Fan 590 Toronto just reported....get this

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Fan 590 Toronto just reported....get this

We are giving up more then I wanted to give.  It hurts, in a trade it's supposed to.  Time will tell but I hope he plays well and I hope the parameters for an extension are fairly close.  This is an expensive rental for sure.  More expensive then Versteeg by a fair amount, not that the two are easy to compare.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I've been backing up Chia since his arrival but if this is the deal that gets done, and I don't care how well Kaberle will play, this is grossly overpaying!

If this is the case, go after a cheaper rental (i.e. McCabe), let him walk in July, and sign Kaberle for nothing in return!!

I swear... This better not be true!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Declan26. Show Declan26's posts

Wait, can he clarify?

Did he say Colborne and "their" 1 round pick back???

Is that Boston's #1 pick, or Tor' #1 pick??

No way do I send them their pick back, not even if we could work out an extension for Kaberle, hell no

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

What is Colbourne, are people projecting him as a first line center?  Is he more or less valuable then a first round pick at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I could live with Colbourne being traded but not Spooner.You have to give something to get in return this could work for both sides.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I would have preferred sending our 1st Rounder and maybe a second or Stuart to St. Louis for Eric Brewer.....or Colborne. Stuart and the second round pick ....Kaberle is vastly over rated although he may help the PP which doesnt need Recchi the statue at the point..should be interesting to see how it pans out..as it is not quite a done deal

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Fan 590 Toronto just reported....get this:
    [QUOTE]I would have preferred sending our 1st Rounder and maybe a second or Stuart to St. Louis for Eric Brewer.....or Colborne. Stuart and the second round pick ....Kaberle is vastly over rated although he may help the PP which doesnt need Recchi the statue at the point..should be interesting to see how it pans out..as it is not quite a done deal
    Posted by golden9x2[/QUOTE]

That's fine but St. Louis may have a say in the trade parameters too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli will have Craig Cunningham, Jared Wright and Ryan Spooner at camp this September they will make everyone forget Joe. PC has done a good job retaining Free Agents so I'm not worried and Kaberle isn't going to demand 4Mil a year no way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Do it. Enough with the second-guessing. Do it. Show some stones. Get Kaberle and Kelly here, make a run and don't look back. There are plenty of other assets moving ahead. The farm system is loaded, they still have a #1 pick next year and another move (Stuart perhaps) will bring in more picks.

They've been building for this, but it;'s time to make a serious run this year and next. Do it!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Chiarelli will have Craig Cunningham, Jared Wright and Ryan Spooner at camp this September they will make everyone forget Joe. PC has done a good job retaining Free Agents so I'm not worried and Kaberle isn't going to demand 4Mil a year no way.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

The bloggers I follow have put his next contract at between 4 and 4.5.  Not a huge raise but not a pay cut either.  Take a look at Gonchar and I don't think those are bad numbers if he produces with the B's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]What is Colbourne, are people projecting him as a first line center?  Is he more or less valuable then a first round pick at this point.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

So to answer my own question people are still projecting Colbourne as a Potential first line center.  It's kind of funny though the projection reads much like the complaints I hear about Wheeler, per Dreger, "Highly touted prospect Joe Colborne's name has been speculated as a key element in the return. Colborne is a 6'6" centre playing with the Bruins' AHL team in Providence. He's a skilled forward with 12 goals and 26 points in 55 games this season. But Colborne relies on his skill and his critics say he plays more like a 5'10 forward and seldom uses his size."  There was another one more optimistic about his potential because Toronto was confident with coaching he would learn to play with his size but I can't remember where.  It may have been SDamien Cox.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think I am one of the biggest Chirelli suupporters on this board...and I say this is way over-paying.  I'm okay with Colborne, but there is no way a 1st round pick should be going the other way too.  Burke is getting redemption.  Ridiculous.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

And the chess game continues...that is projecting potential talent/upside..I dont know enough about Colborne to truly comment but he is young....so who knows..still hate to help out Toronto short or long term...especially short term relative to that # 1 pick...and really, St.Louis has a say in the matter huh?...intriguing concept that....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

If either of these guys get dealt for Kaberle Im all done with this team... these two guys are your top 6 guys of the future. Do NOT trade bodies in the farm! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]And the chess game continues...that is projecting potential talent/upside..I dont know enough about Colborne to truly comment but he is young....so who knows..still hate to help out Toronto short or long term...especially short term relative to that # 1 pick...and really, St.Louis has a say in the matter huh?...intriguing concept that....
    Posted by golden9x2[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you are right I thought Brewer was alot younger.  He's about the same age as Kaberle.  I don't know what exactly it would take, but certainly your proposed deal is not nearly as lopsided in the B's favor as I thought.

Based on his numbers though I think I would rather have Kaberle, even if Brewer is outstanding defensively that's not really our need.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

Guys,

this is ridiculous!  I understand the never-be-happy attitude on these boards, but come on.  Pretty sure Burke and Chiarelli don't check fan forums when setting the asking price for players.  Just look at what Ottawa got for Fischer.  Kaberle the type of player that is in much higher demand.  Supply and demand people.  Our first will be very late round and how many centers do we need?  Colbourne is no sure thing.  We'd rip Chiarelli if he didn't make a move.  We can't have it both ways.  Kaberle is a known commodity.  Whatever happened to Carl Pavano or Brian Rose?  Weren't they can't miss?  Come on people be happy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Actually the report mentioned the rumour actually came out of Boston radio station who conjured it up , not the Fan590, with Caron, and Colborne.. Anyway, it ain't going to happen.. Caron is a keeper for the future.. Colborne all of a sudden is the next great big thing ?  Where is he going to play in the future with PB, DK and Seguin as locks for centre.. They are all  pretty young guys.. Plus I have read that Ryan Spooner has actually passed this guy on the depth chart as well, so where is this great loss?  Some reports have said Colborne has actually regressed and is farther away from the NHL..

Kaberle is what this team needs RIGHT NOW!! A guy who can take the biscuit from his own end and carry it into the offensive zone and set up a PP , which is something this team has no clue about right now ... This guy is a great skater, good shot, and smart.. The Bruins aren't trading for a rental player, they will sign him long term but will have to clear a body or two.. Stuart looks like odd man out..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

hmm.. the last I checked re: Carl Pavano.........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

TSN has confirmed it, and I have no problem with it. Colborne, is projected to do well, but has yet to show his worth in the NHL, and that first rund is going to be somewhere in the 20's (or dare I hope 30th) i a year that is supposed to be very thin after the top 10. We couldn't get him for nothing, but a solid prospect and apick that has good chance at being nothing?

Seems fair to me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from janesie22. Show janesie22's posts

Do it...did you see the B's PP last night?
     Stop overanalyzing prospects. Ya gotta give to get and Kaberle can play. Why worry about 2011-12 at this point? Cripes, it's been since 1972 and we haven't been to a final since when? Blow the club up. Get Kaberle. Deal for Richards and let's see some new faces. We're not good enough to win this year. For proof of that, check out Detroit toying with us twice and then whacking TB last night. You're either in or you're out. This is Chiarelli's Waterloo right here, right now.