Evgeni Malkin suffers serious knee injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Evgeni Malkin suffers serious knee injury

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2011-02-05/evgeni-malkin-suffers-serious-knee-injury

Edit: suffered a torn MCL and ACL seeking second opinion..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Evgeni Malkin suffers serious knee injury

I have no source and this is just speculation on my part, but I think he is done for the year and has played his last game in a Penguins uniform

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Wow, the season is taking its toll on a few Eastern teams, and this injury is really going to hurt the Pens. They've done well despite the Stall and Crosby injuries.

I don't mind the Penguins (I see about 40 of their games per year) it's just Philly I can't stand. And the Flyers are looking stronger by the day. I'd love to see Laviolette coaching the B's ...

Sorry for the Pennsylvania rant. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I agree Malkin's done for the year, but why do you think he's played his last game in a Penguins uniform? They have him signed until 2015 with a no movement clause. I'm thinking the exact opposite. He's stuck in a Penguins uniform, because nobody is going to trade for a player with a CAP hit of $8.7M coming off a major knee injury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Wow, that really changes things in the East.. might make it harder for the Bruins in terms a a trade (since I would expect Pittsburgh to be looking now too!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Evgeni Malkin suffers serious knee injury:
    Wow, the season is taking its toll on a few Eastern teams, and this injury is really going to hurt the Pens. They've done well despite the Stall and Crosby injuries. I don't mind the Penguins (I see about 40 of their games per year) it's just Philly I can't stand. And the Flyers are looking stronger by the day. I'd love to see Laviolette coaching the B's ... Sorry for the Pennsylvania rant. 
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

I'm the complete opposite. Philly has always been my 2nd favorite team after boston. I cant stand pittsburgh, especially their delusional fanbase that tries to act as if they are loyal diehards

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I agree Malkin's done for the year, but why do you think he's played his last game in a Penguins uniform? They have him signed until 2015 with a no movement clause. I'm thinking the exact opposite. He's stuck in a Penguins uniform, because nobody is going to trade for a player with a CAP hit of $8.7M coming off a major knee injury.
    Posted by captainbergeron

Malkin is still a world class player. Many teams would be calling shero's phone if hes made availible, which I think will happen.

I just think that Pitt wants to stop wasting staal and make him a #2 center and also I think Malkin doesnt want to play second fiddle to crosby while entering his prime

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Good point Screw ... I think Staal (thanks for correcting my spelling) has been under utilized as a third center. With Malkin going down, though, it will be that much harder to move Malkin-- assuming Pittsburgh even wanted to trade him. Once Brad Richards leaves Dallas, there will be an opening for a 1A center there (though there is Malkin's contract). Edmonton has a need, cap space and a likely package (a low first rounder plus either Hemsky or Penner) but I can't imagine Malkin approving a deal there if a he has a NTC.

Toronto needs a 1A center and they'll likely have a top 7 pick in the draft to deal for Malkin... oh wait.

You're also right on the fan base here. They tend to be a little fickle and bandwagon-ish. Still, after last season I doubly hate the Flyers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

In Response to Re: Evgeni Malkin suffers serious knee injury : Malkin is still a world class player. Many teams would be calling shero's phone if hes made availible, which I think will happen. I just think that Pitt wants to stop wasting staal and make him a #2 center and also I think Malkin doesnt want to play second fiddle to crosby while entering his prime
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

I agree the Penguins would prefer Staal on the second line, but Malkin plays wing as well and can be good security incase you have an injury to one of your top 2 centers. He could easily slide over and temporarily fill the void.

I've also got the impression that Malkin doesn't like to be put in the spot light. I think he likes to fly under the radar while everyone focuses on Crosby. I know his stats arn't bad with Crosby out of the lineup, but if a team depended on his production to carry the them, similar to Kessel in Toronto, I think he'd be less comfortable and less productive. Again this is all speculative on my part.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Malkin going down rastically hurts the Pens chances of winning.  But they likely will add two wingers now and have the Crosby/Staal show with a few hired guns.  Maybe Hemsky or Penner or Kovalev.

I had Pitt winning the cup until this happened.  Maybe this is the Canucks year. 
    And now would be an ideal time for the Bruins to load up for a cup run.  Our current roster is not near good enough. 

Sections
Shortcuts