Ference is Skating Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Ference is Skating Again

What if AF is ready to go ?  Does he insert AF and sit Krug ?  Or does CJ wait for Krug to have a bad game ?....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Ference is Skating Again

He certainly shouldn't replace a guy who produced 4G in 5 gm's and was a +3.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Why replace Krug when you can just replace Barkowski?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I'm a Ference fan, but right now, I'd keep Krug and Bartkowski in the lineup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

AF likely will bump bart.  Not that i agree with it but i think he would be important against pitt.  

Chara/boychuk

seids/af

krug/mcq

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Ference will absolutely not replace Krug.  I'm sure Ference laced up the skates because he's finally healthy enough to do so.  Probably just keeping loose in case somebody else goes down that way he can be inserted into the lineup without too much rust.

If he were to replace anybody, it would be Bartkowski, but I don't even think he should be replaced.

What's the saying?  ...Don't fix it if it ain't broke..

I love AF but his days in a Boston uni are most likely over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hard to believe hamilton, af may have a hard time drawing back in.  If AF is ready i put him in.  And i think everyone knows im not a huge AF supporter.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Move Ference to forward and sit ST

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

AF likely will bump bart.  Not that i agree with it but i think he would be important against pitt.  

Chara/boychuk

seids/af

krug/mcq

I could see Claude doing that against a veteran team like Pitt.  I personally wouldn't make the move but contrary to what some people say here, I think Claude knows what he's doing.

Game 1 can't come soon enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Ok. Now you are just stirring my pot.  Id go with 7 def. but CJ loves ST.  He will be exposed badly in this series.  BADLY.  Skating is pretty important.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Ok. Now you are just stirring my pot.  Id go with 7 def. but CJ loves ST.  He will be exposed badly in this series.  BADLY.  Skating is pretty important.  

Haha you got it!  Can't wait to see ST banging his stick all over the ice after missing his check!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Haha you got it!  Can't wait to see ST banging his stick all over the ice after missing his check!

He sure makes a nice sweep check or bangs into the boards hard.  I love that he is always and i mean always last off the ice when his line changes.  Glad he thinks he needs to double shift.  Also love when he bounces on the bench like a monkey.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Yeah but he's great in the room

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He sure makes a nice sweep check or bangs into the boards hard.  I love that he is always and i mean always last off the ice when his line changes.  Glad he thinks he needs to double shift.  Also love when he bounces on the bench like a monkey.  

Yeah shupe, his long shifts followed by a glide back to the bench are my biggest issue with him at this point. How he doesn't hustle back to the bench is a mystery to me. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Dez & Shupe, I hope you have the same criticism for Jagr, he is much worse at taking long shifts and gliding back to the bench when the puck goes the other way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Dez & Shupe, I hope you have the same criticism for Jagr, he is much worse at taking long shifts and gliding back to the bench when the puck goes the other way.

I absolutely do. It bothers me when any player does it. That said, a future HOFer is able to get away with some things that a grinder isn't. Not fair but the way it is. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

My guess is that Bartkowski will sit and Ference plays if Ference is able to go.

Krug plays unless 1989 Bourque steps out of a Delorian.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think Ference may replace Bartkowski, but kind of lost in all the Krug hoopla is how well Bartkowski has played. He seems to be getting better each game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

IF AF is not 100% Bart will be in.  As soon as he is 100% I believe Ference takes his spot.  If the D gets exposed badly once with AF is back I would expect some shuffling.  No way Krug sits if he keeps playing like he did vs Rangers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shame on you for mentioning a plug against a hof player.  But as dez said its not acceptable when jj does it.  Definitely not and then some when clowny mcdonothing does it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hmm, that's a novel idea - dress 7 D to help with fresh legs against the Pittsburgh attack and skate just 11 forwards with cycling the guys around the thrid and fourth lines to make up for Thorn ton's absence.

I could never see CJ doing it, but I don't think that's actually a bad idea. You know they're going to press so an extra set of legs on the blueline could be beneficial, and you're not losing a lot of offense going the other way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

What he said

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My thinking exactly, "if ain't broken then don't fix it".  

In response to mxt's comment:

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

What he said

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I think Ference may replace Bartkowski, but kind of lost in all the Krug hoopla is how well Bartkowski has played. He seems to be getting better each game.

Just saw a Julien presser NHL Network...

"It's a good sign that he's practicing with us," Bruins coach Claude Julien said after his team followed two days off with an hour-long practice. "I don't know, it's a medical issue that unless the trainers say it's a go -- and sometimes he may be ready but could be risky kind of ready -- I've got to wait and see what the trainers see and also how Andrew feels as well before I make a decision on him."

The bold is why I don't want Ference back in yet and i'm glad Julien brought it up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I absolutely do. It bothers me when any player does it. That said, a future HOFer is able to get away with some things that a grinder isn't. Not fair but the way it is. 

Agree. Surprised CJ hasn't done anything to reign in Thornton's long shifts. It's been a multi year problem.

Sections
Shortcuts