Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for

Looks like Philly, Rangers, and Sabers are all making moves to get better.  So far, boston is moving backwards.  We lost rider and have not done anything to get better. 

Could it be that PC is complacent with where the team is now.  I for one think that we were just 1 unlucky bounce away from not making it to the SCF; we definatly need some new pices to get better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for

Yeah,
    The Stanley Cup champs with everyone returning but a lazy 3rd liner and a dman that was terrible are huge blows.
    Fire in the fact this team is extremely young and has Seguin (franchise player) coming along and they look like they are headed to the basement this year.

Our core players are entering their prime, we had rookies last year who made huge returns and drank from the cup.

Sure we need to add a piece or two but the playoffs don't start in July. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Who is Rider?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

oh no dbg1 not you ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Palm, meet face

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

For the record, Philly got worse.  The only team I see who got better is Buffalo.

Losing Ryder is not a big loss at all...3rd line puck hog

They could use another top 4 D, but so could every other team in the NHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Bruins are getting better, simply because of the passage of time - Seguin will be better, Marchand will be better, Looch will be better, Kampfer will be better and healthy, our rooks will be better, Kelly and Peverley will be better with a full season in the system. Boston doesn't need to get beter through UFA right now - we have ten months almost to worry about fixing any lineup holes, and I'm really not that sure we even have any right now. What gap do we have in this team right now that can't potentially be filled by our system?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Please tell me someone the Bruins should have signed, we are doing just fine

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Must be a slow news day...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Seguin's most likely going to be a 20-30 goal scorer next season, Marshmont is still developing and will be even better, solid depth in Providence and getting better with rising prospects..  I think we're fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Is this like a Jeopardy question? I'll take NHL for &1000 Alex.
    Eastern Conference team that is NOT getting better this off season.
    What is Montreal?
    Correct!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for:
    The Bruins are getting better, simply because of the passage of time - Seguin will be better, Marchand will be better, Looch will be better, Kampfer will be better and healthy, our rooks will be better, Kelly and Peverley will be better with a full season in the system. Boston doesn't need to get beter through UFA right now - we have ten months almost to worry about fixing any lineup holes, and I'm really not that sure we even have any right now. What gap do we have in this team right now that can't potentially be filled by our system?
    Posted by red75

Well put Red.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I have no problem with who we have lost and the 2 players we added. As other posters have said above look for our younger players to improve. We still have to get Marchy to a new deal but going forward we have as of right now about 8 mill under the cap and if savy retires thats another 4 more. I like the fact we have plenty of cap flexibilaty to either re sighn our own guys in the coming years or we could even go out and get a star if PC deems it nesseary. Pouliot and Corvo are low risk and potential high rewards and are both UFA's after next season. I used to dog PC's contracts he gave out and how he managed the cap if he has earned the trust of one of his hardest critics in my self then how don't some of you? HE HELPED BRING US THE CUP!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Here we go! When will the complaining end?

Winning the Stanley Cup is not good enough for the fairweather fans.

The game is played on the ice - not on paper or in the news media.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for:
    Looks like Philly, Rangers, and Sabers are all making moves to get better.  So far, boston is moving backwards.  We lost rider and have not done anything to get better.  Could it be that PC is complacent with where the team is now.  I for one think that we were just 1 unlucky bounce away from not making it to the SCF; we definatly need some new pices to get better.
    Posted by dbg1

After your assessment of the team in round 1, I hope you'll forgive me for not putting any weight into your opinion regarding the team......see below for example.........

Forum Post: Re: WELL MAYBE NEXT YEAR at 4/16/2011 9:57 PM EDT
    ramzz...it is because the Bs have a losers' mentality.  They came into this series beleiving that it would be a successiful season if we made it past the first round.  What the F.  There is only one stanly cup winner....the other 15 teams lose. This team's mentality should be...the cup or nothing.  Go all out...do anything to win the cup, take chances and if you lose....well you tried.  Instead we get this.dgb1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I think the more pertinent question for Bruins fans is this:

Is Tim Thomas, at age 37, capable of putting together back-to-back Vezina quality, I'll-carry-the-team-on-my-back-to-the-Cup-Finals seasons?  If not, is Rask able to pick up the torch?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think the more pertinent question for Bruins fans is this: Is Tim Thomas, at age 37, capable of putting together back-to-back Vezina quality, I'll-carry-the-team-on-my-back-to-the-Cup-Finals seasons?  If not, is Rask able to pick up the torch?
    Posted by 49-North

Rask led the NHL in GAA and SP in the season between TT's Vezina wins. I'll say the torch is reasonably safe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from degolds. Show degolds's posts

In Response to Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for:
    Looks like Philly, Rangers, and Sabers are all making moves to get better.  So far, boston is moving backwards.  We lost rider and have not done anything to get better.  Could it be that PC is complacent with where the team is now.  I for one think that we were just 1 unlucky bounce away from not making it to the SCF; we definatly need some new pices to get better.
    Posted by dbg1

HELLO HELLO THEY WON THE CUP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Flyers lost Gagne, Carter, Richards and Leino???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Tard Post. Team will be better doing nothing at all, now the Corvo deal looks smart.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think the more pertinent question for Bruins fans is this: Is Tim Thomas, at age 37, capable of putting together back-to-back Vezina quality, I'll-carry-the-team-on-my-back-to-the-Cup-Finals seasons?  If not, is Rask able to pick up the torch?
    Posted by 49-North

Still bitter, huh?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Posted by 49-North

Seriously? A Vancouver fan questioning Boston's goaltending!

Thanks. That really made me laugh.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Bruins are a lock for the Cup in 2011-12

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for : Seriously? A Vancouver fan questioning Boston's goaltending! Thanks. That really made me laugh.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

If you weren't a bandwagon jumper, you'd probably realize that 49-North is here to talk hockey. He raises a legitimate point. How do we know that Thomas can repeat what he did last year? And if he can't, how do we know that Rask is able to take charge again? I personally believe that the Bruins would be fine in either situation, but you never know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanFromMontreal. Show BruinsFanFromMontreal's posts

exactly, we just won the cup...

it sucks to see Ryder,Recchi and Even Kaberle go because they are Now so very special. but we need to know how put our feet back on thr ground and get back o building this team and going in right direction.

Our biggest need was a top 4 D.  I would have signed Kabs at 4 mil/season, but it didnt happen. i wish him luck in Carolina.

Corvo? i think its the same type of addition as Pouliot ( trust me i saw this guy play 22 times last year at bell center) They are Depth p/u's in case our studs dont develop as quick.

I like the idea of having a lot of cap room.  its always a big plus to have that flexibility.  In PC we trust.  + if Thomas keeps playing like this, we don't need anyone else :)

Sections
Shortcuts