Farmville updates Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Farmville updates Part II

Captain Tommy and his balky knee will probably go back to help coach the Eagles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Captain Tommy and his balky knee will probably go back to help coach the Eagles.

[/QUOTE]

The sooner the better, there are a lot of prospects down there that might develop.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Other than Morrow, Trotman and Arnesson I don't see any.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Other than Morrow, Trotman and Arnesson I don't see any.

[/QUOTE]

Worsofsky looked good, he's a plus 6 right now.  Youds is an interestesting player.  Even Casto.

Point being, everyone other than Cross just *maybe* might develop into something, even just another AHL regular, but Cross is just wasting space.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1011291

"At the end of the second, Providence leads 5-0. Receiving goals from Matt Fraser, Tommy Cross, Alexander Khoklachev and another from Jared Knight. Providence leads in shots 28-12"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1011291

"At the end of the second, Providence leads 5-0. Receiving goals from Matt Fraser, Tommy Cross, Alexander Khoklachev and another from Jared Knight. Providence leads in shots 28-12"

[/QUOTE]

Awesome, he's broken the drought.  His career will sky rocket from here.  Fasten your seatbelts for the Tommy Cross Rocket.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://theahl.com/trio-paces-p-bruins-to-big-win-p188412

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/malcolm-subban-goalie-fight-ahl-during-bruins-wolf-232653682--nhl.html

Malcolm Subban goalie fight in AHL during Bruins, Wolf Pack line brawl.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Oh hell, I thought u were talking about Farmville, Virginia

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That "fight" was hilarious.  Flail, flail...puff puff...flail...pufff...are we done here?  Okay, hey good effort.  Yeah, you too.

Way to share your first AHL shutout, kid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/malcolm-subban-goalie-fight-ahl-during-bruins-wolf-232653682--nhl.html

Malcolm Subban goalie fight in AHL during Bruins, Wolf Pack line brawl.

[/QUOTE]

hahaha..awesome!!! Can't wait to see him in a B's uniform. He's going to be terrific. The right attitude.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Do you think Spooner had the right attitude after being sent down?  7 assists in two games?!  It's like he kept playing at NHL speed in the AHL.  Also amusing to see Fraser's numbers: 11-2-13.  11 goals to 2 assists?  Okay, John Druce, thanks.

Also interesting to see the P-Bruin scoring fluctuate after a 19 goal weekend.  Interesting to my eyes:

Khokhlachev is now the team's third leading scorer with 10 points in 13 games.  Adjusting?

Camper has found his touch, too, tied with Khokhlachev.

Morrow is starting to rack points - also 10 points in 13.

Sweethands?  Off of Spooner's line and dropping down the chart.  Tied with Jared Knight, which is a good sign for Knight.

Seth Griffith - finally slowing from his point/game pace, but still an impressive 7 points in 9 games.

Lindblad, of whom so much was made on "Behind the B" has sat out a number of games and is only 1-3-4 to show for when he's been in. 

Three straight wins have them up to 7-4-0-2 for 16 points.  Four of those losses, including the two SO losses, were to the top team in the conference - Manchester.

Going to be a very interesting year down in the A.  We're starting to see what we (i.e. Bruins fans) were expecting in Providence - a lot of guys with talent pushing each other to get the ice time and opportunity to show they can be more than a minor leaguer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Also amusing to see Fraser's numbers: 11-2-13.  11 goals to 2 assists?"

Yah I had to laugh at that one. Cmon throw a bone once in awhile to your teammates Matt.

Friend of mine living in Providence said KoKo is clicking because he finally gelled with Cunningham. Good all around now that Ryan is back in town.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

P-Bruins weekend plusses and minuses

By Mark Divver

My take on the good and the bad from the sixth weekend of the Providence Bruins season. There is no ugly this week - and very little bad -- after the P-Bruins swept their first three-in-three weekend of the year.

Good

*** Terrific weekend for Malcolm Subban with his first fight and - more important - his first two pro wins.

*** After being a healthy scratch on Friday, Tommy Cross really stepped up. He fought Worcester heavyweight Matt Pelech on Saturday after Pelech's high hit on Chris Casto. Then he scored his first goal of the year and was plus-4 on Sunday.

*** Ryan Spooner was really dancing on Friday (4 assists) and Saturday night (3 assists).

*** Craig Cunningham is heating up. He had four goals and a plus-5 for the weekend.

*** Carter Camper's relatively slow start is history. He has 10 points in the last 9 games after a two-goal, six-point weekend.

*** Opportunistic Matt Fraser had 4 goals on Friday and added another on Sunday. With 11 goals in 13 games, he's among the AHL leaders.

*** David Warsofsky is delivering on Don Sweeney's preseason prediction that he would have an excellent season. He is among the league leaders with a plus-9 after putting up a plus-5 this weekend.

*** In addition to Cross, I liked the way that Mike Moore (Saturday and Sunday) and Kevan Miller (Sunday) came to the aid of their teammates when needed.

Bad

*** The only thing I can come up with here is the penalty kill, which is still the worst in the league. But there are signs of progress after the P-Bruins killed 13 of 15 penalties over the weekend."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

By Mark Divver

It was two steps forward, one step back for the Providence Bruins, who took only one of four points after sweeping all six points last week. Not unexpected for a team with seven first-year pros. My take on the good, the bad and the ugly from the seventh weekend of the season.

Good

*** With two helpers on Sunday, Alex Khoklachev has eight points (4-4-8) in his last seven games. Just as important, he is up to plus-4 for the season.

*** Zach Trotman is getting close to returning after sitting out eight games with a hand/wrist injury.

*** Nick Johnson broke a five-game goal-less streak, potting a goal on both Friday and Sunday.

*** Chris Casto scored his first goal as a pro on Sunday.

*** Ryan Spooner scored his first goal in a month and ''took over the game,'' according to coach Bruce Cassidy, as the P-Bruins tried - unsuccessfully - to erase a 4-1 Norfolk lead on Friday night.

Bad

***Joe Morrow left Sunday's game with an upper-body injury. Morrow has been playing well, with 10 points in his last 10 games.

***It's very early, but the P-Bruins fell out of playoff position on Sunday, dropping to ninth place in the Eastern Conference.

*** The penalty kill is still last in the league, even after killing 13 power plays in a row before giving up one up in OT on Sunday.

Ugly

*** The defense allowed an Andy Miele breakaway in overtime on Sunday despite being warned by the coaching staff. Kevan Miller hauled him down, setting the stage for Portland's Gilbert Brule to net the winner on the power play.

*** Only 3 of the AHL's 30 teams have given up more goals - 52 -- than Providence.

*** In allowing 20 shots in the first period on Friday night against Norfolk, the P-Bruins dug themselves a hole they couldn't climb out of."

@MarkDivver

"Xray/MRI on Joe Morrow's elbow comes back negative. Will probably practice tomorrow and is probable for the weekend.

"Bruce Cassidy said @Ztrotman4 has been cleared to play this weekend, assuming no setbacks this week. Missed 8 games with left hand/wrist"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Should be interesting to read Divver's weekend wrap-up after this weekend.  1-2 after yet another loss to Manchester, and this time the Monarchs didn't have Toffoli or Pearson  I can't figure that one out.

One of the "good" points will have to be the first NHL goal for Anthony Camara.  I'll enjoy watching him try to make the NHL, but he's one more example of how some people get souped up for junior or NCAA players.  People were calling for this kid to play on the third line in Boston.  Or replace the Clown.  He's clearly not an NHL player yet, and that's okay with me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

By Mark Divver

As they prepare to hit the one-quarter mark of the season, the Providence Bruins are treading water. They let a two-goal lead slip away before rallying for a shootout win on Friday, then lost on both Saturday and Sunday. My take on the good, the bad and the ugly from the eighth weekend of the season:

Good

*** After a frustrating first 13 games, Anthony Camara got on the board with his first goal as a pro on Sunday.

*** With nine players in double figures in points, Providence has excellent scoring balance. Only Grand Rapids, Abbotsford and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - all of whom lead their division - have more players with 10 or more points.

*** Defensemen Zach Trotman (hand/wrist) and Joe Morrow (elbow) both returned to the lineup over the weekend.

*** Doing a lot of the little things right, big winger Justin Florek is quietly putting together a solid second season.

*** Attendance continues to be strong. Providence is averaging 7,322 per game, second in the league to perennial leader Hershey (8,908).

*** Matt Lindblad made a defensive mistake that led to a Bridgeport goal on Friday. Instead of hanging his head, he bounced back to score the tying goal with 5:28 left.

Bad

*** Providence has given up 63 goals. Only Rockford (73) has yielded more.

*** While team defense needs to be better, so does the goaltending. Malcolm Subban's 2.76 goals-against average is 31st in the league; Nik Svedberg's 3.28 is 39th.

*** The P-Bruins dropped to ninth place in the Eastern Conference, one point out of playoff position.

*** A tough three-game trip to Norfolk for two games and Hershey for one awaits next weekend.

Ugly

*** The P-Bruins gave up 4 power play goals on 16 shorthanded situations over the weekend as the penalty kill remains the worst in the league. The root of the PK problem, says coach Bruce Cassidy, is that Providence loses too many faceoffs and doesn't block enough shots."

As far as points, though, I wonder how many minutes Camara is getting ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm guessing he's getting AHL third liner minutes.  Not a ton.

Tempting, given Divver's point about the goaltending above, to ask if you've changed your position on giving Svedberg the backup job in Boston.  Only tempting because, hey, it's still early and 5 of his best defensemen (if you include Krug) are either in Boston or have been on the shelf for a chunk of time.  Guys like Casto and Youds and Cross aren't quite the same....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Even if your team defense is terrible you would still want your goalies to somewhere between .915 and .920 SV%. Clearly Svedberg and Subban have some work to do.

Julien is making trips down to watch PBruins games, so I would think, he want too see Camara playing on the 4th line with less minutes. I don't think goals should be a priority then...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What happened with Svedberg?  He was looking sharp preseason.

Subban I can understand, first year or 2 in a league can be really rough on a goalie.  

Look at Brodeur who had a .884 in his first full year in the AHL.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://bruins.nhl.com/v2/ext/media/2013/prospect_reports/112613_Prospect_Report_Final.pdf

Luedeke weighs in on KoKo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Okay, you have to check out the photos for Wiley Sherman and Svedberg.  Sherman looks like he needs his diaper changed. Svedberg looks like he's channelling Steve Buscemi in one of the movies where he's a deranged killer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Okay, you have to check out the photos for Wiley Sherman and Svedberg.  Sherman looks like he needs his diaper changed. Svedberg looks like he's channelling Steve Buscemi in one of the movies where he's a deranged killer.

[/QUOTE]

I'll tell ya again, even by goalie standards he's flippin nutty

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep.  nite territory for sure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

3 win weekend.  Pigeon Camara with his second goal.  Scoring nicely distributed (hallmark of the current Bruins system).  Beat US Olympic goalie (2018 edition) John Gibson on Friday.

Sections
Shortcuts