Favorite B's over the years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

Re: Favorite B's over the years

Man, even though they got knocked out by a hot rookie goalie named Dryden, the '70-'71 Bruins were a powerhouse.  They had like 7 of the top 10 scorers in the league that year, Espo, Orr, Bucyk, Hodge, Cash, McKenzie, Stanfield.  My all time favorite Bruin was Middleton though.  He and Pederson really put up some numbers for a few years.  I think it's a shame "Nifty" isn't in the Hall of fame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I grew up with an Adam Oates poster on my wall and Cam Neely ball cap on my head.  But my favorite player to watch up to this point was actually probably Jason Allison.  For a brief time it looked like he and Thornton would form a lethal 1-2 center punch that would mean a championship.  Top five scorer, his playmaking was awesome, he could fight and I remember watching him once score a 5 on 3 short handed goal.  I was also a pretty big Kessel fan (hides) but the trade was fantastic.  I really enjoy the current crop as much or more than any other.  I think they have players who are winners.  The top two lines are as good of a top six as I can remember and I enjoy the way they play.  On the same shift you can see Lucic plow into someone on the wing and Krejci make a totally unexpected one-on-one move.  Throw in a rediculous TT save as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite B's over the years:
    I grew up with an Adam Oates poster on my wall and Cam Neely ball cap on my head.  But my favorite player to watch up to this point was actually probably Jason Allison.  For a brief time it looked like he and Thornton would form a lethal 1-2 center punch that would mean a championship.  Top five scorer, his playmaking was awesome, he could fight and I remember watching him once score a 5 on 3 short handed goal.  I was also a pretty big Kessel fan (hides) but the trade was fantastic.  I really enjoy the current crop as much or more than any other.  I think they have players who are winners.  The top two lines are as good of a top six as I can remember and I enjoy the way they play.  On the same shift you can see Lucic plow into someone on the wing and Krejci make a totally unexpected one-on-one move.  Throw in a rediculous TT save as well.
    Posted by OatesCam

Nice to see Jason Allison get some love. Tremendous player also ridden out of town by short-sighted management.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Everyone knows the top 5, they are easily identifiable. I'll go with the 5 most underrated.

Dallas Smith : Reliable defenseman, He often repaired the errors of Orr.
    Terry O`Reilly : He was carrying his team on his shoulders with his courage.
    Eddy Shore : Unbelievable this guy.We can write a book on him.
    Jean Ratelle : The most fine and smart player.
    John Mckenzie and Eddy Shack : The most colorful and fun to watch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

used to love on the old original show "Don Cherrys Grapevine"....Nifty's goal against the Nordiques where he went to make a move at high speed shifting inside against a d-man where he gets bumped and makes the adjustment on the fly, kicking the puck off balance up to his stick without missing a beat and scores one of the sweetest goals you would ever see.....man, he was a magician with the "egg"!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHquB8KYU8k
    at 1:37....enjoy!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeZanussi. Show JoeZanussi's posts

And lest we forget the Crowder brothers, Keith & Bruce.  Funny now how I used to think of Keith as more of a "mucker", but the guy consistantly pumped in 25 goals a year, including seasons of 32, 35, & 38.

1980–81Boston BruinsNHL4713122517232029
    1981–82Boston BruinsNHL712321441011122414
    1982–83Boston BruinsNHL743539741051716752
    1983–84Boston BruinsNHL6324285212830002
    1984–85Boston BruinsNHL79323870142432519
    1985–86Boston BruinsNHL78384684177320221
    1986–87Boston BruinsNHL5822305210640114
    1987–88Boston BruinsNHL6817264317323391244
    1988–89Boston BruinsNHL691518331471002237

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Not best but my favorite.

1) Neely - Beast in every way
    2) Bourque - Complete D man
    3) O'Reilly - Early memories of an empty bench and full penalty box
    4) Sweeney (Don not Bob) - Little guy got it done
    5) Bergeron - Not flashy but goes in the corner and is a complete forward

Least Favorite
    1) Blane Lacher - Wayyyyyy too cocky
    2) Phil Kessel - Don't like any player that waits at the blue line for a pass
    3) Martin LaPointe - Ok player but for that money....then.....JJ should have just admitted he was cheap.
    4) Al Iafrate - Just didn't like him on the team
    5) Andrew Raycroft - Blane Lacher 2.0, spent the lockout season lounging

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Miller Time 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E7Sp0uvaoI&feature=related

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Not best but my favorite. 1) Neely - Beast in every way 2) Bourque - Complete D man 3) O'Reilly - Early memories of an empty bench and full penalty box 4) Sweeney (Don not Bob) - Little guy got it done 5) Bergeron - Not flashy but goes in the corner and is a complete forward Least Favorite 1) Blane Lacher - Wayyyyyy too cocky 2) Phil Kessel - Don't like any player that waits at the blue line for a pass 3) Martin LaPointe - Ok player but for that money....then.....JJ should have just admitted he was cheap. 4) Al Iafrate - Just didn't like him on the team 5) Andrew Raycroft - Blane Lacher 2.0, spent the lockout season lounging
    Posted by nrguy

I'm pretty sure he went to Europe & got hurt! I don't think he was lounging.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

used to love on the old original show "Don Cherrys Grapevine"....Nifty's goal against the Nordiques where he went to make a move at high speed shifting inside against a d-man where he gets bumped and makes the adjustment on the fly, kicking the puck off balance up to his stick without missing a beat and scores one of the sweetest goals you would ever see.....man, he was a magician with the "egg"!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHquB8KYU8k at 1:37....enjoy!!!
    Posted by golden9x2

I remember that one. Perhaps one of the best goals I have ever seen....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Orr
    Cheevers
    Johnston
    Derek Sanderson
    Esposito
    Neely
    Gilles Gilbert
    Jacques Plante (not very long, but a classic run)
    Middleton

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Not best but my favorite. 1) Neely - Beast in every way 2) Bourque - Complete D man 3) O'Reilly - Early memories of an empty bench and full penalty box 4) Sweeney (Don not Bob) - Little guy got it done 5) Bergeron - Not flashy but goes in the corner and is a complete forward Least Favorite 1) Blane Lacher - Wayyyyyy too cocky 2) Phil Kessel - Don't like any player that waits at the blue line for a pass 3) Martin LaPointe - Ok player but for that money....then.....JJ should have just admitted he was cheap. 4) Al Iafrate - Just didn't like him on the team 5) Andrew Raycroft - Blane Lacher 2.0, spent the lockout season lounging
    Posted by nrguy

OOh, we get least favorite, too?

Tim Thomas
    Byron Dafoe
    John Casey
    Joe Thornton
    Linesman
    and... KEN DRYDEN

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

In no particular order:

Bobby Orr
    Ray Bourque (all time favorite athlete)
    Vladimir Ruzicka
    Andy Brickly
    Jay Miller
    Stan Jonathan
    Normand Leveille
    Cam Neely
    Phil Esposito
    Gerry Cheevers

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

I would have to go with: Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Terry Oreilly, Kenny Linseman, Cam Neely, Bobby Schmautz, Gerry Cheevers and Rosy Ruzicka, Patrice bergeron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Oop's, forgot one...Derek Sanderson!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

All of my top favorite B's have already been mentioned, but here are a few I have yet to see mentioned:
    Eddie Westfall
    Mike "Shaky" Walton
    Daryl Edestrand
    Dennis O'Brien
    Matt Ravelich

I could go on and on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

(1) Terry Orielly ( nice Irish name)
    (2) Stan Jonathan (just because fearless)
    (3) Bobby Orr ( if Boston did not pick him I would of been a Hawks fan)
    (4) Ray Bourque (no explanation)
    (5) Cam Neely ( no explanation)
    (6) Grapes (coach)
    (7) Gilles Gilbert (just loved his puck stopping)
    (8) Cheevers (the mask)
    (9) Al Secord (short but tough years as Bruin)
    (10)Joe Juneau ( not a long stay but had an impact on me)CoolLaughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I have a soft spot for players that quietly do their thing with excellence without all the fanfare....

Bergeron
    Murray
    Guerin
    Allison
    Oates
    Wesley
    D. Sweeney
    Burridge
    Linseman
    Poulin
    Middleton

...and then there's Moog and Thomas.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Gilles Gilbert - Couldn't play a game of street hockey in any neighborhood in Boston in late 70's without hearing "save Gilbert" from the kid in net
    Craig Janney - ice vision second to none
    Cam Neely - Not sure any other player personified this team & city better
    Bruce Shoebottom - cult hero during a great time in Bruins history
    Chris Nilan - Save your breath...it's a neighborhood thing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Hey....how bout some love for Bruce Shoebottom...I remember watching the Bruins in the old Winnipeg Arena..he was carrying the puck behind  his own net, and somebody tossed a shoe on the ice . I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

I grew up in the 60's & 70's, so I would say #4, espo, sanderson, cheevers, pieface, hodge,the chief and all those guys!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipSlidinLyden. Show SlipSlidinLyden's posts

Did you really make a list of your favorite Bruins over the years since Bobby, and not include Terry O'Reilly or Bourque? What a douchenozzle!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipSlidinLyden. Show SlipSlidinLyden's posts

Posted by nrguy

You didn't like Al Iafrate, who only played 12 games for us? LOL Did you know he scored 5 goals in those 12 games, which for a defenseman is pretty damn good! He would have been a great Bruin if his knee wasn't messed up! He shot over 100 miles an hour, and could wreck people. Too bad Sinden traded him for Jeff Odgers, but his knee was shot and he was worthless. It's the Bruins team doctor that passed Iafrate during his physical that I'm pissed at!
    And if you're putting overpaid people on your dislike list, where on earth is Kevin crackhead Stevens?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipSlidinLyden. Show SlipSlidinLyden's posts

Gilles Gilbert - Couldn't play a game of street hockey in any neighborhood in Boston in late 70's without hearing "save Gilbert" from the kid in net Craig Janney - ice vision second to none Cam Neely - Not sure any other player personified this team & city better Bruce Shoebottom - cult hero during a great time in Bruins history Chris Nilan - Save your breath...it's a neighborhood thing
    Posted by mosismooses

Bruce Shoebottom! I remember him. He was so ugly, he'd have to sneak up on a glass of water, just to get a drink!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from books76. Show books76's posts

My favorite players are mostly from my childhood.

Wayne Cashman        Number 1 in my book !!     Met him numorous times.
    Turk Sanderson
    Dallas Smith (great defenseman )   had to be,,protect Bobby Orrs wing
    Orr ,,of course
    Pie
    Chief and Espo....
    Jean Ratelle
    Brad Park.
    Dave Christian  good steady player
    Ruziska,,,,,even if he was only here 2 years.

Sections
Shortcuts