Fat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fat

Fat with a two assist night.  He's third on the team in assists even if he is struggling to put the puck in the net.  He now has 22 points in 34 games.  Over an 82 game season?  That's a 65 point pace.  That would be a career high in points for Fat.

Is Fat playing the dominant physical game we know he can?  Not consistently.  Is Fat popping goals at an acceptable rate?  Nope.  Is Fat contributing to goals at a better rate than at any time in the past?  Yep.

People wanting to cashier Fat underestimate how many ways he can contribute.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Fat

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Fat with a two assist night.  He's third on the team in assists even if he is struggling to put the puck in the net.  He now has 22 points in 34 games.  Over an 82 game season?  That's a 65 point pace.  That would be a career high in points for Fat.

Is Fat playing the dominant physical game we know he can?  Not consistently.  Is Fat popping goals at an acceptable rate?  Nope.  Is Fat contributing to goals at a better rate than at any time in the past?  Yep.

Nobody hates their players like Bruins fans Book. Lucic is the style of player that other GM's frantically search for. Is he perfect? No, but he's pretty damn good. When he keeps his feet moving he's hard to handle. He's also done a nice job of ignoring all of the hurtful nicknames. Go Bruins!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Nobody hates their players like Bruins fans Book. Lucic is the style of player that other GM's frantically search for. Is he perfect? No, but he's pretty damn good. When he keeps his feet moving he's hard to handle. He's also done a nice job of ignoring all of the hurtful nicknames. Go Bruins!

His speed straight up the ice is good.  He is just like a train.  A little slow to start but once he gets going.  "All aboard".  

I love him.  I do question his compete level.  I dont want him anywhere but in a bruins uni.  Hes a rare bread and as you mentioned he is very sought after and guys like a tom wilson are compared to him when getting drafted.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

His speed straight up the ice is good.  He is just like a train.  A little slow to start but once he gets going.  "All aboard".  

I love him.  I do question his compete level.  I dont want him anywhere but in a bruins uni.  Hes a rare bread and as you mentioned he is very sought after and guys like a tom wilson are compared to him when getting drafted.  

We know he doesn't have to score to have an effect on a game.  Get him in one of his slamma-bamma, rampaging moods and the other team has to acknowledge his presence whenever he "cowboys over the boards" (Jack Edwards) - so do his Bruin teammates.  With his blend of power and the scoring we know he can do, as a fan of the Bruins I'll live with his peaks and valleys. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

His lack of aggression, bothers me more than his lack of goal production.

In the Buffalo game, Krejci got hit hard, twice on the same shift, by 2 different Sabres, and Lucic didn't even give either player, a dirty look.

It's like, in his mind, he is now a top scorer, and no longer needs to play the role of a tough guy.

I miss the old Lucic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I think sometimes Lucic forgets what got him to the NHL and he tries to play a skill, which clearly is not his gm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Lucic has skill. He just doesn't have elite skill. But if he's sacrificing a bit of his physical game for points and a better team contribution then so be it. Its what Neely did to became a force for the Bruins. Not saying that Lucic comparable to Neely though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Lucic has skill. He just doesn't have elite skill. But if he's sacrificing a bit of his physical game for points and a better team contribution then so be it. Its what Neely did to became a force for the Bruins. Not saying that Lucic comparable to Neely though.

I agree that he has skill w/ the puck. But that is not his best skill, being an intimidating force is clearly his best attribute. When he plays w/ that tough nasty edge he's a force.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

It all starts with his skating and being active.  Meaning his physical game is born from his skating game.

When he plays like he did last night, his play jumps off the page.  Finishing checks, creating space and offensive opportunities result.

When is is not skating, his play also jumps off the page.  He looks slow, lethargic and like he is standing around.  Offense looks out of sync, there is just no energy behind it.

Keep skating Fatso, skate!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Who came up with "Fat"? They deserve to be shot.

Still complaining all of you? I don't give a f---!

Go watch baseball, if you don't like what you are seeing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Im not the least bit worried about lucic....Once playoffs start, its a different game and a new season. I know this is a shortened season, and there are still a dozen games left. He'll be fine. I think they do need to come out flying in the first round. It didnt seem to happen last year against the Caps.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

No doubt Lucic and Horton are doing everything they can the last couple games to keep their line together. It'll be interesting to see what Julien does with Daug and Jagr, not to mention any other guys coming. I imagine all new kids get to ride the Peverly train on the 3rd line, and mostly because Looch and Horton are doing what they need to do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Yea, it's a stupid, tired 'nickname', at best over-cozy, at worst pejorative. It might endear those who use it to each other, but it gets them no closer to Milan Lucic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Fat doesn't pass food at the dinner table, so  I don't want fat a** trying to look pretty making a pass when he should be shooting. Put a North End pizza on top of the net maybe fattie will shoot more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

As long as he brings "it" playoff time, I'm okay with it. 

He can't play full out all the time. No one's body can take that kind of pounding. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thought Chubby Checker and practically everyone else had a really good game last night.  The team really seemed to snap out of the funk.  A fun game to watch, and Cedfano burying Neil into the boards at the end was an exclamation point on a big win.  

I hope the B's gets the Sens in the first round.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Fat doesn't pass food at the dinner table, so  I don't want fat a** trying to look pretty making a pass when he should be shooting. Put a North End pizza on top of the net maybe fattie will shoot more."

"People wanting to cashier Fat underestimate how many ways he can contribute."

People over-using pejorative/cozy nicknames for people they've never met from behind a pulpit of anonymity underestimate how freaking weird and fanboy-ish it makes otherwise insightful commentary sound.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

"Fat doesn't pass food at the dinner table, so  I don't want fat a** trying to look pretty making a pass when he should be shooting. Put a North End pizza on top of the net maybe fattie will shoot more."

"People wanting to cashier Fat underestimate how many ways he can contribute."

People over-using pejorative/cozy nicknames for people they've never met from behind a pulpit of anonymity underestimate how freaking weird and fanboy-ish it makes otherwise insightful commentary sound.

I don't thnk anyone is saying "Fat" in an attempt to pretend they are buddies with Lucic.  I don't think anyone here even has the marbles to say it within 100 feet of the guy.  Its a joke.  Lighten up.  I like it, and I love Lucic.

Plus, I mentioed it to my boy Cedfano while we were playing hacky sack and he said it was cool.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Where's my violin ?

Lighten up Francis

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

Im not the least bit worried about lucic....Once playoffs start, its a different game and a new season. I know this is a shortened season, and there are still a dozen games left. He'll be fine. I think they do need to come out flying in the first round. It didnt seem to happen last year against the Caps.

Or the year before against the Canadiens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Book, not to nitpick, but you're off on your math.  Fat's on pace for a 53 point season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Have to agree with you there Dez and Book, but I hope everyone agrees that our love-hate with Looch has more to do with us knowing what he can do and not seeing it more consistently. 

I still wonder sometimes how the keys to his game are so simple to recognize, yet so hard to bring out of the guy at times. I wonder if it has anything to do with his Scheuermann's disease. Do his 'mates say anything? Does Claude lay into him when he isnt skating and hitting (for the umpteenth game in a row)?

The two things this team needs is more freight train Looch, Fat Milan Lucic and of course, more cowbell.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

guaranteed, neither 'mates' nor enemies call Milan Lucic 'Fat' to his face.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

You have been on this board for a couple of weeks, and you feel you are in a position, to lecture the rest of us, on our viewpoints?

How about, if you don't like what your reading, refrain from coming to this website, since you find some of our opinions so irritating.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

You have been on this board for a couple of weeks, and you feel you are in a position, to lecture the rest of us, on our viewpoints?

How about, if you don't like what your reading, refrain from coming to this website, since you find some of our opinions so irritating.

If you missed it, I am the former Wheatskins.

I posted the change two weeks ago.

I will continue to lecture when the occasion requires.

Sections
Shortcuts