Everyones 2nd team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Everyones 2nd team.

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

The Red Wings. My wife's favorite team so i watch every one of their games anyway. Tremendous skill, excellent coaching and a classy bunch.  Datsyuk is the most interesting player to watch in the league. Hard team not to like if you watch them.

But, I HATE that they are moving to the East. I've never had to worry about them giving the B's fits more than once a year, but now... ugh. And it's gonna cause tension in my house.  I can't imagine what happens if they meet in the playoffs.

There won't be any issues if they meet in the playoffs.  You'll just quit on the Bruins like you did last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

I always enjoyed watching the Blues because they remind me a lot of the Bruins. They are totally the west coast version of the B's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

Can't say I really have a second team,some teams I don't hate,but Bruins my only team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Great topic.

I also can't believe how many picked the leafs.  They are my least favourite.  Others at the bottom are Montreal, Vancouver, LA and the Rangers. 

My 2nd favourite is New Jersey because my sons cheer for them and then Ottawa because leafs nation would hate it if they won plus I liked Alfredsson although he is no longer there.

Other teams I like are San Jose (because of Joe), St. Louis, Chicago, Calgary. Pittsburgh and Detroit.  Add in Dallas now while Tyler is there.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I don't really have a 2nd team ,  I do like other teams and root game by game , especially against the Habs (sorry Kennedy) it's stronger than me.   I used really like the Nordiques as a 2nd team.  Through the years I lked Chicago but got disinterested a few years.

I have to say I like Philly,  was mostly because of Gagne, Carter and Richards but still like the Flyers. Giroux is one of my favorite players

Any team with Dale Hunter on it can kiss my Irish azz!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Bruins only - I always liked philly considered them our allies in the Sinden -Clarke days. They have great fans too always there to support them and the least greedy owner of all who will do anything to win.

always liked Chicago too.

there is 1 team that I truly hate and that of course is MTL. in fact theres no sports franchise I despise more then mtl.

So true.  They always seem to perpetuate their whining and diving culture, year after year after year.  That's how they do business and it makes a mockery of the sport.  Shameful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good thread -- interesting to see the choices.

Probably not a surprise, but I root for the Avs when they're not playing the Bruins.  It has nothing to do with Ray Bourque, but I've been living in Denver for 11 years now and am about a mile from the Pepsi Center, so I get to a lot of games.  Likeable players, underdog team, and easy to get tickets.  I also like the Oilers.  Not sure why, but I think it is just because they have played an entertaining style of hockey for a long time.  Speed and back and forth play.  When looking for a late-game I always settle on the Oilers.

NCAA teams: Northeastern, Miami-Ohio, and Denver U.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Colorado. Even before Raymond made the move there, I loved watching Forsberg and Sakic. Such a deep team, but the addition of Bourque just added to my enjoyment. I used to stay up and watch the double header Saturday on CBC for a Ava's / Oiler's game. That was some of the best hockey EVER. Both skating teams, one with talent, and the Oilers a shadow of their former selves, but still playing an exciting skating, puck moving game.

Since then I have stayed a fan, and check in with Adrian DATER

Good call on Dater.  Avs beat writer, but he's from New England and always offers a lot of Boston perspective (to the point that the Denver locals b*tch about it).  Perfect for me.  A good hockey guy to read and/or follow on Twitter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

We all know everyone is a Bruins fan.  What i wanna know is who everyones 2nd team is if you have one.   Im a Capitals 2nd choice team.   Really think they have a solid young team.  they have a lot of guys i like.  I think tom wilson and michael latta could get a decent chance this year. They are starving for one more to 4 dmen.  two young promising goales.  Love brooks laich, chimera, brouwer.  Obviously a big fan of ovie.  

cheers

The Lightning is my 2nd favorite team...it's gotta be...Esposito founded the team...I live 65 miles north of Tampa...Marty St. Louis is my hero (he reminds me of John McKenzie somehow)...I've always liked their style.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

For me there's no such thing as a second-favorite team in any sport.

All my focus and energies go into one team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I just like the game too much to only watch/follow the Bruins.  There are plenty of dog days in any hockey year for any team - dog days because nothing is really happening other than the middle of an 82 game schedule where it's hard to get excited about a game against Columbus on a Tuesday and dog days when they're winning but there's not much to say about it unless you want to complain about style points.  You can follow the headlines or you can lock in on another team or two that's interesting for some reason, and when you do that, you sort of get hooked on following the story.

I took the OP to mean other NHL teams, but the same idea above would apply to the way I follow major junior.  I find I'll watch London games when they're on and I keep track of the Hunter franchise, and I follow the 67s and Olympiques (less so...).  And I keep tabs on Providence even though I don't get to see much.

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

I'm a big time Oiler's fan.  They we're the best team when I was a little guy and had so many ledgen's on their squad. I think they are the most interesting team to watch right now! Love seeing all the young kids getting a chance to prove themselves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to nitch19's comment:

Some of us have a little more focus and energy,  I guess.  Either that, or our love of the game of hockey supercedes the feeling of marriage to one club.  I'm not married to the B's.  We've been going steady for a while, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the beauty of others.

Like BHab.  He's a beauty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to nitch19's comment:

Some of us have a little more focus and energy,  I guess.  Either that, or our love of the game of hockey supercedes the feeling of marriage to one club.  I'm not married to the B's.  We've been going steady for a while, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the beauty of others.

Like BHab.  He's a beauty.

And RWTK.  Hes a beautiful hockey mind.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

And RWTK.  Hes a beautiful hockey mind.  

Just ask him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Same as Golden9x2.......Providence

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Boston & Roughriders...I figure that is enough heartache for one lifetime.  ( only CFL fans will know about my Roughriders, also known as "next years team" )

I HATE the Schabs, but don't really care about any other NHL team. If I do watch, I hope it's a game played well enough that I want to watch it...I'm too easy to go A.D.D. on a game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

The Red Wings. My wife's favorite team so i watch every one of their games anyway. Tremendous skill, excellent coaching and a classy bunch.  Datsyuk is the most interesting player to watch in the league. Hard team not to like if you watch them.

But, I HATE that they are moving to the East. I've never had to worry about them giving the B's fits more than once a year, but now... ugh. And it's gonna cause tension in my house.  I can't imagine what happens if they meet in the playoffs.

There won't be any issues if they meet in the playoffs.  You'll just quit on the Bruins like you did last year.

I hope he doesn't ....But I heard he got both ankles tapped up just in case, as he heard they put a new motor in this year's bandwagon and it goes a bit faster.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Boston & Roughriders...I figure that is enough heartache for one lifetime.  ( only CFL fans will know about my Roughriders, also known as "next years team" )

I HATE the Schabs, but don't really care about any other NHL team. If I do watch, I hope it's a game played well enough that I want to watch it...I'm too easy to go A.D.D. on a game.

Ugh, not looking forward to the next two weeks with my hometown Bombers playing your boys in the Classic and the Banjo Bowl. Maybe the Blue and Gold can keep the combined loss to under 100 points over the two games. You want heartbreak? My favourite team in the Ti-cats, and my hometown team is the Bombers. Riders fans have no right to complain.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Now working just outside Regina, SK & they ARE FREAKIN' CRAZY ABOUT THEIR RIDERS!! Learned a whole appreciation for a Province that only has one pro team. They truly are fanatics at it's finest! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

I don't really care about the CFL but I love the Roughriders and their fans are amazing. I used to cheer for the Rough Riders out of Ottawa back in the 70's and early 80's but Ottawa is on their 3rd incarnation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I don't really have one second team. I have at times been a fan of a number of teams. These teams include the Red Wings, the Avalanche, the Coyotes, and after the Mighty Ducks movies I loved the Ducks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alsims. Show Alsims's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I don't really have one second team. I have at times been a fan of a number of teams. These teams include the Red Wings, the Avalanche, the Coyotes, and after the Mighty Ducks movies I loved the Ducks.

Whoever happens to be playing against Montreal(besides the Bruins of course) is my second favorite team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I'm also one who doesn't have a second NHL team. I do however have teams on my hate list if they are a threat to the Bruins, and that changes year to year. Last year that was Montreal during the regular season and Pittsburgh during the playoffs.

Before today's technology (no matter where you live you can watch any NHL game), I used to like teams where I lived as you didn't have a choice (unless you had a satellite dish). For me that used to be the Oilers during the Gretzky years. But since I no longer live there, I don't really have an interest in that team. Ditto San Jose, Chicago, and yes ... Montreal.

Sections
Shortcuts