Ferrence Has To Go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Ferrence Has To Go

After selling out his teamate to the press this guy has proven he is more loyal to the owners and management than to his teamates. You may feel one way(right or wrong) but in public you always stick together. Get rid of him, the sooner the better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Ferrence Has To Go

I cannot believe the attention this has gotten.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Strange...I thought Ference was the one who stood up for Tuukka the other night.  
    Your right we definitely have to get rid of one of our most reliable defensemen.  

(Is this thread for real?) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Ferrence Has To Go:
    After selling out his teamate to the press this guy has proven he is more loyal to the owners and management than to his teamates. You may feel one way(right or wrong) but in public you always stick together. Get rid of him, the sooner the better.
    Posted by BRRocker

I don't think this can be a real and actual thread. It's wrong on so many levels it's hard to tell where to start.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

As much as I bashed AF I still don't agree with this. 

End of the line with me on this topic

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyV219. Show JohnnyV219's posts

AF is the first guy to jump in and defend his teammates ie; Rask and Lucic..He didnt go to the press, they came to him and asked him the question. He was honest and I see nothing wrong with what he said..This story is waaaay overblown..But then again, thats the media making a mountain out of a mole hill...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

It surprises me the number of people who think Ference should have been a hypocritical coward and responded with "no comment".  If he had I would have lost all respect for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

This is an issue because of what Cherry and Milbury said.  Consider the source.  These guys make a living by being outrageous. Put yourself in the place of any player on the team.  Would what Ference said really matter to you?  I doubt it.  And, he's right.  You can't be hypocritical on this subject. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence Has To Go:
    It surprises me the number of people who think Ference should have been a hypocritical coward and responded with "no comment".  If he had I would have lost all respect for him.
    Posted by Orrthebest

Most of the team had no comment so are you still a fan?What's so hypocritical about staying quiet?Paille hit was nothing like the  hits received by Savard and Bergeron but everyone's already spent too long on this.I'll end this by saying I'm just tired of Paille being painted with the same brush as Matt Cooke,etc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

This is an issue because of what Cherry and Milbury said.  Consider the source.  These guys make a living by being outrageous. Put yourself in the place of any player on the team.  Would what Ference said really matter to you?  I doubt it.  And, he's right.  You can't be hypocritical on this subject. 
    Posted by scooter244

Amen.  Well stated.

Ference leads the team is plus minus.  He is exceptionally quick and almost never makes mistakes.  He is an excellent skater.  He plays with total heart, all the time.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

Maybe if Syd the Kid had the stones to do this when Cooke hit Savard the league would have done something about head shots sooner.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'll keep repeating the same as others. It's not that he said something. It's what he said & how he said it! Bergeron's reply was perfect! Bringing the Bill Guerin comment in isn't the same. Paille is no Matt Cooke, Paille did a hit that was legal months ago! It's a lessoned learned the hard way for Paille. I agree with the suspension & I agree making a non repeat offender an example. Maybe this will make the repeaters more aware. The media making AF into some kind of hero is just adding fuel & they're the one's that are keeping this going.

Getting rid of AF! RIDICULOUS! I'd get rid of Paille 10x before I'd get rid of Ference!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ferrence Has To Go : Very good point dez and i think if AF had to do the same nobody would even be talking about the paille hit anymore. wheather you like paille or not he is not that type of player and seemed sincerily sorry for it. see Dez i agree with alot of your posts and i have no problem when somebody dissagrees with my oppinion as long as there no sarcasm with it. Cheers
    Posted by uppercut[/Q
    And cheers to you.I realize I can be over the top opinionated and offensive sometimes.Unfortunately,those are my good qualities.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence Has To Go : Most of the team had no comment so are you still a fan?What's so hypocritical about staying quiet?Paille hit was nothing like the  hits received by Savard and Bergeron but everyone's already spent too long on this.I'll end this by saying I'm just tired of Paille being painted with the same brush as Matt Cooke,etc.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I normally agree with you Dez but here I do not. Fact is, Bergy, Wheels, and Claude all said the same as Ference. No one was bashing Paille. They were simply stating the obvious. This is a hit, not only the B's are trying to stop, but the league as well. We can't be hypocrites.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Posted by scooter244

Too be fair.. Cherry and Milbury should get two minutes for piling on, that is all , they weren't the first to comment on this discussion.... This had already been talked about on Friday morning up here as Brad May, Nick Kypreos, Doug McLean, Rob Ray, Jeremy Roenick all took issue with what Ference said .. It was all over the airwaves Friday all day it was being discussed... By the time Cherry/ Milbury  took issue with it on Hockey Night in  Canada it was just adding more fuel to the fire....

I also heard PC today on the local radio show make it very clear that he was not about to give Ference a pass on this , and that maybe Ference should have watched the tape of the hit before commenting... He also noted it wasn't an issue in the room and that if some had a problem they can figure it out... That was good to hear .. So getting rid of Ference for this  is really not a smart idea , he's a reliable player for the B's.. Just wish he would have engaged the brain , before engaging the mouth...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence Has To Go : I normally agree with you Dez but here I do not. Fact is, Bergy, Wheels, and Claude all said the same as Ference. No one was bashing Paille. They were simply stating the obvious. This is a hit, not only the B's are trying to stop, but the league as well. We can't be hypocrites.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Well,we won't always agree but I didn't think the hit was so bad.Let's agree to disagree on this one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence Has To Go : Well,we won't always agree but I didn't think the hit was so bad.Let's agree to disagree on this one.
    Posted by dezaruchi

The hit was not on the same level as Cookes. I think it was a great hockey hit that ended up hitting the head. I have no problem with Ference saying the league cannot be hypocritical. I think people are getting a little too sensitive with his comments. In no way was he going after Paille. He was talking the whole league in general. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

The people that have bought into all the crappolla that the media is spewing from the Paille hit and Ference comments are the ones that need to go!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence Has To Go : Too be fair.. Cherry and Milbury should get two minutes for piling on, that is all , they weren't the first to comment on this discussion.... This had already been talked about on Friday morning up here as Brad May, Nick Kypreos, Doug McLean, Rob Ray, Jeremy Roenick all took issue with what Ference said .. It was all over the airwaves Friday all day it was being discussed... By the time Cherry/ Milbury  took issue with it on Hockey Night in  Canada it was just adding more fuel to the fire.... I also heard PC today on the local radio show make it very clear that he was not about to give Ference a pass on this , and that maybe Ference should have watched the tape of the hit before commenting... He also noted it wasn't an issue in the room and that if some had a problem they can figure it out... That was good to hear .. So getting rid of Ference for this  is really not a smart idea , he's a reliable player for the B's.. Just wish he would have engaged the brain , before engaging the mouth...
    Posted by cowboys9

Good point.  When I first heard of it it was in the context of those two commenting.  They were by no means alone. 
    No way it should be an issue in the room. 
    I have watched the hit on tape, and I still don't like it.  I don't think he was head-hunting, but he did hit the head.  I'm still on the fence as to whether he should have seen it coming or was it blind side.  Not sure. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

trade Chora and Stewart and  Tuccka and krachi
    Posted by pbergeron37

Leave the guy alone - it's just a typo. Still, why the hell would Ference be gone?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Lets just trade this drama away. Trade both Ference and Paille for aspirin

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence Has To Go : Well,we won't always agree but I didn't think the hit was so bad.Let's agree to disagree on this one.
    Posted by dezaruchi

The problem here is trying to perform surgery with a chainsaw - or maybe not surgery...how about slice a roast?

The anti-Ference side sees this kind of logic:

According to AF, Paille's hit was bad; Matt Cooke's hit was bad; therefore Ference is saying Paille is Matt Cooke.

All sorts of room for distinctions in here that people just refuse to make because you can't think over the braying of the donkeys.  Paille's hit was "bad" because he blindsided the guy, not because it was late and not because he was head-hunting.  Think of it as an extension of a hit from behind.  Matt Cooke's hit on Savard was "dirty" because he was head-hunting, because it was very late, because Savard was clearly in a vulnerable position, AND because if was from the blindside.  Ference didn't call Paille dirty.  He didn't call him a Matt Cooke.  The closest he came to linking the two was by implying that the Bruins have seen the impact hits to the head have, and so they can't preach 'respect' on one hand and ignore the lack of respect Paille showed.

Also, "no comment" to me is worse than what Ference said.  It leaves the media all sorts of room to interpret that as "they're hating Paille" to "they're closing ranks to protect a guy who threw a bad hit".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence Has To Go : The problem here is trying to perform surgery with a chainsaw - or maybe not surgery...how about slice a roast? The anti-Ference side sees this kind of logic: According to AF, Paille's hit was bad; Matt Cooke's hit was bad; therefore Ference is saying Paille is Matt Cooke. All sorts of room for distinctions in here that people just refuse to make because you can't think over the braying of the donkeys.  Paille's hit was "bad" because he blindsided the guy, not because it was late and not because he was head-hunting.  Think of it as an extension of a hit from behind.  Matt Cooke's hit on Savard was "dirty" because he was head-hunting, because it was very late, because Savard was clearly in a vulnerable position, AND because if was from the blindside.  Ference didn't call Paille dirty.  He didn't call him a Matt Cooke.  The closest he came to linking the two was by implying that the Bruins have seen the impact hits to the head have, and so they can't preach 'respect' on one hand and ignore the lack of respect Paille showed. Also, "no comment" to me is worse than what Ference said.  It leaves the media all sorts of room to interpret that as "they're hating Paille" to "they're closing ranks to protect a guy who threw a bad hit".
    Posted by Bookboy007

PC and myself both expected the same thing of Ference.........that he say something along the lines of "I'd prefer not to comment on this until I see a replay".Do we all think AF was the only Bruin asked what he thought of the hit?I'm sure the vultures(media)went around the room and asked every single guy the same questions.Most chose not to comment(which many of you see as somehow being worse).Better to be silent and thought a fool,than to open your mouth and prove it..........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

its funny... both sides of this argument could not be further apart....those who don't like AF saying this-say it will divide the team. those that find it ok-think its a team builder.hmmmmm???????i've stated my opinion- to no avail...i'm done with it. we will find out what the organization feels about it come trade deadline.

Sections
Shortcuts