Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate:
    In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Yeah you really took it to us that year at Pina Coolata University Fletch.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Lol.  Hey, you don't become a 2nd team all-Mango League selection for nothing...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Go to Pakistan you hippies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Actually I've traded her for a younger, more talented model... if only we could do that with Paille!  lol

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Your wife sounds like quite a lady if you can tell her she looks fat and live to talk about it.As I feel Ference should've done,I prefer to just change the subject when my lady asks me a question like that.I guess we'll have to disagree on this one.Cheers.
    Posted by dezaruchi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : You're right and I guess it doesn't help my argument for Milbury that I assumed it was him that signed the deal which,at the time was outrageous.Regardless of his bad deals,I like to still cling to the belief that Milbury and all others who have coached in the NHL,know more about the game than me.I applaud you for being smarter than them.As for the Paille hit I've been trying to avoid speaking out about it because I wasn't interested in getting into an endless debate about it ,due to the fact that it was so questionable.But screw it,here goes.i thought it was a fine hit.He made shoulder to shoulder contact with a player that was reaching for the puck.While it may have been a violent hit with an unfortunate outcome,a player has to be aware of the situation he puts himself in.The puck was still in the vicinity so there is a huge difference between that hit and Cooke on Savard.Bergeron was hit from behind after a race for the puck so that hit has no bearing either .So guys in the Bruins dressing room have been hurt by DIRTY hits.What's that got to do with Paille,who's doing everything in his power to cling to a spot in the lineup?You claim the rule is pretty well defined.I see it as anything but.Bottom line,I just don't think there was any positive to be taken from Ference's statements regarding the hit.While some of you see it as refreshing for him to speak out,I see it as needless controversy that could've been avoided by saying "I'd rather not comment until seeing a replay"or something similar to that.If you can explain to me what good has come of this,I'm all ears. And yeah,I might not know much about hockey because I forgot that it was Snow who signed Dipietro.What I do know is how to treat a friend/teammate.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Nice Post and well said Dez..I wish some one here would review the hit in slow motion....clearly the first point of contact is the shoulder and the reason the kid suffered a broken nose was that his face made contact with the ice first when he landed..IMO..you can see it on the video..This was not a direct head shot, no concussion happened on the play like the others,  and I agree with PC that in this instance Rule 48 as it was intended ,  was not properly applied to this ruling and the suspension to Paille was too strict..

Also, it's Paille ,and t unfortunately people are coming down hard on him..He is an easy target.. If it was Chara or Lucic I think most would have been up in arms over the suspension..I have no doubt..Good on PC and Julien to back Paille.. At least he knows management has his back..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Nice!

Go to Pakistan you hippies.
    Posted by dezaruchi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Actually I've traded her for a younger, more talented model... if only we could do that with Paille!  lol In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate :
    Posted by OatesCam

I'm all for that plan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Nice Post and well said Dez..I wish some one here would review the hit in slow motion....clearly the first point of contact is the shoulder and the reason the kid suffered a broken nose was that his face made contact with the ice first when he landed..IMO..you can see it on the video..This was not a direct head shot, no concussion happened on the play like the others,  and I agree with PC that in this instance Rule 48 as it was intended ,  was not properly applied to this ruling and the suspension to Paille was too strict.. Also, it's Paille ,and t unfortunately people are coming down hard on him..He is an easy target.. If it was Chara or Lucic I think most would have been up in arms over the suspension..I have no doubt..Good on PC and Julien to back Paille.. At least he knows management has his back..
    Posted by cowboys9

The hardest I've been hit in my life was under very similar circumstances to the Paille hit.I still remember my Dad laughing after the game and saying,"I bet you won't be coming across the middle of the ice with your head down again".Turns out I never did it again.I have a feeling that Sawada won't either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Nice Post and well said Dez..I wish some one here would review the hit in slow motion....clearly the first point of contact is the shoulder and the reason the kid suffered a broken nose was that his face made contact with the ice first when he landed..IMO..you can see it on the video..This was not a direct head shot, no concussion happened on the play like the others,  and I agree with PC that in this instance Rule 48 as it was intended ,  was not properly applied to this ruling and the suspension to Paille was too strict.. Also, it's Paille ,and t unfortunately people are coming down hard on him..He is an easy target.. If it was Chara or Lucic I think most would have been up in arms over the suspension..I have no doubt..Good on PC and Julien to back Paille.. At least he knows management has his back..
    Posted by cowboys9

I think those are good points. And I have defended Paille (a little bit) too.  Sawada might think twice next time about bumping the goalie one shift and then coming across the blue line head down, leaning forward, reaching, on the next shift.  It's hard not to drill him there.  It's just a shame it came from the blindside and he was injured.

I'm off to the Packie(stan)...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you said it fletch, he came from the blind side. paille was behind the play...skated around 2 bruins that had the guy covered... and came in from the side -cheap shot.  if the guy had his head up he would have seen nothing, because paille came from behind, and hit him laterally. did not target the head- but still a cheap shot and unnecessary(he jumped in on a play that was covered) 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

you said it fletch, he came from the blind side. paille was behind the play...skated around 2 bruins that had the guy covered... and came in from the side -cheap shot.  if the guy had his head up he would have seen nothing, because paille came from behind, and hit him laterally. did not target the head- but still a cheap shot and unnecessary(he jumped in on a play that was covered) 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

The mere fact we're debating this shows it's not as cut and dried as you think it is.You think it was a cheap-shot.I say HEADS-UP.........but let's forget about this.We're having the same argument on 3 different threads.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

this horse is dead- officially

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : How did i know you would come to the rescue of your boyfriend??? you 2 guys are a joke on here using your big articulate words and with your methodical oppinions i wasnt talking to you jerk breath so mind your own bisiness.why does it bother =you so much that it bothers me??? im intitled to my oppinions and if you dont like it go jump in front of a truck for all i care who the F#@$^%k do you think you are anyway???    i   
    Posted by uppercut

Yeah!  Down with Education!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : This is your 137th post.  I have hated the previous 136.  Nice job here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Quite insightful.  Do you want a medal or something?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

from that last post by uppercut i can only assume these things...1)he's homophobic(...rescue of your boyfriend) 2)he can't understand big words 3)he's 11 years old(...jerk breath?) 4) he was a spelling bee champion(2x oppinion) 5) he has definite anger issues.... other than that he seems like a mature, well  educated, and stable guy.-yikes  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : HAHA That says it all you F#@$ ^ PU^%#Y bet you got in a fight once and got your lip split open so you didnt fight anymore!!! LMAO
    Posted by uppercut

I see the crybaby has erupted into full tantrum mode.  The adminstrator might have to put you back in the crib...

Let the adults talk now, little one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Jerkbreath hehe.. Really burnt you there Dez. OUCH!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Jerkbreath hehe.. Really burnt you there Dez. OUCH!
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

That's the nicest thing he's ever called me and my feelings are hurt less than you might think.BTW,I can't remember who he said was my boyfriend last week so, apparently,I get around.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : How did i know you would come to the rescue of your boyfriend??? you 2 guys are a joke on here using your big articulate words and with your methodical oppinions i wasnt talking to you jerk breath so mind your own bisiness.why does it bother =you so much that it bothers me??? im intitled to my oppinions and if you dont like it go jump in front of a truck for all i care who the F#@$^%k do you think you are anyway???    i   
    Posted by uppercut

Truth be known,I was actually attempting to rescue you from yourself as that was as close as we'll ever be to being in agreement.It's also ironic that the word articulate was one of the few you spelled correctly.What's up with that?Are you just playing stupid(Paris Hilton style)?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

It's interesting that everyone had something to say about Crosby not speaking out about Cooke's hit on Savard (or about any high hits until he was concussed), but now Ference gets roasted here for saying something.

That said, no Andy, you don't say that to the press.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Ference- Good Cop / Bad Team Mate : Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggg......really? Well then, I suggest putting a disclaimer with all future posts alerting other posters that if they haven't played a high enough level of hockey that they might not understand you.  That would be helpful.  I wasted a lot of time reading your comparison and responding, when all along, I was incapable of understanding it on account of only playing college level hockey.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I think you missed his point. It seems that while you were playing college hockey you also made the mistake of occasionally attending class, which would eliminate you from understanding posts that average a spelling error every 3.4 words.

It doesn't seem possible... is it intentional?

Sections
Shortcuts