Ferrance gets 1 game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Ferrance gets 1 game

Is it a lock that Dougie Hamilton will be in the lineup ?  Would they consider Johnson ?  Would they bring up Bartkowski, even though they need al hands on deck down in Providence to avoid a sweep ?....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Re: Ferrance gets 1 game

Dougie Hamilton is next on the depth chart. This sets up perfectly for him to be added.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

That's about right. Head was point of contact. Intent was there to use the elbow/arm for contact but don't believe there was intent to hit him in the head.

Let's hope the kid is ready for playoff hockey, I have some doubt but CJ will limit his exposure to minimize potential damage. I really like Ference's game, especially in the playoffs. Gives it his all!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Ference seemed to struggle early in the season... but I think he has gotten better as the things wore on and his energy and emotion will be missed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Ference seemed to struggle early in the season... but I think he has gotten better as the things wore on and his energy and emotion will be missed.

Time for Hamilton to step up and prove he belongs.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Agreed. 1 game seems fair.

If CJ put's in Johnson over Hamilton..well, that would be a head scratcher. But I've always asserted that CJ just loves his cagey vets, so I wouldn't be totally surprised....angry, yes...surprised, no.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Ference is a big loss, but in no way would Hamilton have looked out of place last night.

7 good defencemen is a very good problem to have in the Playoffs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

If CJ put's in Johnson over Hamilton..well, that would be a head scratcher. But I've always asserted that CJ just loves his cagey vets, so I wouldn't be totally surprised....angry, yes...surprised, no.

There is also the off-chance Bartkowski suits up as well....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

There is also the off-chance Bartkowski suits up as well....

Yeah, but Bartkowski isn't a "cagey vet" yet, so no Claude love. I wouldn't be overly surprised if it was Bartkowski, but Hamilton should really be the choice. The kid has certainly earned his opportunity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

I wouldn't be overly surprised if it was Bartkowski, but Hamilton should really be the choice. The kid has certainly earned his opportunity.

I agree....

...so, Johnson then? Undecided

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

No. It has to be Hamilton. Game #2, at home, up a game - the timing is perfect to give the kid his first Playoff game.

This is what all this healthy scratching of Dougie Hamilton has done - eroded everyone's confidence in him. The longer he stays out of the line-up, the more I worry that it might begin to erode his confidence in himself

Claude has an 'out' (if he feels the need for such things). No one would begrudge him the decision to dress Hamilton

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

If Hamilton does get the start, at least we will finally know that he either isn't ready for playoff hockey or that Claude has a thing against rookies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

If Hamilton does get the start, at least we will finally know that he either isn't ready for playoff hockey or that Claude has a thing against rookies.

It also guarantees his name will be on the cup. GO BRUINS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep, that alone is worth the risk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Why? All it tells me is he's a rookie that's currently 7th on a depth chart. Everyone ahead of him is a seasoned veteran that can play. I love finally having some depth on D instead of playing guys like Hnidy when somebody gets injured.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

He benched Kessel as swell back in the day... I think Claude makes decisions for team success, and not necessarily against the individual ... We all could see Hamilton making bad decisions toward the end of the season....he's young and CJ is teaching him the right way...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Riffing on what Fluto wrote, Hamilton will play with DS to start, but if he struggles, you'll see a lot of Seidenberg-Cedfano with each of them double-shifting periodically with Hamilton.  If it's a close game, I expect Hamilton to play 12:00 or so with a chunk of that coming on the PP.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Why? All it tells me is he's a rookie that's currently 7th on a depth chart. Everyone ahead of him is a seasoned veteran that can play. I love finally having some depth on D instead of playing guys like Hnidy when somebody gets injured.

I thought Bart and AJ had decent years too!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I thought Bart and AJ had decent years too!!!

I agree with you. They weren't flashy but they were effective.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I agree.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Sorry, but that ewasn't a suspendable action. Penalty yes, but the Ref's didn't see it, it wasn't called, too bad. There will be a play that the Leafs get away with too, if they haven't already, and it all balances out. 

Still gets me, m.c. from pittsburgh gets nothing for ending a career, and Ference gets a game for a dirty hit. Guy didn't even miss a shift. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Depth is a good thing to have. I'd be happy with Pevs and Soderberg in if need be and would be comfortable with Bark and def Hamilton. 

And even though Ference's hit wasn't aggregious, it was a suspendabl e hit. Arm is up, hits him in the head, pretty cut and dry

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Ference deserved a game for that elbow.  But nothing more (hear me Null?).  

It will be good for Hamilton to get his feet wet.  Better in Boston than in Toronto me thinks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I bet CJ plays Johnson....Anyone wanna take the bet ?  I bet one frosty Labatt's Blue !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Don't think Ference deserved it but I'm not surprised. At least its only one game. Hope Hamilton is given the nod. Not to worry about cracking under the pressure. Its only the Leafs.