Ference needs to Shut his Pie Hole!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Ference needs to Shut his Pie Hole!

"We're not talking about it," said Ference when asked about Julien's job security. "The only opinion I care about is in this room whether it's about my game, a coach or a teammate. I don't give [an expletive] what anybody else says. It's about what people in our locker room say, because that's all that matters.

"I could care less what anyone else thinks because they're not in this locker room and they don't know what's going on. They really don't know anything. It's not a shot. It's just reality. There is stuff that goes on that people love to guess at and speculate at, but they don't know. So I really only care about people's opinion within this locker room, and it's nobody's opinion in this locker room about any of this [firing the coach] stuff."

Andrew Ference need to shut his pie hole.  I am glad to hear that he doesn't give a bleep about what the President/HOF Cam Neely thinks.  Or for that matter, what the people that pay his salary think, you know, the fans!  He is essentially saying that the fans and media don't know what the heck they are talking about.  Well Andrew, the proof is in the play.  You know the time when all of you stood by and did nothing when Matt Cooke took out Savard, or when Shelly just boarded McQuaid, or when Selanne sent Kampfer head first into the boards.  You care so much about the players in the locker room, do you?  I say, I don't give a bleep what he says!  He will be injured again soon enough and still collect his bloated salary.  Do us a favor Andrew and have one of those middle of the night meetings and get your coach fired like you did Paul Kelly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Ference needs to Shut his Pie Hole!

In Response to Ference needs to Shut his Pie Hole!:
    [QUOTE]"We're not talking about it," said Ference when asked about Julien's job security. "The only opinion I care about is in this room whether it's about my game, a coach or a teammate. I don't give [an expletive] what anybody else says. It's about what people in our locker room say, because that's all that matters. "I could care less what anyone else thinks because they're not in this locker room and they don't know what's going on. They really don't know anything. It's not a shot. It's just reality. There is stuff that goes on that people love to guess at and speculate at, but they don't know. So I really only care about people's opinion within this locker room, and it's nobody's opinion in this locker room about any of this [firing the coach] stuff." Andrew Ference need to shut his pie hole.  I am glad to hear that he doesn't give a bleep about what the President/HOF Cam Neely thinks.  Or for that matter, what the people that pay his salary think, you know, the fans!  He is essentially saying that the fans and media don't know what the heck they are talking about.  Well Andrew, the proof is in the play.  You know the time when all of you stood by and did nothing when Matt Cooke took out Savard, or when Shelly just boarded McQuaid, or when Selanne sent Kampfer head first into the boards.  You care so much about the players in the locker room, do you?  I say, I don't give a bleep what he says!  He will be injured again soon enough and still collect his bloated salary.  Do us a favor Andrew and have one of those middle of the night meetings and get your coach fired like you did Paul Kelly.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Good company boy, was well rewarded with his contract extension.  I don't think he is talking about Neely, rather the media and maybe some fans.

Good to see that he gave a shout-out to NAS though, highlighted and underlined.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Neely is not in the locker room, he is in the front office.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]"We're not talking about it," said Ference when asked about Julien's job security. "The only opinion I care about is in this room whether it's about my game, a coach or a teammate. I don't give [an expletive] what anybody else says. It's about what people in our locker room say, because that's all that matters. "I could care less what anyone else thinks because they're not in this locker room and they don't know what's going on. They really don't know anything. It's not a shot. It's just reality. There is stuff that goes on that people love to guess at and speculate at, but they don't know. So I really only care about people's opinion within this locker room, and it's nobody's opinion in this locker room about any of this [firing the coach] stuff." Andrew Ference need to shut his pie hole.  I am glad to hear that he doesn't give a bleep about what the President/HOF Cam Neely thinks.  Or for that matter, what the people that pay his salary think, you know, the fans!  He is essentially saying that the fans and media don't know what the heck they are talking about.  Well Andrew, the proof is in the play.  You know the time when all of you stood by and did nothing when Matt Cooke took out Savard, or when Shelly just boarded McQuaid, or when Selanne sent Kampfer head first into the boards.  You care so much about the players in the locker room, do you?  I say, I don't give a bleep what he says!  He will be injured again soon enough and still collect his bloated salary.  Do us a favor Andrew and have one of those middle of the night meetings and get your coach fired like you did Paul Kelly.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Wow,just kiss him already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Care to share what question he was asked?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ference needs to Shut his Pie Hole!:
    [QUOTE]Care to share what question he was asked?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    When asked about CJ's job security.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

MeanE,
    you looking to stir things up, clearly he is not referring to Neely, I think anyone whose paid any attention knows that comment is being directed at the media, and yes probably some fans..
    I am all for it, finally showing some team unity, maybe it'll go some where..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

It would shock me if Neely and Chiarelli didn't know what was going on in the locker room. He most likely means the people involved closely with the organization (not necessarily always in the locker room), rather than the media and fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ference needs to Shut his Pie Hole! : When asked about CJ's job security.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    What was he actually asked, though?  Why would he bring up whose opinions count?  That's what seems fishy here.  The question he was asked may make a big difference in understanding his statements.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I worked in hockey for 10 years, when guys talk about the room, they are not talking about the GM & President.  I am not looking to stir anything up.  It irks the bejesus out of me when athletes state that they don't give a bleep what anybody else thinks, when it is these same people that pay their salaries.  What was the percentage of Bruins Fans that think CJ should be fired?  Last time I checked it was around 70%.  That's a large portion of the PAYING public that he is flipping the bird to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"rather the media and maybe some fans."

Ference can say whatever he wants to say. If he wants to back up his coach that's his privilege or if he wants to be spineless and say to James Murphy "Were not on the same page as the coach" but don't quote me.

Fans n media don't hire and fire coaches Jacobs hired Neely and Chiarelli for that. I didn't like what he did to Paul Kelley but Ference sure has earned his stripes this year as he is not been a problem for the coach nor this teams inconsistent play maybe you should quote some the weak wingers on this team instead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

SanDog - I agree that Fans and media don't hire coaches.  However, I think that fans and media play a huge role when it comes to firing coaches.  Don't think for a second that the brass on Causway street does not recognize that 65% of their fan base thinks the coach should go, it does make a difference in their decisions whether you want to believe it or not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Maybe he's just a regular person that's sick about the constant questions.I'm sick of reading it everyday so I can only imagine if I was a player and the questions were relevant to my life.I don't get why it enflames you so much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

MeanE, If you think that Chiarelli, Neely and Jacobs read fan polls you've taken a step backwards. Go to NESN and watch the interview with Brick and Chiarelli two parts. You can't be a GM in major sports and not be patient.

You just can't jump to a conclusion in December for a major decision during the season. I'll just say it a million times this team doesn't have the right pieces to the puzzle trades will happen before Julien gets let go to see if that was the problem.

Again Ference's arrogance is a blessing not a hindrance...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]                 " rather the media and maybe some fans." Ference can say whatever he wants to say. If he wants to back up his coach that's his privilege or if he wants to be spineless and say to James Murphy "Were not on the same page as the coach" but don't quote me. Fans n media don't hire and fire coaches Jacobs hired Neely and Chiarelli for that. I didn't like what he did to Paul Kelley but Ference sure has earned his stripes this year as he is not been a problem for the coach nor this teams inconsistent play maybe you should quote some the weak wingers on this team instead.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I can honestly say I've never heard anyone besides that idiot Glen Healy have anything bad to say about Ference.By all accounts,he's a good temmate and an even better person.In fact I would think less of Ference if Healy supported him.Healy has surpassed Pierre Mcguire as my least favourite hockey personality.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Dez - I am not so sure about that.  I know that Reechi as well as others were very ticked off at Ference before the season last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Dez- Brad Park had some choice words for Ference after the Paul Kelly firing.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2009/09/24/park_levels_some_blasts_at_nhlpa/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Sandog- It's not about patience anymore.  There is new personnel on this team this year and yet we are seeing the same lackluster effort from the players that we saw last season.  40 years has been enough patience.  And yes Cam Neely is aware of fan polls as he is both President of Hockey Ops and Business Ops.  Now PC probably doesn't care what the fans think, but I can assure you that the Business side of the organization certainly does.  Believe me, I have been in those meetings before with other teams, Cam and Jeremy may or may not not read them, but they are made aware of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]I worked in hockey for 10 years, when guys talk about the room, they are not talking about the GM & President.  I am not looking to stir anything up.  It irks the bejesus out of me when athletes state that they don't give a bleep what anybody else thinks, when it is these same people that pay their salaries.  What was the percentage of Bruins Fans that think CJ should be fired?  Last time I checked it was around 70%.  That's a large portion of the PAYING public that he is flipping the bird to.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

No need to so sensitive.  What Ference said is true, not one of us or the media knows what is going on in the locker room.  With all the speculation going on it is likley difficult for the players to do what they need to do, focus on playing hockey.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

"I don't get why it enflames you so much."

It enflames me so much because he is an overpaid athlete that forgets that the guys in the "room" all get paid by the people in the "stands".  Instead of saying I understand that the fans of Boston are upset with the way we have played and I don't blame them, we need to be better and give the fans their money's worth.  He instead lashes out and says I don't give a bleep what they think!  His brotherhood speech is BS, as this team has done nothing on the ice to actually show that they are a "team" in 2 years!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

You are right Orr - None of us know what is going on in the locker room.  We only know what we see on the ice, so whatever it is that is going on in there isn't working and needs to be fixed!  What's the difference between the other 3 teams in Boston and the Bruins?  It's the coach!  CJ and his system are tired and played out.  CJ doesn't even come close to Doc Rivers, Terry Francona, or Bill Belicheck!  His players do not play half as hard as all of these other teams in town do for their coach, and the Pats and Sox have not always been the most talented teams in the league when they have won the championship.  What happens when guys dog it like Randy Moss, they are sent packing!  Hello Michael Ryder?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have no issue with Ference's statement. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Most on this board were saying wait until the Bruins have the full squad and then see what happens.  There is always going to be an excuse with this bunch.  The fact is that this team needs a coach that demands respect and effort on a nightly basis.  It is clear that this is not the case with CJ, as was the case in Mtl and NJ!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

I'm so sick of hearing people say, "the fans pay their salaries." No you don't. You buy tickets. The owner takes your money and does as he pleases. Why should players care what fans or the media think? You really want a player who only plays hard because he gets booed at home? I don't. I want players whose desire to win and beat the other team cannot be influenced by anything other than wanting to win.

Should athletes sign autographs and pose for pictures with fans. Absolutely. But, their play should only be determined by their own determination. Not because the "fans pay thier salaries." Grow up. Stay home, if you wish. Stop reading about them. But don't flatter yourself by thinking your opinion has any bearing on a professional athlete's play. It doesn't. Nor should it.

The only thing that should matter in an athlete's desire to win are 1.) his teammates and 2.) his coach. Yes, the GM and front office can have an effect on whether he plays or not, but they're not on the front lines with the players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]"We're not talking about it," said Ference when asked about Julien's job security. "The only opinion I care about is in this room whether it's about my game, a coach or a teammate. I don't give [an expletive] what anybody else says. It's about what people in our locker room say, because that's all that matters. "I could care less what anyone else thinks because they're not in this locker room and they don't know what's going on. They really don't know anything. It's not a shot. It's just reality. There is stuff that goes on that people love to guess at and speculate at, but they don't know. So I really only care about people's opinion within this locker room, and it's nobody's opinion in this locker room about any of this [firing the coach] stuff."
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I agree (with Ference).  Who hasn't been on a team where this modus operandi isn't the approach?