Fat Lucic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Fat Lucic?

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-bruins/bruins-talk/Lucic-shaping-up-for-start-of-season?blockID=820949&feedID=10944

Hags covers some B's skating at BU today, spends a fair amount of the article questioning Lucic's conditioning.  Hags doesn't know much, but he knows fat.

McQuaid also particiated in the skate, which is good news.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Fat Lucic?

Not surprising, my local rink has had a cadre of local boys and a few Canucks working out regularly together for a while now, but despite it being Lucic's home rink he wasn't among them. Hopefully it doesn't take him too long to get his conditioning back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Not surprising, my local rink has had a cadre of local boys and a few Canucks working out regularly together for a while now, but despite it being Lucic's home rink he wasn't among them. Hopefully it doesn't take him too long to get his conditioning back.

I think Milan stayed in Boston during the lockout.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

that'd explain that then ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I laughed at the line on the Bruins blog where Lucic says he's never had a problem with his conditioning.  Seriously, kid, you're a lot of fun to watch but you suck wind more often than any other guy on the team. Either that's a sign of your conditioning or you're taking too long a shift. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeah, now if we could just teach him how to bite

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to GregorysDaddy's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I laughed at the line on the Bruins blog where Lucic says he's never had a problem with his conditioning.  Seriously, kid, you're a lot of fun to watch but you suck wind more often than any other guy on the team. Either that's a sign of your conditioning or you're taking too long a shift. 

It doesn't take much conditioning to throw gloved sucker punchs.

Maybe the twins can teach him how to dive, that would really him round out his gm.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Hags covers some B's skating at BU today, spends a fair amount of the article questioning Lucic's conditioning.  Hags doesn't know much, but he knows fat.

McQuaid also particiated in the skate, which is good news.

Well said.  Haggs questioning his conditioning is like Alex Burrows questioning his toughness.

Like Book, I have to chuckle at Lucic saying his conditioning has never been a question.  Really?  What's more, how hard is it really to stay in good shape when you're a professional athlete in your early 20's?  Did Looch and Josh Beckett hang out in the offseason?

Ridiculous, when you consider how predictable that the season would start in January, and start quickly.  Get in shape, son.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Lucic will get in shape like Paul Pierce last year around game 20 in a 48 game schedule.  He needs to look a Chara for an example in future years or the Beckett comparison will be spot on.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just need everyone to follow Crowls's lead and nickname him Fat.  Milan "Fat" Lucic.  Boardside reporters interviewing him: "Fat, your team came out a bit fat...I mean flat...in the first.  What do you need to do to get control of the pace of the game, Fat?"

Recaps: The Bruins tied the game late in the second when Fat Lucic had a Boychuk shot carom in off his derriere.

He'll be lean and mean by February.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I certainly hope so.  In these type of preparation it's the bigger guys that take time to get ready. Chara will be more than fine , as usual, Lucic on the otherhand I could see a slow start. Let's just say the critic he'll be getting will come from Twitter.  What was reported by Haggs will stick and be used as reasoning, unfortunately.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Just need everyone to follow Crowls's lead and nickname him Fat.  Milan "Fat" Lucic.  Boardside reporters interviewing him: "Fat, your team came out a bit fat...I mean flat...in the first.  What do you need to do to get control of the pace of the game, Fat?"

Recaps: The Bruins tied the game late in the second when Fat Lucic had a Boychuk shot carom in off his derriere.

Listening to Sport's Hub this morning, and they were talking Bruins.  Fred Toucher mentioned that he got a few text messages asking if they had heard/seen if Lucic was fat? 

Plan is coming together.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

"GregorysDaddy"?  Was "SummersEve" taken?

Awesome btw Book.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://nesn.com/2013/01/milan-lucic-i-havent-gotten-fat-i-know-that-much/

"I Haven't Gotten Fat, I Know That Much" ~ Phat Lucic

Yah Book...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've never played on a sports team where something like this "Fat Lucic" thing wouldn't have stuck.  One guy posts it in Lucic's locker, another leaves a box of Ding Dongs in his stall or fills his car with empty slice trays and McDonalds bags....  Maybe you get the equipment guys to sew up a jersey with FAT above #17.

Once it sticks, the more he protests, the funnier it is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've never played on a sports team where something like this "Fat Lucic" thing wouldn't have stuck.  One guy posts it in Lucic's locker, another leaves a box of Ding Dongs in his stall or fills his car with empty slice trays and McDonalds bags....  Maybe you get the equipment guys to sew up a jersey with FAT above #17.

Book, I'd put money on Thornton already plotting something along these lines.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Book, I'd put money on Thornton already plotting something along these lines.

I bet Marchand has something to do with it too! 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Toucher and Rich interviewing Chara on the Sport's Hub this morning.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/18/bruins-captain-zdeno-chara-on-toucher-rich/

About halfway down the page for the embedded audio.

Final question to Chara: "Is Milan Lucic fat"?  (6:38 mark)

Chara says that he is not, but enjoying the fact that the question is still being asked. 

Fat Lucic Lives!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Awesome.  And now we can expand it to "FatDaddy".

Sections
Shortcuts