Ex-Girlfriends

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ex-Girlfriends

When it's over, it's over.  There is always a reason it's over.  Later, you think about her and you remember a lot of good things, but tend to gloss over the bad things.  And then you get back together with her.  And all of the things that caused the initial breakup return.  And it's a mess.  And you break up again.

Please keep this in mind when suggesting:

Miro Satan
    Mark Recchi
    Brian Rolston
    Michael Ryder
    Any other player that used to play in Boston but no longer does.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dougie_Spamilton. Show Dougie_Spamilton's posts

Re: Ex-Girlfriends

How many goals did Ryder score last year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Any of my old ex-girlfriends + Tommy Cross + a 5th round pick for Corey Perry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Good point NAS, but doesn't perspective change when your new girfriend is just average? Sometimes it's better to have a relationship with higher highs and lower lows than one with no spark at all.

Put it this way - would you rather go on a passionate but ill-fated playoff run to Tahiti with Ryder, or visit Epcot with Chris Bourque? One of those options could be epic. The other will be depressing but at least they have churros. I'd rather live a little....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Dougie_Spamilton's comment: How many goals did Ryder score last year?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You don't know how to look the stats up ?

Or

You don't know why Ryder scores more goals in Dallas ?

@Asmaha- How many ex-girlfrieds have changed when you've brought them back in the fold ?

(Yes Red I know it works both ways, a two way street..and that would also be part of my answer.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Good point NAS, but doesn't perspective change when your new girfriend is just average? Sometimes it's better to have a relationship with higher highs and lower lows than one with no spark at all.

Put it this way - would you rather go on a passionate but ill-fated playoff run to Tahiti with Ryder, or visit Epcot with Chris Bourque? One of those options could be epic. The other will be depressing but at least they have churros. I'd rather live a little....

If they were the only two girls left on the planet, this makes sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

When it's over, it's over.  There is always a reason it's over.  Later, you think about her and you remember a lot of good things, but tend to gloss over the bad things.  And then you get back together with her.  And all of the things that caused the initial breakup return.  And it's a mess.  And you break up again.

Please keep this in mind when suggesting:

Miro Satan
    Mark Recchi
    Brian Rolston
    Michael Ryder
    Any other player that used to play in Boston but no longer does.

This probably the dumbest post you ever wrote!! I suggest Michael Ryder you big goof; so there. He's better than Chris Bourque! Gawd, you can be asinine jerk-of sometimes! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I call it e-harmony.  Crowls refers to these guys as "binkies".  NAS is not alone in suggesting that maybe - just maybe - reality is more valuable than familiarity when looking at possible roster moves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Can we add Wheeler to the list. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I call it e-harmony.  Crowls refers to these guys as "binkies".  NAS is not alone in suggesting that maybe - just maybe - reality is more valuable than familiarity when looking at possible roster moves.

Well the reality is right now we have Chris Bourque & his big one point & the whole 3rd line is a minus! Reality is that Ryder had some chemistry with Kelly & Peverly & we won the cup! That's the reality I know.  Ever hear of clearing the air? Wiping the slate clean.....Giving it a 2nd shot, because there was some success the first time? That does happen for people in reality ya know Book. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Let's all agree that depth is a long-term issue, and at the same time it's better to move ahead and not go back to familiar faces. I mean, c'mon...this was posted earlier:

Today’s lineup:

Milan Lucic/Brad Marchand-David Krejci-Tyler Seguin
    Rich Peverley-Patrice Bergeron-Nathan Horton
    Chris Bourque-Chris Kelly-Jamie Tardif/Jay Pandolfo
    Daniel Paille/Lane MacDermid-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Anyone else get the feeling that Kelly must've run over Julien's dog or something? That 3rd line is a horror story. Paging Mr. Morrow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Just a reminder:

We live in a salary cap world and Ryder's contract is higher than Bourque's. Ryder didn't do too much execpt be the dog when he didn't produce. Kaberle was also a piece of the Stanley Cup puzzle. Would you want him back at a cheaper rate? I think not

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Let's all agree that depth is a long-term issue, and at the same time it's better to move ahead and not go back to familiar faces. I mean, c'mon...this was posted earlier:

Anyone else get the feeling that Kelly must've run over Julien's dog or something? That 3rd line is a horror story. Paging Mr. Morrow.

I'd take Morrow, but how do you know he'd work with Kelly & Peverly? With Ryder there was success. So what the heck is wrong with familar faces. The incredible NAS & the wonderful Bookboy & now you are so against bringing Ryder back. Well, if Dallas is willing to part with him & the B's can get him for a run..Did Ryder not have more success then Chris Bourque, or Benoit? I mean Bourque could still come around. I'm not saying to do this immediately, but at the deadline. The incredible NAS says we won't get Weiss, Arnott is too old, Ryder isn't wanted....But we're OK staying the course with the 3rd line. If he & Book have some other great idea's about what the B's could do I'd love to be enlightened & see them. But, no they just put everyone else's suggestions down & don't come up with their own. That's what PO's a lot of people in here. They call someone's post "weak", or stupid, or ridiculous, but they give no reason, or counter with something of their own. Like their scared they'll be knocked down the same way they knock other's when they share their idea's. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:

Just a reminder:

We live in a salary cap world and Ryder's contract is higher than Bourque's. Ryder didn't do too much execpt be the dog when he didn't produce. Kaberle was also a piece of the Stanley Cup puzzle. Would you want him back at a cheaper rate? I think not

Really??? It is....Maybe because Bourque hasn't done anything in the league to warrant Ryder money?  Ryder's contract is done July,1. Who said he needed to come back next season. I'm talking about a deadline aquisition.

And what he did in 2011? He tied the game against the Habs in game 3, got an OT winner in game 4. Got 3 pts in one period against T.B when Seguin got 4. Kaberle got 11 assist in the play-offs. I bet no one can remember one of them that sticks! So there's a HUGE difference between the 2 players. Let's stick with comparing apples here. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Really??? It is....Maybe because Bourque hasn't done anything in the league to warrant Ryder money?  Ryder's contract is done July,1. Who said he needed to come back next season. I'm talking about a deadline aquisition.

And what he did in 2011? He tied the game against the Habs in game 3, got an OT winner in game 4. Got 3 pts in one period against T.B when Seguin got 4. Kaberle got 11 assist in the play-offs. I bet no one can remember one of them that sticks! So there's a HUGE difference between the 2 players. Let's stick with comparing apples here. 

Considering the standings (B's at top of the division, one point out of top of the conference with two games in hand, why make any moves right now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This probably the dumbest post you ever wrote!! I suggest Michael Ryder you big goof; so there. He's better than Chris Bourque! Gawd, you can be asinine jerk-of sometimes! 

I agree that he's better than Chris Bourque.  What do you think it will take to get a player who is tied for the lead in goals for his team?  To acquire Bourque, the B's ditched a terrible player.  And while Bourque isn't lighting up the scoreboard, he's not a disaster and he's not making the Bruins lose.

Why does that make me an asinine jerk-off?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Considering the standings (B's at top of the division, one point out of top of the conference with two games in hand, why make any moves right now?

I didn't say NOW. I said IF the 3rd line is still invisible & they need help shoring it up at the deadline. I said Bourque deserves 10 games. If he's still not producing, then you give someone else a turn. I don't care about the 3rd line while the B's win & they're not causing a huge effect on the B's overall play. However, this team is supposed to have depth & the depth part isn't going so well. Come deadline, I don't think Ryder is that terrible of a choice to try & get that line going. IF he's available & IF the B's don't have to give up much to bring him back. Dallas may love guy & re-sign him for another 5 yrs. Good on him, but to have this much anti-Ryderism & not come up with another option is crazy. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I agree that he's better than Chris Bourque.  What do you think it will take to get a player who is tied for the lead in goals for his team?  To acquire Bourque, the B's ditched a terrible player.  And while Bourque isn't lighting up the scoreboard, he's not a disaster and he's not making the Bruins lose.

Why does that make me an asinine jerk-of

NO NAS! It's your demeaner & how you come across on other people's idea's & don't take it personal. It's like we'd be at a bar having a typical hockey disagreement OK? Then, I'd come at you with that comment. This isn't the first time I called you a jerk - of, or asinine, maybe both at the same time is new, but don't get all crazy on me. You know where you stand with me, so relax.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I didn't say NOW. I said IF the 3rd line is still invisible & they need help shoring it up at the deadline. I said Bourque deserves 10 games. If he's still not producing, then you give someone else a turn. I don't care about the 3rd line while the B's win & they're not causing a huge effect on the B's overall play. However, this team is supposed to have depth & the depth part isn't going so well. Come deadline, I don't think Ryder is that terrible of a choice to try & get that line going. IF he's available & IF the B's don't have to give up much to bring him back. Dallas may love guy & re-sign him for another 5 yrs. Good on him, but to have this much anti-Ryderism & not come up with another option is crazy. 

I don't offer any ideas because it's STUPID.  There are a million and one things that will happen between now and the deadline.  Who knows who will be available?  Why waste time getting in depth on names pulled from a hat?

The team's depth isn't going so well?  How many games have they lost due to a lack of depth?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't offer any ideas because it's STUPID.  There are a million and one things that will happen between now and the deadline.  Who knows who will be available?  Why waste time getting in depth on names pulled from a hat?

The team's depth isn't going so well?  How many games have they lost due to a lack of depth?

NAS when was the last time the whole 3rd line was a minus & had a total of 7 pts? You're not hearing me buddy. The 3rd line isn't causing a concern for me now. In the play-offs though the Bruins had that 3rd line depth that kicked in when the other 2 weren't going. Last yr I believe it was the B's 3rd line that helped the B's tie a game, or win it for them against the Caps. If the Bruins would've had one of the other 2 lines going better. It may not have gone to 7 games & the B's would've advanced. That's my whole point. The B's won the cup on depth & the depth was going. Right now they're winning without it, but the play-offs they'll need to have that depth. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dougie_Spamilton. Show Dougie_Spamilton's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Dougie_Spamilton's comment: How many goals did Ryder score last year?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You don't know how to look the stats up ?

Or

You don't know why Ryder scores more goals in Dallas ?

You mad?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I would love to add Ryder at the deadline.  He knows the system and coach and should be able to redevelop chemistry Kelly and Peverly easily.  I hope he is available when the deadline comes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Is Tim Brent available?  

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The only "ex-girlfriend" I'd like to see the Bruins add either at the deadline or in the offseason is Mark Stuart. Solid, reliable and affordable depth d-man who has proven he can be effective in Julien's system. Unlike the others mentioned, there was never an issue with his play or his role here. He left in a hockey trade.