Everyone settle the F down!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

Everyone settle the F down!!!!

The B's are going to be just fine, yeah we lost tonight, but you have to give Price credit he played real good if he does this all series we are obviously f**ked, I am betting tonight was his best preformance of he series. The B's looked a little tenative,  a lot of Bruins were non existant and it felt like to me we controlled he game, we just couldnt bury it!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Everyone settle the F down!!!!

How long has it been since the game ended?

And I'm still livid.  Maybe even getting riled up more.

When I begin to calm down the reality of this pathetic effort comes back and then I get disgusted and ticked off again.

I'll wake up tomorrow like this was a bad dream.

This was not a good loss, make no mistake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I've been livid for 39 years...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Nothing to over analyze -- The game could have gone either way. Habs played a diciplined game and Price was the better guy between the pipes. Nobody thought this was going to be easy. Last years mowing down of the Caps and Pens are enough proof.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Disgusting alright!
    Won't get over this till after Saturday night, MAYBE
    Wear is angry Horton? Every Bruin should be Angry right now!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Everyone settle the F down!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Disgusting alright! Won't get over this till after Saturday night, MAYBE Wear is angry Horton? Every Bruin should be Angry right now!
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]

Edict from on high: B's players are not allowed to play with emotion lest they give the Habs a PP chance. All players are ordered to be robot slaves to the coaching system....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I never thought the B's would sweep the Hab's and obviously they won't, but that being said the Bruins didn't play their best game tonight and who knows why. The b's can get a split at home and go from there. I believe they can and will. Then its up to Montreal and get it done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I never thought the B's would sweep the Hab's and obviously they won't, but that being said the Bruins didn't play their best game tonight and who knows why. The b's can get a split at home and go from there. I believe they can and will. Then its up to Montreal and get it done.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Sure. And you know what?  I don't care.

Because if this team wins it is in spite of this coach and not because of him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

Dropping a home playoff game, getting shut out no less, as a favorite is a concern.  It's not like this team lost a heart breaker, they looked like it was a pre season game.  No heart, no urgency, no fight.  Kick some tail!!  Spend 5 in the box, who cares.  You'd spend that much time on the bench between shifts anyways.

This team needs to beat the crap out of the Habs, they can't skate with them. Drop the gloves for heaven's sake.  Until we see the heart from this squad, we won't see a win. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDecision. Show TheDecision's posts

The Bruins played like crap tonight...Price was not amazing tonight, the Bruins made him look awesome, every shot was in his chest.  No one was physical, no one got off a decent shot.  Marchand and Peverley were our 2 best players tonight.  Krejci was afraid to pass the puck with any authority, Looch thought he was a sniper, Ryder thought he was still playing for Montreal, and CJ had too much to drink that afternoon.

It was a pathetic effort and anyone who says it wasn't either didn't watch the game or doesn't know a single thing about hockey.  Kelly needs to be traded back to Ottawa and Kaberle just needs to retire...and Thomas needs to save those...can't blame the game on him...but that second goal was bad

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Wow what a pathetic bruin fan you are.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I suppose I'm in the minority, but I thought the Bruins were the better team tonight. Price just stood on his head. He can't do that for a full 7 game series. We'll be fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aisling76. Show aisling76's posts

the B's need to crowd the net/rush the net/GET TO THE NET... Price didn't have to stop any amazing shots. he saw them the whole way. I agree w someone who said the B's need to bring the anger and toughness back in... they aren't as fast on skates as the Habs so the way to beat them is to literally BEAT them. not many big hits tonight... Hoping they get some energy zapped into them for saturday

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from don444. Show don444's posts

In Response to Everyone settle the F down!!!!:
    [QUOTE]The B's are going to be just fine, yeah we lost tonight, but you have to give Price credit he played real good if he does this all series we are obviously f**ked, I am betting tonight was his best preformance of he series. The B's looked a little tenative,  a lot of Bruins were non existant and it felt like to me we controlled he game, we just couldnt bury it!!!!
    Posted by Bird8817[/QUOTE]

What is the big deal. All the bitching and moaning and crying. The fact is the B's have been a bad team for years now and everyone gets suckered into the bull..... that is thrown in by management.What part of bad don't they understand. Bring back Don Cherry and the Big Bad  Bruins....Or at least a newer version.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I agree Red - I thought we dominated in the 2nd - the sloppy turnover in the first and they are up 1-0.  We need to start hitting.  Price saw everything that was shot at him, even the ones that he didnt were shot right AT him.

Im worried about marchand taking stupid penalties as well

[QUOTE]I suppose I'm in the minority, but I thought the Bruins were the better team tonight. Price just stood on his head. He can't do that for a full 7 game series. We'll be fine.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Still livid.

At the coach (I'm now completely on board with firing Julien), PC (for his comments on 98.5 yesterday - fire him), with the fans (if you yell shoot it at a game and the goalie is in the net, you're a moron, I wouldn't want to play for these pathetic fans), with the TD Garden (I don't care about your stupid fan cams and we don't need you to tell us to get loud), and with the overall effort out there.

This team isn't going to make it past game 5 if they keep playing like they did last night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]I suppose I'm in the minority, but I thought the Bruins were the better team tonight. Price just stood on his head. He can't do that for a full 7 game series. We'll be fine.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Well said red75 (my stepdaughter) .....Bruins will win game 2 and game 3 in Mtl ..they will come back to Boston at 2 a piece and win game 5 and game 6 in front of the habs fans ...''en route'' to our 1st of 3 Stanley Cup ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I agree...lots to be concerned about, but lots to feel ok about as well. That's what happens with only a 1 game sample size. They had their chances, but those chances seemed to fall into two extreme categories:

1. Un-screened shots directly at Price (the Chara model)

2. No shot at all...trying to make the "better" play instead of angling to the net, crashing and see what happens (the Kaberle model)

I think guys like Bergeron, Recchi, Lucic and Peverly will figure it out and get some nice shots next game.

Like everyone else, it seems obvious they need to create more havoc in front of the net and be more aggressive in finishing their checks. All this talk about putting Montreal on the PP had them playing less physical, which isn't a good thing. I say play your game. If the refs want to call everything, so be it. They won't win a series without being the aggressor.

It reminded me of the Patriots/Jets last playoffs. Both BB and Julien had their team so even-keeled, it translated into a more passive game. I hate to think it, but I feel the Bruins players tuned out Julien and he needs to get their attention again. If he's truly telling them to stay composed at every turn, but your own captain translates that into "let's push this guy's face into the ice with 2 mins left in the game", then there might be some issues.

I have faith that there will be some adjustments in Game 2. Montreal only had 2 less wins this year, and their special teams are better. Anyone who thought this series was going to be a cakewalk is not paying attention. Be ready for the long haul.

And finally....ipot....you completely undermine every point you have to make by calling them the "Ruins" like some 8-year-old on the playground. Know your audience; this forum is filled with adult men and women who have a genuine passion for hockey. We're not all watching with rose-colored glasses. We see the same things you do. But, it really comes across as juvenile and you lose credibility when you might have good points to make. People call you a troll because of typing things like "the Ruins" or that one loss is "an epic betrayal". It's not because of the actual points you are trying to make. In other words, it's of your own doing and you have the ability to change that. Get over it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Nothing new from the B's. Same old story.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

This team has no mental toughness and it all starts with Clod. Marchand misses a lay up and chokes on a back hander on his break away. Price did not have to make 1 good save the entire game. What the H do these guys practice? The powerless play should be half of their entire practice. Clod couldn't motivate a pee wee team with coupons to the Dairy Queen. Do they really know what to do in games that matter? That game was a big statement game and again they failed. Clod needs to shake things up. Recchi needs to have very limited playing time. Clod not having Seguin in against Montreal is lame as well. Maybe he sits against the Flyers or Pittsburg but the Habs?????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

"Settle the F down"?!?....that was one of the most anemic, flaccid efforts regular or playoff season I have ever watched...simply unacceptable!!...has a coach ever been fired in the playoffs...."Price stood on his head"!?!?!??!?..I dont think so...he barely broke a sweat...anyone of these fine bloggers could have did what he did, stop pucks unabated by even an ounce of a Bruin in front of the net.....just dont get being out hit by a less physical, injury riddled defence Habs Of Montreal Overly Sensitive team....that was embarassing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Why is everyone so pissed.  The bruins dictated the tempo of the whole game last night and the canadians scored on two miss ques.  Even the "electric" canadians power play did nothing.  75% of the game was played on the canadians end of the ice with the bruins blasting away at the net.  The problem was that they werent quality shots and Price let up no second chance shots.  They lost game one but I have to tell you if the bruins play the same way they did last night theres no way they loose this series. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]Why is everyone so pissed.  The bruins dictated the tempo of the whole game last night and the canadians scored on two miss ques.  Even the "electric" canadians power play did nothing.  75% of the game was played on the canadians end of the ice with the bruins blasting away at the net.  The problem was that they werent quality shots and Price let up no second chance shots.  They lost game one but I have to tell you if the bruins play the same way they did last night theres no way they loose this series. 
    Posted by prob2236[/QUOTE]

What he said.

Sections
Shortcuts