Farmville

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Farmville

In Response to Re: Farmville:
    [QUOTE]Even then, dez, you're talking about a guy whose story is told and re-told because it took such perseverence - but he spent a not-insignificant amount of time in the NHL in his second year (13 games) and was basically there the next year.  I just finished looking at Burrows's story, and again, even the longshot undrafted underwhelming Burrows was in the NHL in under four years.  And he's considered to be one of those Disney movie stories. And these are exceptions.  I'm still really skeptical that there's much cultivation going in the AHL.  Much more like a blind farmer with vertigo digging randomly across his cabbage patch hoping to find a diamond.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Yeah BB,I've always felt the AHL is a good developmental league for future NHL players whereas Major Junior is a developmental league for future stars.No doubt that stories like St.Louis are few and far between.Essentially the future 1st liner is a rarity in the AHL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

if I remember correctly, all 3 had completed college or major Junior and were in their early 20s. Plus they all were forwards. Hamill, who looked competent is only 22, and went from Juniors to the AHL. How did that happen? The AHL allows young [ 18-22/23] players grow, more than develop, in a team environment, and with line chemistry if their coaches keep the lines consistent. Claude is doing some of that, but has missed the boat on Seguin as he is moved all over. It's possible that Claude has no clue on developing players Vs. growing players, as he expects all Bruins players to be fully versed in NHL capabilities. We've all noticed his preference for experience, like Thornton, rather than talent, like Seguin. This observation may well explain his resume in Montreal and New Jersey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What might get interesting for Chiarelli in terms of the Bs clinching #2 seed early, highly likely, is what I've been beating the drum for all year throw Sauve in with Kelly and Peverley or with Bergeron-Recchi for few games. Seven game winning goals tied for the AHL lead kids got skills. I'd like to see PC get more gun slingers like Marchand, Sauve and Caron from the Q again in this summers draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from keglesscaron. Show keglesscaron's posts

Traditionally, the Bruins have been tight-fisted when it comes to their minor league affiliated. But in the cap era, one would think they would see the farm system as a point of differentiation relative to the rest of the NHL. Why not stock a single ECHL team, for instance, instead of a handful of players in a shared situation in Reading, Pa.? I'd love for KPD or Fluto to take a look at how the Bruins (and other NHL clubs) approach player development and the minor leagues. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The newest prospect report
    contains a page briefing on how Providence as a team is doing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In Response to Re: Farmville:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Farmville : Yeah BB,I've always felt the AHL is a good developmental league for future NHL players whereas Major Junior is a developmental league for future stars.No doubt that stories like St.Louis are few and far between.Essentially the future 1st liner is a rarity in the AHL.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez, perfectly phrased.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Resurrecting this for a minute to say that the P-Bruins are still cruising at a better clip with Khu dat in net, Hamill looks to be shooting more often and is up to 8 goals (from 2-3 since his brief call up) and the defense looks to be playing a bit better.  And, get this, they have a huge shoot-out winning percentage - .700.  Considering the big club is at what .100?

Forget firing CJ - if they lose to the Devs and Shabs this week, sit half the roster and play the P-Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Great post BB. but i have to say the true depth if the Bs are still in the ohl, which i think may just surprise us all and  make this team next year, if not, then 1 in the A. I have great hope for this teams future.Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Doesn't look like the P-Bruins will make the AHL playoffs this year so I hope Julien will throw Hamill, Sauve, Caron and Arniel into some meaningless last weekend of the regular season games. It wouldn't hurt to give them some confidence and say to some underachievers shape up or sit.