Ex-Girlfriends

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Ex-Girlfriends

Yup!, mostly banter on trades, a value  only in seeing what others view as improvement on a team.  Oh yes, the team is great but I will take the Belichickian approach with a remark that "we can get better" game in and game out.  So my suggestions were made with the full knowlege that freeing up TT's contract does mean cap space.  Injuries and poor play will make PC move on the extra cap space.  So any trade talk is banter but interesting even to the lightest of thinkers.  The ego trippers are correct, "she looks so lovely until she is in bed with you" or "she is so beautiful but she is a celebrity". They incorrect though in a team is need of a "face lift" when necessary.  Did I stay with the topic line btw?  Hehe. 

Personally Mark Steit would be perfect for the team imo.  Very doable and I would not be surprized if one found out PC was speaking specifically to Garth about his services.  Too early though for Snow to move!  

In response to asmaha's comment:

If you don't like trade talk threads, don't read them. Let anyone who enjoys trade talk have at it. They can be laughed at for their trade ideas, but no reason to get all pissy just because it's fun to imagine other guys in black & gold and what it would take to get them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

This was a really good comparison as far as posters and their trade thoughts. They don't know what else is out there so they desire back what's familiar to them. 

Ex-Girlfriends .............nailed it .

And for those who take offense with me for agreeing with that, you can now go all nutty on me too. You have my permission.

Although I do agree with a certain element of your premise... throwing silly names out there is just as useless as re-reading endless quotes in each new post, but come on man..do YOU know who is REALLY available for trade discussions? Its ALL speculation. A monkey can look at a list of players whose contract is up at the end of the season and choose a name. I dont mind condescension, but at least have something...

[/QUOTE]

Did you trade hockey cards as a kid also ?

When it comes to rumours and reports of trade possibilities from the media I take notice. Sometimes those trades happen.

When Tom, Dick or Harry from BDC make up the B's should get players x,y,z I'm thinking the chances of those players ever wearing a Bruins jersey hover at about 0%. 

That method of thinking hasn't failed me yet.

Is that .......something enough for you Nutty ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If only it was possible to ignore the e-harmony posts by just skipping one thread.  The problem is that they 'jack every thread after a certain point.  There should be an internet rule about it.  Got a thread going about whether or not Jordan Caron should get a shot at that third line spot?  Jacked by a forty post long digression about Ryder.  Got a thread about interesting things going on around the league?  Here come the comments about how the Bruins should go get player X who is playing well/playing uncharacteristically poorly and so will be available for a bag of Funions.  The logical end of almost all of it is "The Bruins should find a way to get Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Doughty, Weber, Toews, Ryan, blah blah blah" like you're assembling the Olympic all-star team.  It's rarely ever new material.

Now, Tim Brent....Funniest thing about Brent other than his prominence on BDC is that Anaheim drafted him twice - let him go back in the draft after he wanted big money, then took him again twice as deep into the draft (37th then 75th, I think).  And paid him in Funions. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

If only it was possible to ignore the e-harmony posts by just skipping one thread.  The problem is that they 'jack every thread after a certain point.  There should be an internet rule about it.  Got a thread going about whether or not Jordan Caron should get a shot at that third line spot?  Jacked by a forty post long digression about Ryder.  Got a thread about interesting things going on around the league?  Here come the comments about how the Bruins should go get player X who is playing well/playing uncharacteristically poorly and so will be available for a bag of Funions.  The logical end of almost all of it is "The Bruins should find a way to get Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Doughty, Weber, Toews, Ryan, blah blah blah" like you're assembling the Olympic all-star team.  It's rarely ever new material.

Now, Tim Brent....Funniest thing about Brent other than his prominence on BDC is that Anaheim drafted him twice - let him go back in the draft after he wanted big money, then took him again twice as deep into the draft (37th then 75th, I think).  And paid him in Funions. 

Thanks for that Book. I sincerely had no idea why Tim Brent was/is supposed to be funny. I knew the boys kept saying it was an inside joke so I was quite pleased to be left on the outside looking in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

When it comes to rumours and reports of trade possibilities from the media I take notice. Sometimes those trades happen.

When Tom, Dick or Harry from BDC make up the B's should get players x,y,z I'm thinking the chances of those players ever wearing a Bruins jersey hover at about 0%. 

Underlined would have sufficed- It was a query, it wasnt a flame on my part. If you want to wait until something is in print from the media before commenting on it thats cool, but some enjoy being hockey-creative with greater and lesser fiction involved.  Avoid it, why annoy yourself needlessly on Crosby for Carter Camper threads?

PS. No i didnt trade hockey cards, I played poker for them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Underlined would have sufficed- It was a query, it wasnt a flame on my part. If you want to wait until something is in print from the media before commenting on it thats cool, but some enjoy being hockey-creative with greater and lesser fiction involved.  Avoid it, why annoy yourself needlessly on Crosby for Carter Camper threads?

PS. No i didnt trade hockey cards, I played poker for them.

And I do. 

P.S. You played poker for hockey cards as a kid ? Interesting upbringing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I always end up sleeping with ex-girlfriends.  It's so easy to pick up where you left off.  No new systems to learn.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Isn't there a country song "How can I miss you if you won't leave?"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

BB if there isn't there should be. Go write it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Close - it's "How can I miss you if you won't go away?" by Dan Hicks.  Country is not my genre of choice....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Chowdah nice ad hominim, jack off. Ever see the World Series of Poker? 21 year olds win it every year. Been playing it since I was 15.. and collecting hockey cards. Douche.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Chowdah nice ad hominim, jack off. Ever see the World Series of Poker? 21 year olds win it every year. Been playing it since I was 15.. and collecting hockey cards. Douche.

Interesting how the two are tied together. You playing poker as a kid with hockey cards and World Series poker players who are actually good at it. 

Thanks for your bio. Keep me updated on your road from poker hockey card betting as a kid to becoming a millionaire.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Close - it's "How can I miss you if you won't go away?" by Dan Hicks.  Country is not my genre of choice....

I'm guessing heavy metal and you like playing air guitar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Thanks for your bio. Keep me updated on your road from poker hockey card betting as a kid to becoming a millionaire.

I surely will, as long as you keep me updated on how your travails as a intellectually gifted, pseudo-keyboard tough guy is working out for you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It looks like all fanbases crush on "ex-grilfriends" LRH wants Rask back ;)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to red75's comment:

It looks like all fanbases crush on "ex-grilfriends" LRH wants Rask back ;)

Red, That's more like the one he never had.lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Red, That's more like the one he never had.lol

Unrequited love cuts the deepest. You should listen to my friends out here on the Left Coast talk about Neely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm guessing heavy metal and you like playing air guitar.

I like a lot of stuff, some of it metal but not a lot of it.  But we've had a number of music discussions on here before - no need to go there.  Except to say that I play a real guitar.

I just play if very very poorly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Ex-girlfriend Brad Boyes has been mentioned on a few threads (not here, it seems) as a possible e-harmony target.

Last night's stats:

15:30 even strength TOI

4:34 PP TOI

0:01(!) PK TOI

2 shots on goal

minus 3 (+/- )

...and barely heard his name mentioned.

Is he done?