Favorite B's over the years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Favorite B's over the years

In Response to Re: Favorite B's over the years:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite B's over the years : Jon Casey
    Posted by btownbliss[/QUOTE]

I had season tickets to the Worcester Icecats in the mid 90's.  Jon Casey got sent down for a conditioning stint after coming off the IR, which luckily happened to fall on autograph night.  I still have the few cards I had him sign around somewhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]                          Randy Burridge would be somewhere on my list for sure.
    Posted by east-westBsfan[/QUOTE]

What a work ethic in Burridge.  Don Sweeney in that same category and Gary Doak too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Orr Bourque Neely O'Reilly Jonathan Jay Miller Nevin Markwart Brian "The Colonel" Curran Randy "Stump" Burridge
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I met Markwart's parents the other day. Apparently he is still in Mass working for some firm....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am going to go a little non-popular/less obvious over some different eras, post 1970s (I don't remember the late 70s):

Rick Middleton
    Stan Jonathan
    Peter McNab
    Keith Crowder
    Andy Moog
    Don Sweeney
    Garry Galley
    Dave Poulin
    Randy Burridge
    Adam Oates
    Dave Reid
    Rob Dimaio
    PJ Axelsson
    Byron Dafoe
    Brian Rolston

Obviously, Bourque, Neely, etc, are the big names I could choose and obviously loved watching play, but I wanted to drop some names in of players who I really appreciated even if they weren't considered HOF players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Have to mention Norm LeVeille...would have been a great one!  Poor kid never got the chance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite B's over the years : Jon Casey Alex Auld
    Posted by btownbliss[/QUOTE]

Whenever the puck came at Jon Casey during the 1993/1994 season, I cringed.

I don't know what it was about his style, but he always seemd to overplay the puck.

His numbers look ok when you look back at them, but I had ZERO confidence in him in the playoffs.

He seemed to live off his great college career at North Dakota and that classic run he had in '91 with Minny.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite B's over the years : I met Markwart's parents the other day. Apparently he is still in Mass working for some firm....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Looks like Nevin didn't get the brains knocked out of him, even though he had almost 800 PIMs in just over 300 NHL games.  I wore #17 in high school because of him.  Loved the JOFA helmet he used to wear.

www.canoefinancial.com/files/images/Nevin-Markwart_web.jpg" alt="Nevin Markwart, President and Chief Executive Officer, " />Nevin Markwart, President and Chief Executive Officer
    Nevin Markwart, President and Chief Executive Officer

Nevin Markwart has extensive experience managing investment teams and financial products both in Canada and the United States.  Most recently he was Head of Canadian Equities and a member of the executive management team at Fidelity Investments Canada.  Previous experience includes senior responsibilities with Wellington Management and Standish, Ayer and Wood, Inc., both investment advisory firms based in Boston, Massachusetts.  Mr. Markwart holds an MBA in Finance from Northeastern University in Boston and is a Chartered Financial Analyst and Certified Financial Planner.  Prior to his investment career, Mr. Markwart was the Boston Bruins' first pick in the 1983 NHL entry draft and enjoyed a nine year NHL career from 1983 to 1992 with the Boston Bruins and the Calgary Flame

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Have to mention Norm LeVeille...would have been a great one!  Poor kid never got the chance.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I am with you Hangnail!  Still sad to think about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

Eddie Westfall
    Reggie MacKenzie
    Dallas Smith
    Ken Hodge
    Ted Green
    John Bucyk
    Jerry Cheevers
    Don Awrie but not after he went to the Canadiens

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite B's over the years : Looks like Nevin didn't get the brains knocked out of him, even though he had almost 800 PIMs in just over 300 NHL games.  I wore #17 in high school because of him.  Loved the JOFA helmet he used to wear. Canoe Financial  http://www.canoefinancial.com/about_us/canoe_team/ www.canoefinancial.com/files/images/Nevin-Markwart_web.jpg " alt="Nevin Markwart, President and Chief Executive Officer, " />Nevin Markwart, President and Chief Executive Officer Nevin Markwart, President and Chief Executive Officer   Nevin Markwart has extensive experience managing investment teams and financial products both in Canada and the United States.  Most recently he was Head of Canadian Equities and a member of the executive management team at Fidelity Investments Canada.  Previous experience includes senior responsibilities with Wellington Management and Standish, Ayer and Wood, Inc., both investment advisory firms based in Boston, Massachusetts.  Mr. Markwart holds an MBA in Finance from Northeastern University in Boston and is a Chartered Financial Analyst and Certified Financial Planner.  Prior to his investment career, Mr. Markwart was the Boston Bruins' first pick in the 1983 NHL entry draft and enjoyed a nine year NHL career from 1983 to 1992 with the Boston Bruins and the Calgary Flame  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Good catch. 800 pms, I guess he was not named "the kamikaze kid" for nothing. Was a first rounder too if I am recalling correctly...

And yes it says he was a first round pick in the article you sourced...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

In Response to Favorite B's over the years:
    [QUOTE]I've been looking through the new book my Wife got me, Black and Gold - 4 Decades of the Boston Bruins in Phototgraphs. It's a picture book (insert jokes here) by the Team's Photog, Steve Babineau. It covers from early the 70s, when Orr had longer hair, so my era of players. So it got me thinking of who my favs were. Here's my list. Bobby  - No explaination necessary Reggie Lemelin - The goalie who did it. HE Beat Them! Cam Neely - Again no explaination necessary, but he used Pat Roy as his personal bytch goalie, and for that alone he gets my vote. 50 in 44 works too. Milan Lucic - I know this is an early pick, and he might not end up with his number raised to the Rafters, but I don't go for a beer when he's on the ice. Stan Jonathan - Just one of those things. After he dusted Moose Dupont, he made the list. I'm not going with an Honourable Mention List. You other made the Top 5 or didn't. Your turn.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Burridge, Kvartalnov, shoebottom, keans, iafrate

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Dennis Wideman
    Blake Wheeler
    Phil Kessel
    Sandy Moger
    Michael Ryder

This was easy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Dennis Wideman Blake Wheeler Phil Kessel Sandy Moger Michael Ryder This was easy.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

bahwhaa

Boy does Wideman take an unfair beating here.  He was an 8th round pick for crying out loud.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Dennis Wideman Blake Wheeler Phil Kessel Sandy Moger Michael Ryder This was easy.

Sandy Moger does not deserve that

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

The entire B's team that ended the jinx!  What a series! No Cup that year, but the best playoff series win in my lifetime. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

timmy thomas andy brickely ted donato stevie heinze stevie leech hal gill
    geoff lazro danny lacatoure jim craig shaun bates

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonestix. Show bonestix's posts

Cam Neely
    Ray Bourque
    Terry O'Reilly
    Rick Middleton
    Milan Lucic

Leaving out the obvious old time greats cause i was too young to remember them playing. These are the guys for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

[QUOTE]The entire B's team that ended the jinx!  What a series! No Cup that year, but the best playoff series win in my lifetime. 
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Michael Telven rules!  He slashed away Richer's thumb and the Hab ghosts all in one swat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Surprised no one mentioned Kluzak, pretty damn good Dman!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Nothing personal to Steve Heinze and Ted Donato, but those two will always be classic "he's a local guy so he's really a 1st or 2nd line player here in Boston and fill seats with their friends/relatives buying tickets" move by Jacobs.

It's pathetic they were expected to be elite performers here. Ugh.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]Surprised no one mentioned Kluzak, pretty damn good Dman!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Had plenty of talent but he was one of the most unfortunate draft choices ever made by Harry.  Was constantly breaking down, plenty of HOF talent behind him in the draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favorite B's over the years : Had plenty of talent but he was one of the most unfortunate draft choices ever made by Harry.  Was constantly breaking down, plenty of HOF talent behind him in the draft.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

You are right about this. When you look at the players that went after him you have to wonder, in hindsight, what could have been. Too bad about Kluzak's knees......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]Darn I wish I was alive to see the 70's bruins. anyways I'm gonna fire off some B's goalies from 80's on let me know if I miss some Moog Peeters Lemelin bailey Blue Tallas Moffatt Riggins Carey Keans Lacher Ranford Billington McDonald Thomas Rask Raycroft Hackett Dafoe Potvin Grahame Just off the top of my head sure i missed some obvious ones.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Just Awesome.....All the goalies we went through....Just crazy. You forgot the ex Minnesota Star goalie. JOHN CASEY...Played briefly.....Just helping you out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

That is not funny.
    When Moe hits Larry with a pipe wrench, it's funny, but your list is really like a skull being crsuedh with a pipe wrench.
    Just not funny.