Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate:
    [QUOTE]Walk, where are your insider sources?  YOU know he is well respected.  and is a leader? Of what, most games missed on the IR.  I don't mind debating but when you throw an idiotic comment like that out there you better back it up.  If what he did was so patriotic why are former players and coaches calling him out.  Sure the media types who never played a minute of hockey like it...but bad news sells.  Put youself in Paille's shoes.  A so called leader goes to the media and throws you under the bus.  What are the other guys gonna say.  Sure maybe 5% of the guys would back up AF's words.  But I don't think the majority agree with going to the media or they would have, they just found a guy that wanted his 5 minutes of fame and in the process turned on a team mate.  Think AF does this if Lucic or Chara hammered someone.   He could have worded what he said a lot better.  and for that I would give him a little space. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

back it up? It's my opinion, moron. Just like your opinion. You have no clue what his mates think either.

I saw Ference's comments and they have been over blown. IN MY OPINION. Could he have chosen his words better? Only if he wanted to water down the truth. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Sometimes it is better to say nothing... I don't think the issue is with Ference saying what he believes ..The real issue is the platform he chose to stand on and how he delivered it...I actually think it hurt Paille's case.. I agree with shup... Keep it in house and deal with it... All Ference did was open this up to the rest of the league and pundits  to ponder if there is fracture in the B's dressing room, is this a team united?, etc... B's are in the stretch drive to the playoffs and don't need this added attention and scrutiny.. for those who mentioned about other players who called out their own team mates for their actions in the past, is it a surprise they are no longer with those teams.. Co-incidence , maybe? maybe not ?
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can call what Ference did "calling out" Paille.
    When one of his team mates steps forward and says he has a problem with what AF said then I'll agree with you and shup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : I'd think, "Jeez, I can't believe I did that.  This team has been crippled by brutal and illegal hits and then I go and throw one?  After Crosby got taken out, all the hockey world is talking about is hits to the head and what do I do?  Blindside headshot.  Boy, am I stupid."
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yep.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]I will go as far as to say not only is Ference NOT a bad team mate, he is well-respected by the team and has evolved into a team leader. Unless Paille is in denial and thinks his hit was clean, he should have no problem with what was said by Ference. The BS about "keeping it on the locker room" is idiotic in this circumstance.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

I am impressed that you know that much about Ference in the Bruins locker room....Is that why they stripped him of his Rep position on the club after the Kelly fiasco which he engineered?  That's a leader to you ? You have obviously never played a team sport..and don't have a clue about what it means to go to war with your band of brothers every night..

Actually Paille has a big problem with what Ference said :

“I think to who said it, I think that if that’s what they see that’s their opinion,” said Paille after practice today at Ristuccia Arena. “But for me, I felt that it was a clean hit. But it’s too bad. I know most of the guys in this room would disagree [with ones that thought it was an illegal hit].

Just looking at the replay over and over, I feel that I see the shoulder hitting the shoulder … I think I won’t focus too much on those guys and just get the support from everybody else.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : I am impressed that you know that much about Ference in the Bruins locker room....Is that why they stripped him of his Rep position on the club after the Kelly fiasco which he engineered?  That's a leader to you ? You have obviously never played a team sport..and don't have a clue about what it means to go to war with your band of brothers every night.. Actually Paille has a big problem with what Ference said : “I think to who said it, I think that if that’s what they see that’s their opinion,” said Paille after practice today at Ristuccia Arena. “But for me, I felt that it was a clean hit. But it’s too bad. I know most of the guys in this room would disagree [with ones that thought it was an illegal hit]. Just looking at the replay over and over, I feel that I see the shoulder hitting the shoulder … I think I won’t focus too much on those guys and just get the support from everybody else.”

Maybe you can list your NHL stats on here for us all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Funny how this debate is going.
    The Americans on this board are mostly backing Ference and the Canadians are dissing him and talking "Hockey Code" .  
    Yes and I know Milbury is American and Don Cherry is all about the do's and don't in Hockey.  
    To me this story just smells and don't know why the media has to put their nose in this and making into a big hoop-la. Let it go ! 
    If you hate Ference so much and you cannot see beyond your emotions that the guy is a team player then don't comment on the guys character.
    So what the Canucks did and all stuck by Bertuzzi when he was 100% wrong is the right way to act ???  Look at what happened after that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : I'd think, "Jeez, I can't believe I did that.  This team has been crippled by brutal and illegal hits and then I go and throw one?  After Crosby got taken out, all the hockey world is talking about is hits to the head and what do I do?  Blindside headshot.  Boy, am I stupid."

Nas, it wasn't a blindside headshot.. if you watch it closely below on the link ( about the 3:26 minute in )  it is shoulder to shoulder, clearly in slow mo...and last I heard you don't get a separated shoulder from a direct hit to the head.. I saw a shoulder to shoulder hit with a follow thru that made contact with the head secondary.. PC said the same thing the other day ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUB1zacRs0k

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I'm not happy about the coin Ference makes but it amazes me the garbage this guy gets dumped on him.  He's played solid D all year long.  As for his comments...He said the truth...if that puts in to question his loyalty as a teammate they should just replay his fight in the Dallas game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate :  ...Paille after practice today at Ristuccia Arena. “...Just looking at the replay over and over, I feel that I see the shoulder hitting the shoulder … I think I won’t focus too much on those guys and just get the support from everybody else.”

What replay was he watching?  Richards on Krejci?

You'd have to be from a different planet to think that was shoulder to shoulder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how this debate is going. The Americans on this board are mostly backing Ference and the Canadians are dissing him and talking "Hockey Code" .   Yes and I know Milbury is American and Don Cherry is all about the do's and don't in Hockey.   To me this story just smells and don't know why the media has to put their nose in this and making into a big hoop-la. Let it go !  If you hate Ference so much and you cannot see beyond your emotions that the guy is a team player then don't comment on the guys character. So what the Canucks did and all stuck by Bertuzzi when he was 100% wrong is the right way to act ???  Look at what happened after that.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Legion, this isn't an American/Canadian pro/con issue and I don't hate Ference one bit.. I just have a problem with how he delivered the message and what and how he said it and the potential discord this could have in the B's dressing room... People in the game have a problem with it.. they have played and coached and I respect that.. If you read Paille's comments it already has divided the room ...Did that affect them yesterday in their lacklustre play and loss?  Cherry thinks it did? I don't know... The reason this story gained momentum was because of what Ference say.. He keeps his trap shut end of story..

As for your take on Bertuzzi/ It's not apples to apples.. no comparison.. this isn't vigilante justice as that incident took on a life of its own thanks to the Canucks..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I will go as far as to say not only is Ference NOT a bad team mate, he is well-respected by the team and has evolved into a team leader

saw Ference's comments and they have been over blown. IN MY OPINION.

These are your words dinglenuts.  And wouldnt it be better to keep your mouth shut so people"AKA MEDIA" don't blow it up. 
    Think before you write.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how this debate is going. The Americans on this board are mostly backing Ference and the Canadians are dissing him and talking "Hockey Code" .   Yes and I know Milbury is American and Don Cherry is all about the do's and don't in Hockey.   To me this story just smells and don't know why the media has to put their nose in this and making into a big hoop-la. Let it go !  If you hate Ference so much and you cannot see beyond your emotions that the guy is a team player then don't comment on the guys character. So what the Canucks did and all stuck by Bertuzzi when he was 100% wrong is the right way to act ???  Look at what happened after that.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Good observation, legion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS,

If thats what Paille thought he should be the one giving the interview.  He gave his 2cents on the suspension and hit.  No need for AF to get his nose in there.  All it did was create the media to go into a feeding frenzy.  And now Paille has to justify what a "cough cough" team mate had to say about him. Really great stuff for team moral.
    Why does AF even deserve any air time.  What has he ever done to earn the respect of the league and the players.  Billy Guerin earned his rep.  AF hasnt. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The way Ference speaks and how he answers questions speaks to me that he wants to be a politician when he's done with hockey not a diplomat because he is opinionated. I don't care what Ference thinks of Paille only how Andrew plays on the ice it has been great this year. Ference and Daniel can sit down to air it or not I don't care.

The hit was not dirty nor with intent but the NHL is trying (unsuccessfully!) to send a message (not to Pittsburgh!) to curb hits to the head. IMO Ference was auditioning for a seat next to Shanahan or Don Sweeney.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BsLegion,

The media can ony run with a story when there is one to run with.  Hense AF keep your mouth shut.  Thats the only point I am making.  Why run to the media.  What does it solve.  it can only create bad blood.  Most on here believe what he says to be true "IT WAS A BAD HIT".  But why go and create a $hitstorm with the media.  They love it and it's their job. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]I will go as far as to say not only is Ference NOT a bad team mate, he is well-respected by the team and has evolved into a team leader  saw Ference's comments and they have been over blown. IN MY OPINION. These are your words dinglenuts.  And wouldnt it be better to keep your mouth shut so people"AKA MEDIA" don't blow it up.  Think before you write.

You're completely ignorant or about 11 years old. I haven't figured out which. Ignore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Walk,

Unreal.  Take your net and go home then.  Priceless that made me smile. 

NAS- we are on a head on collision course buddy.  Hahaha

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Nas, it wasn't a blindside headshot.. if you watch it closely below on the link ( about the 3:26 minute in )  it is shoulder to shoulder, clearly in slow mo...and last I heard you don't get a separated shoulder from a direct hit to the head.. I saw a shoulder to shoulder hit with a follow thru that made contact with the head secondary.. PC said the same thing the other day .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUB1zacRs0k

Go to 1:34 of this link.  This also was a shot to the shoulder that with a follow through that made contact with the head secondary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yvt0B4RXWc

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : You're completely ignorant or about 11 years old. I haven't figured out which. Ignore.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Walk,

His opinion might be different than your opinion, but that's okay.  He's one of the best we have here when it comes to knowledge, quality and logical thought.

(even if he does want Raffi Torres to come over and have some ice cream cake later)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Walk, His opinion might be different than your opinion, but that's okay.  He's one of the best we have here when it comes to knowledge, quality and logical thought. (even if he does want Raffi Torres to come over and have some ice cream cake later)

Normally, I'd agree. But today his evil twin has hold of his compuuter and having a hissy fit because I disagree with him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Go to 1:34 of this link.  This also was a shot to the shoulder that with a follow through that made contact with the head secondary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yvt0B4RXWc

Nice post. Man, that's still ugly no matter how many time I see it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

I didn't like his comments, he should of kept his big mouth shut and not say anything, its not his place , bring back Stuart and get rid of Ference . I did like the way our coach handled the situation with class.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Walk,

Let's kiss and make up.  if we all agreed it wouldn't be worth coming on here.
    Two Opinions thats all it is.  I said idiotic and I should have used a more media friendly word.  But I told the truth like Andrew did.  Look where it got me.

Cheers

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Walk, Let's kiss and make up.  if we all agreed it wouldn't be worth coming on here. Two Opinions thats all it is.  I said idiotic and I should have used a more media friendly word.  But I told the truth like Andrew did.  Look where it got me. Cheers

Agreed. I just viewed some of your past posts to remind myself that you're not a tool or troll :p

Keep it coming buddy....not enough good posters on here!
    Cheers back to you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He had to hit him on the shoulder as the shoulder was seperated.

First I thought, ok, I like the part about not being hypocritical and could live with it.

BUT, thinking about it, he said this before the suspension was handed out, adding fuel to the fire, they could have given Pail 10 games after this was said and who could argue when the players are on board with this.

This was a hockey hit gone wrong, he did hit the body first and had the player not been bent over head contact would never have happened.  CHERRY hit upon something I missed and that was that the kid when down, the puck came to him on the ice and he grabbed it, he did not look dazed and confused like a concussed player.  He has a SEPERATED SHOULDER, that should give you a hint as to the contact.

Pail has a right to be peoooed, his suspension cost 24K for 4 games, possibly 2 games and 12K more than it needed to be, plus an apparent teammate did not back him up.

Ference, peeoed the whole team last year, with his union antics, next game out he got in a fight for teammates showing he was behind his team.  I remember thinking then that he is going to have to do more than just that to repair his damage on acting on his own, but the team accepted him back, but seemed like more tension than needed for a while. No I don't have hard facts to base this on, just alzheimer type memory on the players and feelings at the time.  He has done it again, I realize he is right to a point, but he should have kept his feelings to himself, because this is going to cause some disruptions among the team and it would not have mattered who said it, but he did.  If Ference was so pious why did he not say something about the hit Hunwick did on Sav, which was a definite head shot and no response from head office.

This also could have been taken out of context, believe it or not the media sometimes does this. Is it all Fer said or did he say, also it was a bad hit, Pail is not a bad player and this was a total accident, where he was just trying to follow thru on his hit.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Point is Ference should have kept his trap shut, originally it did not seem so bad, but it escalated to Don Cherry's segment, then HNIC Hot Stove and finally returned back to Don Cherry to rebuttle the Hot Stove. This is not just a simple sweep it under the rug deal, now. Ference has been called out, whether any of ye believe it or not it is a fact.  It has already been suggested that he cannot stay in that locker room, this is his 2nd time and he needs to be removed, and sooner than later.

He is a good D, but at 2.2M he is not irreplaceable, time to let him go.

Sections
Shortcuts