Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for

In Response to Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for:
    In Response to Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for : How can you say TT is a late bloomer and then in the next sentence say its a make or break year for Rask?  Rask has to prove himself by his mid 20's?  He's not allowed to be a "late-bloomer?"  Rask led the NHL in GAA and save % in the one year he was the starting goaltender.  He fell back some this year, mainly due to lack of playing time, which wasn't anybody's fault. The Bruins have to continue to ride the wave of Thomas' hot play as long as it lasts and as long as he's healthy.  Thats too bad for Rask, but he's pretty young.  Most goalies in the NHL when they make an early splash still need to tough out that period of time that the NHL seems to get used to them, and the best goalies do come into their own a little later in age. I think the make or break for Rask comes in the next off season when he decides if he is going to be the starter in Boston sooner rather than later and thinks about playing somewhere else.  He's going to have to do whats best for him, and the team may also have to deal him for their best interests as well. But I dont think Rask's career hangs in the balance based on how he plays next year, especially if he's a backup again. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Rask is the next Plante, but I think if the B's decide Rask's worth to the organization as a future #1 based on 25 games next year, that would be a mistake.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

I agree. Rask's I don't think is going anywhere & I do hope someone talks to CJ & tells him to play the kid at least 35 games minimium. He can't develope by sitting for long stretches & THIS is NOT a make or break for Rask. Not at 24! 
    I do think that Rask needs to continue to be an awesome teammate for Timmy! He always had a geniune smile & a laugh whenever he met him at the end of game. For anyone who thinks that this is a make or break season. I think they should think of Kiprusoff. Who was 27 when he found his niche! He's been one of the best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

In Response to Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for : A) I didn't realize that Bruins fans (not all of them, maybe just you) were so easily scared. B) Who died and made you "King of the Boston.com Forum"?  Isn't Freedom of Speech guaranteed by the Constitution?  If you don't want to see what I'm contributing to the discussion, just hit "ignore".
    Posted by 49-North

Not scared just annoyed. . . .I live in BC and get to hear Canuck crud all year.-No one admitting yet that they lost however. Refs fault etc etc. So many things could go wrong next year-not all guys continue to improve but based on Thomas' play he doesn't look like he'll lose it overnight. However- he could. Then go to plan B or C-  as far as ignore-done

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for : How can you say TT is a late bloomer and then in the next sentence say its a make or break year for Rask?  Rask has to prove himself by his mid 20's?  He's not allowed to be a "late-bloomer?"  Rask led the NHL in GAA and save % in the one year he was the starting goaltender.  He fell back some this year, mainly due to lack of playing time, which wasn't anybody's fault. The Bruins have to continue to ride the wave of Thomas' hot play as long as it lasts and as long as he's healthy.  Thats too bad for Rask, but he's pretty young.  Most goalies in the NHL when they make an early splash still need to tough out that period of time that the NHL seems to get used to them, and the best goalies do come into their own a little later in age. I think the make or break for Rask comes in the next off season when he decides if he is going to be the starter in Boston sooner rather than later and thinks about playing somewhere else.  He's going to have to do whats best for him, and the team may also have to deal him for their best interests as well. But I dont think Rask's career hangs in the balance based on how he plays next year, especially if he's a backup again. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Rask is the next Plante, but I think if the B's decide Rask's worth to the organization as a future #1 based on 25 games next year, that would be a mistake.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Considering TT's age how much longer will he be a no.1 ? In the context of the Boston Bruins moving forward with their goaltending plans I would think they are looking at a replacement for him 1 -2 years from now .Would you be comfortable with keeping Rask as the projected no .1 if he has another subpar year[like last year's ]?I know I wouldn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for : I agree. Rask's I don't think is going anywhere & I do hope someone talks to CJ & tells him to play the kid at least 35 games minimium. He can't develope by sitting for long stretches & THIS is NOT a make or break for Rask. Not at 24!  I do think that Rask needs to continue to be an awesome teammate for Timmy! He always had a geniune smile & a laugh whenever he met him at the end of game. For anyone who thinks that this is a make or break season. I think they should think of Kiprusoff. Who was 27 when he found his niche! He's been one of the best.
    Posted by nitemare-38
    He won't play 35 games unless he deserves to play and last year he didn't deserve to play any more games than he did .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for : A) I didn't realize that Bruins fans (not all of them, maybe just you) were so easily scared. B) Who died and made you "King of the Boston.com Forum"?  Isn't Freedom of Speech guaranteed by the Constitution?  If you don't want to see what I'm contributing to the discussion, just hit "ignore".
    Posted by 49-North

I like your contributions to this forum. I hope you stick around .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for : Only Stanley is engraving the Bruins name on the next cup. The rest of us are just still too happy to care. One day you might feel like that -until then why don't you leave the second guessing the Bruins until the 2011/2012 season actually starts. You truly are creepin' me out the way you keep coming to this board to talk hockey with Bruins fans. Go away.
    Posted by Chef09

Since he's clearly not trolling, why don't you stay on topic and answer his question?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Everyone in the East Getting Better...except for : Since he's clearly not trolling, why don't you stay on topic and answer his question?
    Posted by Kennedy97

Kennedy, his question has been answered a number of times now. Of course Boston and 29 other teams have concerns if their goaltending lets them down. In reality though, shouldn't Boston be the least concerned of all since our starter has won the Vezina in 2 of the past 3 years and in the season in which he didn't, Rask led the league in both GAA and Save %. I'm not saying the Bruins will have another season of goaltending like we all witnessed last year but I also can't imagine any signicant drop-off at the position either.

Sections
Shortcuts