Ever wonder how delusional Habs fans are...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

Ever wonder how delusional Habs fans are...?

Well take a look and find out:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=356326

The TSN story is highlighting the MTL-FL game tonight. The headline itself is outrageous, stating that with a 6 pt deficit and an extra GP, the division lead for the Habs is somehow "in sight". But take a look at the comments on the story?

Warning: Clicking on the link might cause you to get uncontrollably enranged at work, therefore i'll put an NSFW on it lol.

Here are a couple previews:

(From supposedly a MA habs fan): the Habs are only 6 pts down with 18 games left (and 2 with Boston). It's amazing how everyone is saying Boston is sooooo good this year, yet the Habs and their depleted d, has remained just 3 wins off the pace. Wait....3 game lead? that reminds me of last year when Boston lead Philly by 3 in the playoffs. hmmmm, did Boston hold that lead? lol

(Another one):
    i love the comments from the Bruins fans here...let them have their divisional lead. they need something to hang their hat on, since Montreal has been their Daddy the past 100 years...haha!!!

(And perhaps the most delusional of all):
    Forget it, they dont want and they dont have first place in sight .I hope that the Bruins finish in first and that they get the Habs in the first round. Another upset in the making . They might try the rough stuff again but it wont work. Habs arent affraid of Boston...Philly well that's another story. The last tinme the Habs and Bruins met neither team came away looking good. The best goalie in the league allowing 6 goals so it doesn't reflect good for either of those teams. Put it this way...if Price had played the way he could any 8-6 game could go either way. As for the fights...no team plays that way in the playoffs because it can kill your chances as much as help them. Lets just wait for the next game and see how it goes. Maybe One-Ounch Pouliot will chase away some of those big bad Bruins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Ever wonder how delusional Habs fans are...?

When I read those "last 100 years" comments, I'm always tempted to go with the old Leno line from the Gulf War years: "Saddam says he's not afraid to lose a war to the US.  Yeah, like losing to the US worked out so great for the economy in Japan and German...wait."

Howie Morenz isn't going to jump over the boards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I feel like 80% of the posters on TSN just write whatever they can to get a rise out of the other teams fans. Particularly the Habs fans. There are more habs fans that post on Bruins games than either Bruins fans or the Team teh playeds fans combined..

Thats why I go to hf boards to read game commentary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well? Being a B's fan & losings to these bastards with Montreal being the underdog PLENTY of times. They're not delusional at all. Whatever the reason. History as a tendancy of repeating itself when comes to Mon & Bos. I think Scab fans have a much bigger reason to be cocky! We don't have Neely in the lineup anymore. I'm always afraid of the Canadiens in the play-offs & I always will be! Buffalo is another team I hate facing. This year? If the Leafs get in! Be prepared for a war who ever has to face them in round 1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Most posters on TSN are trolls just looking to start a fight. Fair enough and comical if you do not take them seriously. As for the real fans, I have no problem with them having such faith in their team. It makes it all the more satisfying when their team fails.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

What I find funny is they all mention how much faster the Habs are than the Bruins. They forget 1. What happened to their speed last game. 2. Bruins added two speedsters in Pev and Kelly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Ever wonder how delusional Habs fans are...?:
    [QUOTE]What I find funny is they all mention how much faster the Habs are than the Bruins. They forget 1. What happened to their speed last game. 2. Bruins added two speedsters in Pev and Kelly.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

NOW that is something that we'll be able to see if there's a difference or not. It was VERY noticable in the Edmonton & Vancouver game that the B's are MUCH faster with the Kelly & Peverly additions. I hope that line plays against Mike C's line all night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Besides, speed means nothing if the other team smashes you into the boards as the B's did to MTL last game they played. They are still too small even after all these years of that being their achillies heal...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]What I find funny is they all mention how much faster the Habs are than the Bruins. They forget 1. What happened to their speed last game. 2. Bruins added two speedsters in Pev and Kelly.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    Speed doesn't kill...killing kills lol. We have a lineup that can beat the habs, any way they would like to play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Besides, speed means nothing if the other team smashes you into the boards as the B's did to MTL last game they played. They are still too small even after all these years of that being their achillies heal...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Speed means a lot if it's utilized properly. See 02' & 04' play-offs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ever wonder how delusional Habs fans are...? : Speed means a lot if it's utilized properly. See 02' & 04' play-offs!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Very true. However, I think with a proper defensive system and some solid aggression speed can be neutralized. When the Bruins do this they win regardless of the speed of their opponent...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

every time someone starts a B's/ Habs thread AND A HAB TROLL SPOUTS OFF PRESS IGNORE AND THINK OF STAN BEATING THE CRAP OUT OF BOUCHARD.AAAHHHHH. ALL BETTER.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

You think the person writing the articles for TSN is a Habs fan?  "Division lead in sight" in that habs article.  lol.  In sight?  Maybe looking through a high powered telescope.  And tonight's Boston/TB article goes out of it's way to mention Tampa were missing Lecallier right in the headline.