Expiring Contract: Who Stays?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Expiring Contract: Who Stays?

Where do people find a spot for Zanon? I'm just not seeing it. The expectation is Hamilton is on the team next year, why give Zanon a 2 year $2+ million deal to be a 7th defenseman. Krug kid looked like he could fill that role.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Expiring Contract: Who Stays?:
    [QUOTE]Must keep Rask Probably keep (if at same price) Kelly Campbell Depends on who else is available Pouliot  Zanon Paille Under rated Motteau Gone for sure Corvo Gone unless he takes a $4 million paycut Rolston
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I think Kelly and Campbell are very worthwhile as 3rd/4th liners.  They provide good depth and should be retained.

Rask aside of course, the rest I could more or less take or leave.  Pouliot had his moments but isn't a top 6 forward.  Paille has some value as a 4th liner but can be replaced or upgraded. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Expiring Contract: Who Stays?:
    [QUOTE]As long as Zanon stays a 7th D man I agree Biss. The problem is that he is coming off a $2.1 million per year contract which is very expensive for a spare part. Especially since Krecji, Peverely, Thornton, Boychuk, and McQuaid are getting substantial raises next year. http://nhlnumbers.com/teams/BOS?year=2012 Then after next year Seguin, Lucic, Marchand, Horton, Ference, and TT are up for new contracts. Something has to give.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    I won't be surprised if only 1 D-man is re-signed. I'm thinking Mottau, believe it or not. Looking at who's already signed for next year, there's really only the 6-7 slots on D that are up for grabs. As you've stated, Zanon might be a little overpriced to shuffle between the ice and the press box. I think they plan to give Krug and Hamilton a real shot at taking the 6 slot in camp so I can't see PC spending much on a #7. He could also get creative and try to move/upgrade Ference but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

With the disappointing play of Krejci & Lucic in this series, it's time to move one of these guys this offseason. Lucic looked very slow and mistake prone for the second straight postseason. The playoff speed has looked to be just too fast for him to be effective whatsoever. 

These two combined will be $9.25M against the cap next season and Marchand, Seguin, Rask & Lucic are all going into RFA status by 2013 season. What would a Thomas/Lucic package bring?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

Tuukka is definitely staying (TT gets traded)

I want to keep Kelly but I have a feeling some other team will give him more than the Bs can reasonably offer.

I thought Pouliot was a UFA, but once I heard this morning that he's an RFA, I say either keep him at 10% raise (1.25 millionish), or trade him for whatever.

I wouldn't mind Zanon or Motteau as 7th d-man at the right price.

Rolston is gone.  The others I don't really care one way or the other.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

Keep Tuukka

Keep one: Kelly or Campbell (I like both players)

See ya later: Pallie, Pouliot, Zannon, Motteau, Rolston.

Consider offers for Thomas at the deadline. (Because he is valuable and I think it will be highest at the deadline)

Consider offers for Krejci. (because he is valuable) 

I like most of these players and I think this is how it will play out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Expiring Contract: Who Stays?:
    [QUOTE]Pouliot, Kelly, Paille, Campbell, Rolston, Zanon, Motteau, Corvo, and Rask. Who is worth keeping?
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Rask and Kelly,that's about it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Dez, you are thinking the right way, and it is obvious that Mottau played with more sense than either Corvo or Zanon, plus they are npricy for what they bring. Ference was dragging during the Caps games, and was beaten by fast forwards repeatedly. Maybe he was also injured, but it is a question. Both Hamilton and the Michigan kid could be the answer on defense. Up front, Pouliot developed over the year, he has size, speed, but zero consistency. Why Peter resigned Thornton could be the biggest question in the summer. Rolston isn't a very solid answer; Peverly is best as a third line hustler; will Horton return is still questionable; Peter has been moving toward Rask/Khudobin for the past year, and Timmy is styill valuable in a trade; Kreji's skills are immense, when he uses them. Might be time to test the trade waters; Like to keep Kelly, but both Campbell and Paille are expendable.

Sections
Shortcuts