Faceoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Faceoffs

This is something the Bruins have been very successful at all year long.  Obviously it leads to puck possession which leads to offense and fewer opponents' opportunities.   But they have been getting beat pretty badly in this series.  And it's rather surprising.  Even Bergeron hasn't dominated.  They need to do better in that aspect of the game if they want to win.

On a side note - is it me or has there been an extraordinary amount of players getting kicked out of the dot in this series?  I find myself constantly yelling at the tv (apparently the linesman still can't hear me) "drop the puck"!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Faceoffs

In Response to Faceoffs:
    [QUOTE]This is something the Bruins have been very successful at all year long.  Obviously it leads to puck possession which leads to offense and fewer opponents' opportunities.   But they have been getting beat pretty badly in this series.  And it's rather surprising.  Even Bergeron hasn't dominated.  They need to do better in that aspect of the game if they want to win. On a side note - is it me or has there been an extraordinary amount of players getting kicked out of the dot in this series?  I find myself constantly yelling at the tv (apparently the linesman still can't hear me) "drop the puck"!!!!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Jalvis, I also noticed one linesman last game who kept dropping the puck when only 1 guy was ready. I think some guys are getting kicked out on purpose now because you almost never see a penalty called for a 2nd guy on 1 team to get kicked out of the same face-off. I've seen the call made ONCE ever. No linesmen are willing to make that call so that essentially gives the 2nd guy in on a face-off free reign to do what they want. I say just drop the puck. Cheers! GO BRUINS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Faceoffs:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Faceoffs : Jalvis, I also noticed one linesman last game who kept dropping the puck when only 1 guy was ready. I think some guys are getting kicked out on purpose now because you almost never see a penalty called for a 2nd guy on 1 team to get kicked out of the same face-off. I've seen the call made ONCE ever. No linesmen are willing to make that call so that essentially gives the 2nd guy in on a face-off free reign to do what they want. I say just drop the puck. Cheers! GO BRUINS!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

It's been annoying....I guess I'm just impatient.  LOL!

Go B's!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Faceoffs : It's been annoying....I guess I'm just impatient.  LOL! Go B's!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    It's more of the same today. These guys need to quit screwing around and drop the puck. They're power-trippers. It's really the only "control" they have over the players and they make sure they lord it over them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bergeron has been fine on the draw overall.

Season:  59.3%
    Playoffs:  58.7%

Krejci isn't doing so well.

Season:  52%
    Playoffs:  44.7%

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Bergeron has been fine on the draw overall. Season:  59.3% Playoffs:  58.7% Krejci isn't doing so well. Season:  52% Playoffs:  44.7%
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

According to some impressive research done by Brian McNally of the Washington Examiner, Jay Beagle has an incredible 61.6 success rate in the faceoff circle (53-for-86). Even more impressive is that he’s won 13-of-21 faceoffs against Patrice Bergeron, who led the league in faceoff wins during the regular season.

Maybe that's why I recall Bergy not being that strong this series.....because Beagle's been so good against him.  But it's a moot point if he's not taking draws tonight.  Hopefully the Bruins can get the upperhand in the area of the game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bergeron injured is still better than most at faceoffs, game 5 he steeped in and beat Johansson rather soundly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Yeah.......I didn't mean this to turn into a Bergy-bashing thread.  I just didn't think that Bergeron had been particularly strong in this series.  NAS had the numbers saying that he had been good.  Then I saw the stats about Beagle against him and it got me thinking that that's what I was probably focusing on. 

I expect Bergy won't take many faceoffs if he's still not 100%.  But I think he'll still take most of the really important ones.  And, thank god, because you're right.  Even not at 100% he's still very good.  Hopefully everyone else can have a strong night as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah.......I didn't mean this to turn into a Bergy-bashing thread.  I just didn't think that Bergeron had been particularly strong in this series.  NAS had the numbers saying that he had been good.  Then I saw the stats about Beagle against him and it got me thinking that that's what I was probably focusing on.  I expect Bergy won't take many faceoffs if he's still not 100%.  But I think he'll still take most of the really important ones.  And, thank god, because you're right.  Even not at 100% he's still very good.  Hopefully everyone else can have a strong night as well.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Jalvis, what I've really noticed so far is how many face-offs are won by the wingers and D-men after the centers tie up. I think in games when guys like Marchand and Seguin aren't as hungry on the puck, then we're bound to see Bergeron and DK have off nights at the dots.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Peverley filled in quite well for Bergeron last game winning 13 of 24.  I'm expecting more of the same with bergeron only taking faceoffs if it is absolutley necessary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Faceoffs : Jalvis, what I've really noticed so far is how many face-offs are won by the wingers and D-men after the centers tie up. I think in games when guys like Marchand and Seguin aren't as hungry on the puck, then we're bound to see Bergeron and DK have off nights at the dots.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Sections
Shortcuts