, it all evens out in the end. Us bruins fans are upset becasue of the too many men non call- Washington fans are upset Bergeron was not called for interference on the Krejci goal. Can't stand it when people blame the refs, coaches and players make 10 times more mistakes than the refs do during the course of a game.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely correct. Calls go for and against. As you can see I am not complaining about judgement calls. I am complaining about a call that was made, a subsequent whistle for that call, and then mysteriously, it disappears. There was no reason, either than too-many-men, to blow the whistle. So why did that linesman blow the play down??????? Because he saw what every body else saw, a penalty. If you can explain that, then I will cease to question the Reff'ing. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

no fix... if the bruins would have scored a pp goal in games 2 or 4 this series would be over. missed calls on both sides. it's the calling of borderline penalties that bothers me. it leads to refs making "make-up" calls that lead to even worse penalty calls that are not playoff-worthy calls. i hope the refs swallow the whistle wednesday, like they did a year ago vs. tb. let the players decide the game- the only penalties that should be called are the "have to call" penalties... delay of game, high sticking, ect. no "judgement calls". it leads to making more judgement calls, and screws the game up. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Taking the X-files theory put of it, the Refs have been pretty awful in just about every series. While you and I don't like the wining and lobbying from organizations, part of me understands that any frustration we feel as fans must be multiplied by a bajillion for the players and coaches. It is incredibly inconsistent. I don't think the coaches are bad people (well, Hunter maybe), but as long as the lobbying works, there's no incentive to stop.

The one thing they are getting right is sending guys to the box for after the whistle stuff. They seem to be allowing some push and maybe a punch, but that's it. Next guy to show aggression gets tossed. I like it. Hopefully to more biting and face washes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]I am still waiting for an explanation on why that was not called.  7 guys on the ice WITH possesion of the puck.  Whistle stops the play because of it--- no call??????????????? These refs need to held accountable for their actions or lack there of!
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

It was odd in the respect that the Capitals colorman, I mean NBC's guy not only saw it, but they did show the entire play. It was odd.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I love how the anti-B's colorman on NBC broadcasts wants to tell us the many ways to beat Tim Thomas. He did the same thing last year, imploring the Caps shooters to go wide and shoot or pass opposite where Tim comes out aggresssively. Gee, how bout showing TT a little respect. At least we know Holtby's weakness--shoot into his mask.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Asmaha is right. This is not the only series where they are doing a horrible job. I think they are under a lot of pressure from everyone (league, teams, and fans) and, as a consequence, are all over the place in calls on any given night. Yes they should be professionals but are also human beings doing a very scrutinized job.

That said, the B's have had their chances on the PP. As someone else on this thread pointed out, if they even scored one more time with the man advantage, this series would be over by now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]It goes both ways, it all evens out in the end. Us bruins fans are upset becasue of the too many men non call- Washington fans are upset Bergeron was not called for interference on the Krejci goal. Can't stand it when people blame the refs, coaches and players make 10 times more mistakes than the refs do during the course of a game.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Agree, I just don't like those iffy calls like Pouliot's late game penalties that we see through out the whole,  by both teams , not called but at a crucial part of the game they call it on the Bruins.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think the worst was the injury to Corvo. How do you let the play continue when they stopped it for injured Caps players in other games? The play should have stopped IMMEDIATELY.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Guys have been hit in the face and the play has stopped. That resulted in a key goal in Game 5.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The officiating has been poor. Since when is a cross check not a penalty? The worst one was Semin on Zanon, with Corvo down and out, take out Zanon and the Caps score.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

There was also the play earlier in the season when OVIE came skating down the side, tackled ( Jumped on top of) Ference preventing him from playing the puck that was coming to him..... ( Obvious interference).  That puck was subsequently picked up by the trailing CAP and rifled into Thomas' net. 

Game 5 Boychuck and Chimera sat in the corner behind Holtby.  Each time that Boychuck tried to get up Chimera grabbed him and pulled him back down, to prevent him from getting back into the play.  There was NO CALL on the play "UNTIL" Boychuck reached around and punched Chimera in the face knocking his head back... then the ref who had been watching the entire thing go on and not calling the holding penalty decided to call coincidental minors for holding and roughing.

In the game yesterday CHinera definitely hit Marchand before begining his rush to the net.  At that point it would have been interferrence... it was not called Chimera ( I believe) rushed down the wide side left, and was there to get the puck to throw in the net... 

Don't get me wrong... I see penalties on both team not called.... but penalties that are ignored resulting in a scoring chance for the other team are BS.  At one point if you watch Holtby is down and out, a defensement ( is sitting on his right side of the crease) and the B's are peppering his goal.  The puck goes just to the side of the netting... with his foot still in the blue ( CREASE) the defender reaches out puts his hand on the puck and pulls it between his legs to stop play.  NOW I have not played hockey in 30+ years.... but when I did any player but the goalie grabbing the puck with his hand while in the crease was a penalty shot.  IT has been a long time.... but isn't that at least delay of the game?   The ref was behind the net with a CLEAR view of the play.... and didn't make the call.

My daughter (who now loves Hockey) says it is apparent that the CAPS now know what will and won't be called.... So they clutch and grab, punch and wash
    and even diliberately BRUSH off a player at the lines..... to get that minor advantage to win the game. WATCH it... On the goal by Semin the other day when he grabbed the puck stepped and shot it around a Prone Thomas.... Watch it closely... With Corvo injured and hobbling.... ( No whistle)  SEMIN crosschecks Zannon in the back knocking him to the ice, reaches around him and fires it home.... WATCH THE TAPE.  NOT CALLED....  I do not want the refs to call everything but that was a scoring chance that was created by the infraction!  OH and the first time through the replays the color man mentioned the cross check, then shutup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]I think the worst was the injury to Corvo. How do you let the play continue when they stopped it for injured Caps players in other games? The play should have stopped IMMEDIATELY.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Danny, I was pretty pi**ed about that one too, flicking cigarettes and throwing bottles at my monitor in my hotel room. I was thinking "what about the early whistle when Wideman took a puck to the head the previous game!!"

The rule though is that the play goes on until the team with the injured man touches the puck or the refs deem the injured played in immediate peril. With this in mind, they made the right choice although it pains me to say this. However, Semin's knocking down of Zanon on the same play should have resulted in at least an interference penalty.

No bias or conspiracy, just incompetence.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

Didn't Bergy have a right to that ice because he was holding up to keep the play from being offsides?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Dale Hunter is the last person who should be lobbying for the Refs for support--- he abused every rule in the book for years as a player--- talk about a hypocrite!

Sections
Shortcuts