Ference Hearing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Ference Hearing

badhab...good breakdown, personally-after all the flopping around in this series by the habs, i'm starting to lean towards halpern knowing exactly where he was, and his attempt to "draw a penalty". they are good at that. he fell, laid motionless for 4 or 5 seconds(tried to milk the call), reminds me of spacek. he was motionless on the ice, needed help to his feet, helped off the ice...and 15 real time minutes later, he ready to skate his next shift! miracle! god i'm glad that's the last time we have to watch that garbage this year. i'm hoping at least.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

https://twitter.com/NaokoFunayama

"Ference had a hearing this morning with the league on his contact with Halpern last night in Gm 7- there will be no suspension."

Now lets get on with round two...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Ference Hearing:
    [QUOTE]https://twitter.com/NaokoFunayama "Ference had a hearing this morning with the league on his contact with Halpern last night in Gm 7- there will be no suspension ." Now lets get on with round two...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Thank GOD! Now I can stop reading loser habs fans comments on TSN about the hit.

One that really made me laugh said Ference has a history of dirty hits.

Another said Goons like Ference take out Stars like Halpern.

Hey I know as B's fans were homers but at least were not dellusional and call someone who came in as a healthy scratch a star just because he's on our team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

"...stars like Halpern..."

Oh my god, that's the funniest thing I've ever read!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if Ference gets suspended, it's a farce....

Halpern looked like he had just spotted a beauty in the stands before running into Ference's shoulder....

that should be Ference's story and he should stick to it....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

A hearing is really uncalled for. The only comment I have is that it shows how hard the current protective equipment, worn in pro sports, has become. Don Cherry has been harping on it all year, and the NHL needs to do something to reduce protective gear from becoming weapons of destruction. My read is that Halpern was faking, as noted by his on ice later in the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Let's be serious. Ference clearly intended to make contact with Halpern. There's no doubt he wanted to give Halpern a shot. You're delusional if you think Ference was innocently standing there and was aghast when the players came close. However, as I said in a different thread, this whole thing is ludicrous. If I'm Ference, and I'm playing in a Game 7, midway thru the 3rd in a tie game, I do the EXACT...SAME...THING. I'm all for cleaning up the game and getting rid of headshots. But there are headshots and there are things like this. Anyone who wants to claim that this isn't part of the game needs to pick a new sport to watch.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

What are you smoking today Kennedy, the man did not change his positioning, Halpren skated into him.  If there was head contact then Halpren should be called for interference or charging in that he skated into Ference.  Think, and ask why would Ference want to jeopardize the Bs chances of winning by making a head shot?  He is more intelligent than that.   Give me a break, you are being a homer!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukin. Show lukin's posts

My question is this:  how does a guy who is 5'11" manage to hit his chin on the shoulder of a guy who is also 5'11"?  

The video shows that Halpern cleary angled for Ference's shoulder, lowered his head and skated into Ference; the video also shows that Ference did not dip or raise his shoulder (although he definitely pushed outward) at the moment of impact.  Did Ference mean to hit him, yes.  Did Halpern intend to make contact with Ference after the play and for no reason, yes.  In my eyes, the two wash, and there should be no discipline.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

remember marchand flying into the habs zone earlier this year? he skated INTO a great check by subban- no one here was calling for league action against subban(ok maybe a few)- he has to know where he is on the ice(marchand). subban just held his ground, and plastered him, no problem. there was no issue with that hit because it was a little hab hitting a big mean bruin. but flip the scenario, and it's the big mean bruin hitting smaller hab player who's defenseless. btw... marchand hopped up and skated to the bench, unlike halpern on much less a hit. a suspension might have had me boycotting game 1 in protest. GO B'S

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference Hearing : Neither. I think people who don't think Ference knew exactly what he was doing are incredibly naive. But like I said, I'd do the exact same thing if I were in his skates, which is why I don't find him "guilty" of anything outside of playing hockey to win, which is what he's there for in the first place.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

So answer the question as Jack Edwards pointed out during the game, if Halpren had a head shot why was he playing before the allotted time given for those kind of hits?  I know you won't answer... maybe there is a logical answer.  Certainly I respect you as a poster, said so on many occassions, but if you are defending the Montreal point of view, you are not being objective.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

No suspension!!!!! A just decision, should have never been a hearing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

isla...how about that miracle spacek? he rose from the dead, and 15 real-time minutes later he was back on the bench. think he took his TO also? highly doubt it. fifteen minutes from leaving ice to back on bench- where's the time for evaluation and diagnosis... and the actual 15 minutes of dark-time? never happened, just the habs being the habs. it's difficult to watch, and turning me off to the sport honestly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks the league is saying "no not suspendible but be careful". You didn't move your shoulder much but you didn't get out of the way either. I think it's a warning that this kind of a nonchalant hit could be suspendible in the future if so deemed and were watching you now AF.

I don't agree with this even getting to a hearing but truth be told the League is going to protect it's marketing money making players like Crosby.

Sections
Shortcuts