Even with the B's in first place, cant seem to get going as a fan.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Even with the B's in first place, cant seem to get going as a fan.

Have loved watching the B's for 45 yrs, moreso now with satellite t.v and all games available, which has been a great bonus over the years. I look forward to every game, highs & lows come with it. I love watching all sports but the B's are far and away #1 in my books, always have been. These last few years have been like gravy on the mashed potatoes after many years of heartbreak and underachievement and i'm going to enjoy the ride as long as this team can bring it, which i hope PC,Neely & Julien can deliver for years to come. Go B's!!!!

P.S- World Table tennis championships are great as well, watch out for those Russkies!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have loved watching the B's for 45 yrs, moreso now with satellite t.v and all games available, which has been a great bonus over the years. I look forward to every game, highs & lows come with it. I love watching all sports but the B's are far and away #1 in my books, always have been. These last few years have been like gravy on the mashed potatoes after many years of heartbreak and underachievement and i'm going to enjoy the ride as long as this team can bring it, which i hope PC,Neely & Julien can deliver for years to come. Go B's!!!!

P.S- World Table tennis championships are great as well, watch out for those Russkies!

[/QUOTE]

Did you watch hbo 24x7 leafs wings?  Kes and Dion are the table tennis champs of the Leaf world.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did you watch hbo 24x7 leafs wings?  Kes and Dion are the table tennis champs of the Leaf world.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't watch any of it, Kes & Celine eh? Doubles champs were they?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

I find this thread ironic. Since 1980, I've considered the NHL Regular Season to be the longest preseason in the history of sports. Just don't suck and you'll make the playoffs. The NHL postseason is pretty much a season onto itself (April - June). Ever since realignment, specifically, reducing the number of divisions in the conferences from 3 to 2, the regular season has went from meh, to interesting. Recently, the B's were in first, but the #5 team was only 5 points behind. The RS games have become more meaningful as a result.

OTOH, Seidenberg's injury could prevent this team from winning the Cup. He's a vital part of this team. I hope some of the younger Ds can step up.

Now, if only the NHL can get rid of OTs and SOs and realize that games which end in a tie are still good games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

This 3 game trip Ana LA SJ with return against TO could be huge in how standings look in a week. These r all great games to watch and all could b playoff previews.

GOAT!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I find this thread ironic. Since 1980, I've considered the NHL Regular Season to be the longest preseason in the history of sports. Just don't suck and you'll make the playoffs. The NHL postseason is pretty much a season onto itself (April - June). Ever since realignment, specifically, reducing the number of divisions in the conferences from 3 to 2, the regular season has went from meh, to interesting. Recently, the B's were in first, but the #5 team was only 5 points behind. The RS games have become more meaningful as a result.

OTOH, Seidenberg's injury could prevent this team from winning the Cup. He's a vital part of this team. I hope some of the younger Ds can step up.

Now, if only the NHL can get rid of OTs and SOs and realize that games which end in a tie are still good games.

[/QUOTE]

For sure, i found nothing wrong with tie games, ok with the OT but don't like the shootout.If a game ends in a tie,so be it.