Everyones 2nd team.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: Everyones 2nd team.

Easier to go the other way for me.  Of course Montreal is at the top of the list(must say though, they're harder to despise when they aren't winning the cup every 7 out of 10 years).  Philly(still remember 74 and 75 vividly).  For some reason Ottawa ranks up there even though I always liked Alfie.  Pittsburgh is trending well in this direction.  #2 used to be the Rangers, but when Espo went there, and Park and Ratelle came over here...kind of messed that up.

Always liked Chicago(Hull bros,  Whitey and Stapleton), and Detroit(Gordie Howe was the first NHLer I ever saw in person), but my favorite non Bruin team, Toronto.  Before Bobby Orr came along, my favorite player was Dave Keon. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

In response to Klaas' comment:

I'm also one who doesn't have a second NHL team. I do however have teams on my hate list if they are a threat to the Bruins, and that changes year to year. Last year that was Montreal during the regular season and Pittsburgh during the playoffs.

Before today's technology (no matter where you live you can watch any NHL game), I used to like teams where I lived as you didn't have a choice (unless you had a satellite dish). For me that used to be the Oilers during the Gretzky years. But since I no longer live there, I don't really have an interest in that team. Ditto San Jose, Chicago, and yes even Montreal.

just wondering how many ppl who post here are from mass and how many are from canada?

Nova Scotia.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'd say about half the posters are in Mass, and half are from the rest of the States and Canada. I'm currently in BC, but I'm a Manitoban.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Wrong, Red. I'd say 80% of posters are from Canada (and no big deal to me), with a handful of posters who either grew up or are from MA. One big hint is how Canadians spell certain words ... examples are defenceman (instead of defenseman) and offence (instead of offense).

And Marco, provinces like Nova Scotia and New Brunswick are also Bruins territory (as well as Canadiens territory).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'd say it was about 50/50 Klaas. I think you underestimate how many people are around Boston here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Id say 30 percent are from mass.  I know most of the regulars arent from mass.   If you think of the top 10-20 people here that are here daily i would say maybe 3-4 are mass.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I would say Chicago has been my 2nd team most consistently. Flirted with the Blues a few times too.

It was the Whale for a while waaaaay back starting with their WHL start as the New England Whalers. It was as easy for me to drive to Hartford as Boston and tix were cheaper so I'd hit a few games/year other than when the Bruins were in town. Those games were rather sad as there were more B's sweaters in the stands than green and white. Once they bolted for the South I lost all interest. That they survived as long as they did in freakin Hartford, CT, basically smack diddly dab in the middle of Bruin country was part of the attraction for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Time for another 'Where are you from?/Where do you live?" thread?

Always interesting.

Aside from Olympic and WJC time, I love the fact that there are so many Canadians here.

Thank you, Mr. Orr.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Canada sucks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yer just cranky because the heat is literally boiling your brain in its brainpan.

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If the plural of beer is beer, you're from Canada.

And yes Book, FL is brutal in the summer of course.  NAS just cools off by having a couple smokes though.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Time for another 'Where are you from?/Where do you live?" thread?

Always interesting.

Aside from Olympic and WJC time, I love the fact that there are so many Canadians here.

Thank you, Mr. Orr.

so u must be from MaSs.

Guilty.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Canada sucks.

Without Canada your hockey viewing enjoyment would be the equivalent of watching the CFL or WNBA.   

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Canada sucks.

Without Canada your hockey viewing enjoyment would be the equivalent of watching the CFL or WNBA.  

What about curling and canoeing...Are they more fun to watch ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yer just cranky because the heat is literally boiling your brain in its brainpan.

It's unbearable here during the day.  It's half past 11 at night right now and it's 85 and muggy out...so it's not that bad.  It actually makes going to the games at places like the Saveology difficult because it's rink temperature inside, but to get inside you have to be outside first.  Your choices are sweat to death and then be cool(er) and then freeze your figs off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Canada sucks.

As long as Harper is PM !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Canada sucks.

What about curling and canoeing...Are they more fun to watch ?

What about roller derby and bowling.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Carolina Hurricanes, probably because of Eric Staal and Cam Ward.  Generally I am neutral on second team choices, most hated teams in the NHL is long including the Black Hawks although further down the list from Montreal.  Detriot gets admiration. 

UNH Wildcats, the perennial frustration equal to the old Red Sox. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

I am a liitle surprised! I was under the impression that everyone here was a Bruins fan. interesting

I'm with you I'm from Canada and only cheer for the Bruin's.This second team stuff is all crap.

Sections
Shortcuts