Federal mediators to join NHL lockout talks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Federal mediators to join NHL lockout talks

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57554432/federal-mediators-to-join-nhl-lockout-talks/

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8680079/2012-lockout-nhl-players-association-agree-mediation

Well Halle-freakin-lujah and about freakin time. GOOD Grief says San Dog Brown!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: Federal mediators to join NHL lockout talks

Amen.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Non-binding though. Colour me pessimistic, but I bet whatever the mediators decide on will be turned down by one of the two sides.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Nothing more than a PR move.  Next will be the decerting.  I think this seasons gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am always remain optimistic when it comes to hockey.  YET, if the sides were serious they both would agree to the mediator's decision prior to the meeting.  Sorry, it is not too promising.  I am already conceding the season to the owners.  Ah expansion of the 90s has led the owners down the path of frugality and disconnect with the fans.  Manchester Monarchs v. Providence, me sister lives in Manchester, sounds like a deal.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Deleted, my Boston.com has come a long way since the transition.  NOPE!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Don't think this is going to work,imo.What the NHLPA needs is a new Trevor Linden.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I envision the mediators walking out of there shaking their heads in disbeleif.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Manchester Monarchs v. Providence, me sister lives in Manchester, sounds like a deal. 

Until you see the P-Bruins in the offensive zone, but please do have have fun with your family.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"They've managed to reach some common ground with both proposing a 50-50 split of revenues throughout the agreement, but are divided on the amount of additional payments the league will make to help ease the transition. The NHL has offered $211 million while the NHLPA asked for $393 million."

So incredibly ridiculous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

"They've managed to reach some common ground with both proposing a 50-50 split of revenues throughout the agreement, but are divided on the amount of additional payments the league will make to help ease the transition. The NHL has offered $211 million while the NHLPA asked for $393 million."

Why would any union willingly leave 182 million dollars on the table? Sorry, I keep forgetting you have nothing to back up your absurd opinions. I'm sure it'll just ruin the owners if they end up having to pay out all of the contracts they AGREED TO. Greedy players expecting to get what was agreed upon........what's next, are they going to expect a proper pension plan?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I still wonder how long the 40% of players without contracts, will stand united on an issue that does not have anything to do with them. Half the season is lost, and the issues they may be concerned about, never seem to be discussed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Things are off to rocky start already.

One of the mediators is removed for a tweet . Apparently his account was hacked. 

blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.

Twitter

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Does it bother anyone that taxpayer money is going to millionares and billionaires fighting over money?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Owners - Union - Players

If you support the players you'd want them to sign

If you support the union you'd want them to stay out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

I still wonder how long the 40% of players without contracts, will stand united on an issue that does not have anything to do with them. Half the season is lost, and the issues they may be concerned about, never seem to be discussed.

that part has always bugged me.  unfortunarely, a good percentage of that group doesn't even have the potential of a 2 year NHL career.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Not sure I have the math right, but doesn't that equate to about 1.8 mil, per team, per year?  If some genious steps up and suggests the sides split the difference it's about 1.4, based on current financials, the league will have already taken back about 250 million in year 1 of the new cba.

Can you imagine any kind of intense labour unrest...a strike or lockout.....anything like this because the cap fluctuated 1.4-1.8 mil per year?

So incredibly ridiculous

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Nothing more than a PR move.  Next will be the decerting.  I think this seasons gone.

Exactly !!  One of the requirements to decertify is that you have tried a mediator in negotiations first. I think they are just going through the motions. This looks to be just a formality for what's to come. If they decertify, the season will most likely be lost.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Does it bother anyone that taxpayer money is going to millionares and billionaires fighting over money?

Living in Canada, we don't care. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Mediation didn't work, who woulda thought. Now Sydney might have to go to Europe, but insurance coverage will cost $400,000.00 a month. He can afford it though.

Sections
Shortcuts