Extend Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Extend Thornton

Give him atleast 1 more year, this guy has bruin written all over him. Only a blind person could not see his positive contribution to the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Extend Thornton

In Response to Extend Thornton:
    Give him atleast 1 more year, this guy has bruin written all over him. Only a blind person could not see his positive contribution to the team.
    Posted by pauly1

Nice one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

As 13th forward please to be used very sparingly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Posted by pauly1

I like #22 too, and also hope he stays, but you better hope NAS doesn't drop in on this thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanbdm. Show seanbdm's posts

I like Thornton too you need a guy like him on your team always willing and sticks up for his teamates.  Can actually play the game and chips in once and a while 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Extend Thornton:
    In Response to Extend Thornton : I like #22 too, and also hope he stays, but you better hope NAS doesn't drop in on this thread.
    Posted by BigChara
    F###k Nas. He's living in his own fantasy land.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No worries, pauly1.  I'm sure keeping the soon to be 33 year old goon locked up is a priority.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

No worries, pauly1.  I'm sure keeping the soon to be 33 year old goon locked up is a priority.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot
    Sure hope so....only 1 extra year at a time though.
    Gotta luv those goons that can actualy play the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

8yrs/54 million off the top of my head.  I mean he has 2 cup rings so he is better than Ovie.  Sign him now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Shupe, your sarcasm is dripping

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Everyone loves Thorny, especially in Boston's North End gymnasiums. In addition, Fluto plays him up because Thorny gives Fluto lots of commentary. If Thorny could control the puck; reverse and crossover with out using the entire rink; handle a pass in the offensive zone; find one opposing wing who is slower; he might not have outlived his usefullness. Otherwise the nod goes to Clark, Pouliot, Paille, Caron, or even Mc Dermid [ back from Providence].

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Extend Thornton : I like #22 too, and also hope he stays, but you better hope NAS doesn't drop in on this thread.
    Posted by BigChara

oooo the big bad NAS... you have your opinion and he has his.  Unless you agree with him or he's your buddy no need to bring up his name. 
    It's not like pauly or others need his approval or vice-versa.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe, your sarcasm is dripping
    Posted by bogie6

What?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Extend Thornton : What?
    Posted by shuperman

I think someone has a crush on you Shupe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

8yrs/54 million off the top of my head.  I mean he has 2 cup rings so he is better than Ovie.  Sign him now.
    Posted by shuperman

Listen, the guy is a winner.  He has two Cup rings.  Obviously that means he's a great, great hockey player.

You know, back when he was in that barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois, they won a big competition also.

Sign him.  Now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Extend Thornton : Listen, the guy is a winner.  He has two Cup rings.  Obviously that means he's a great, great hockey player. You know, back when he was in that barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois, they won a big competition also. Sign him.  Now.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

This thread reminds me and I've been meaning to mention this for a while.  I really don't like the term "skating clown".  It really isn't that descriptive of the kind of comedy they participate in and doesn't roll off the tongue that easy.

I agree it is comic relief.
    It's slap stick comedy, people are getting hurt or at least appear to be.
    So who are the most famous slap stick clowns, ever?

The stooges!!

No more skating clown, how about skating stooge?

Sounds better, it rhymes or has alliteration or something like that.

Take it under advisement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Extend Thornton : Listen, the guy is a winner.  He has two Cup rings.  Obviously that means he's a great, great hockey player. You know, back when he was in that barbershop quartet in Skokie, Illinois, they won a big competition also. Sign him.  Now.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Zing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I do not dislike Thornton nor do I think of him as a clown. I also don't think NAS thinks of Shawn as an actual clown, more of a term to get a reaction. I think for the limited amount of skills Thornton has with the amount of TOI he gets per night he does an ok job.

However I think every third night Clark, Pouliot and/or Thornton could sit in favor of Arniel, Sauve or MacDermind for development purposes. If Shawn Thornton is still on this team then prospects aren't getting their chances.

So I say know to an extension.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I do not dislike Thornton nor do I think of him as a clown. I also don't think NAS thinks of Shawn as an actual clown, more of a term to get a reaction. I think for the limited amount of skills Thornton has with the amount of TOI he gets per night he does an ok job. However I think every third night Clark, Pouliot and/or Thornton could sit in favor of Arniel, Sauve or MacDermind for development purposes. If Shawn Thornton is still on this team then prospects aren't getting their chances. So I say know to an extension.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I can live with this breakdown.  Good job

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Extend Thornton, as a coach.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by RawrBear

boxing coach?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In Response to Re: Extend Thornton : boxing coach?
    Posted by BadHabitude

That or drinking coach.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'd even go two years. I honestly think Shawn Thornton was in better shape last year than he was his first year here. Theres probably gonna be a lot of young guys on the roster.

Posted by pauly1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I would not be upset if he were made an assistant coach in Providence 10 minutes after he retires in two or three years. Hell, throw him in the deep end let him be the head coach of Reading for a year or two. I don't think its a good idea to have him coaching in Boston for at least 5 or 6 years until there are far less guys who have played with him.

Posted by RawrBear

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Year to year is the way to go. Like the Wakefield of the B's. At his age and role it's hard to argue for more. No telling when his days are up? Multi years on a two way deal would seem to be good all around? He seems destined to end up in the area.

Sections
Shortcuts