Ferrence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Ferrence

Love the way that Ferrence stood up for his teammate last night. This guy repeatedly answers the bell when it comes to standing up and being accountable when the situation warrants.
    I will be the first to admit that I was critical when PC signed him to his latest contract but, I also have no problem saying I was wrong. This guy has heart.

He went through a rough stretch at the beginning of the season with the players association and then the backlash regarding the Paille issue but, in the end, he came out looking like a solid guy.

He would probably be a Captain on alot of other teams in the league.
    Speaking of Captains, as much as I like Chara and what he brings to the team, i wish the B's would do the right thing and give the C to a guy like Bergeron who is continually developing into a player who is worthy of the honor.
    Just saying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Ferrence

I agree with the Ference assesment as far as sticking up for players. I for the life of me don't get why people have a problem with Chara being a captain. Not sure how ference could be captain of another team and Chara can't be captain of this team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

lets start by getting his name right. "Ference." Ference would go toe to toe with anyone in this league to back up a teammate....gotta love the guy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence:
    I agree with the Ference assesment as far as sticking up for players. I for the life of me don't get why people have a problem with Chara being a captain. Not sure how ference could be captain of another team and Chara can't be captain of this team.
    Posted by kelvana33

Chara was tremendous in his role as team leader last night. Bergeron is my favourite player but I think Chara is the obvious choice to lead the Bruins.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Posted by kelvana33

I really do like Chara and I think he is a good captain. I just see Bergeron emerging as a better candidate for the job. I would not be opposed to having dual captains on this team as well. I understand that would be breaking with hockey tradition but it does work in football.
    I also think that it is a role that Bergeron would thrive under and may allow him to become more of a mentor to some of the younger guys. Lets face it, there are a number of guys on this team who could benefit from the tutelage of Patrice Bergeron.
    Its sort of like that really good employee at work who gets promoted to supervisor and helps his co-workers to get better and better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I don't have an issue with resigning him, it's what they paid him.  Chiarelli blinked and overpaid him. Would you rather have kept Mark Stuart or Ference? Not a knock on Ference, but that's the question you have to ask.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Can't argue with you there King. I certainly preferred Stuart's game over what Ference brings to the table. Stuart also had no problems stepping up for a teammate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

lets start by getting his name right. "Ference." Ference would go toe to toe with anyone in this league to back up a teammate....gotta love the guy
    Posted by thedauber1

You are right about the spelling (sorry). I try to sneak these posts in while I'm at work and get rushed.

The guy might be overpaid but I feel much better about overpaying for him and what he brings to the table than giving Ryder 4 million to do nothing night after night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Stu would have given a better beat down, tho.

So Ryder is overpaid, well lets overpay Ference and give a raise to Seidenberg that noone else would, now we can overpay Kaberle as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

miss Stuey back there, he loved to punish the peppers ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't have an issue with resigning him, it's what they paid him.  Chiarelli blinked and overpaid him. Would you rather have kept Mark Stuart or Ference? Not a knock on Ference, but that's the question you have to ask.

Ference, for me.  A better rounded player, IMO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ference as captain on other teams?  name them

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Bergeron would make a good captain, that is why he has the A on his sweater

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Posted by shuperman

p-bruins

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence : p-bruins
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Ahead of Reich?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Chara was tremendous in his role as team leader last night. Bergeron is my favourite player but I think Chara is the obvious choice to lead the Bruins.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Right on... teammates and fans alike watch him in awe. You could see by the third period that he was hurting from illness but he toughed it out. Chara is a stud.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Yeah unlike Thomas (Five hole assh@le) he raised to the occasion!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't have an issue with resigning him, it's what they paid him.  Chiarelli blinked and overpaid him. Would you rather have kept Mark Stuart or Ference? but that's the question you have to ask. Posted by RidingWithTheKing

2.25Mil is not allot of money it's league average and moveable. You can't say Ference's +/- is because of Big Z Andrew isn't paired with him. If Mark Stuart hadn't gotten injured he'd still be here it was bad luck cause while he was hurt McQuaid played great.

It's not a question I have to ask because it's second guessing a trade that can't be taken back. Ference is solid no matter who they pair with him with. I miss the caveman but not more than I would miss Ference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Ferrence : 2.25Mil is not allot of money it's league average and moveable. You can't say Ference's +/- is because of Big Z Andrew isn't paired with him. If Mark Stuart hadn't gotten injured he'd still be here it was bad luck cause while he was hurt McQuaid played great. It's not a question I have to ask because it's second guessing a trade that can't be taken back. Ference is solid no matter who they pair with him with. I miss the caveman but not more than I would miss Ference.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

My sentiments exactly, to add, it's seems as if because of his outspoken beliefs he has much more scrutiny from the Bs fans.  He is a solid 4th defenseman when not injured.  His salary was only shocking in that he had been injured the past few seasons.  Thornton or Marchand on the offense make constant errors but seemingly escape the wrath of the Bs as they are energy guys?  Cheers. Go Bruins!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Posted by shuperman

I'll entertain this question. Maybe Edm? That's all I got that maybe he would get the C if he had been there for a while.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Rather keep Ference .  I was certain he would go back west and finish his career close to home.
    He chose to remain in Boston and to me that says a lot.
    He's not overpaid.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Yea, I was pretty critical and skeptical of the signing when I heard of it. But he's a great Defensive D, plays a solid game, is able to transition smoothly out of the offensive zone, and always answers the bell. And you're dead on that he's a great leader. I'm still a little skeptical of the amount of money he got, but that ship's sailed. I like him, and I would re-sign him until he either decides to leave Boston, asks for way too much money, or retires.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from taylorhall10. Show taylorhall10's posts

You people are nuts if you'd rather have kept Stuart over Ference.  Stuart is your classic, Bruins, plodding stay at home defender.  Stuart is Adam McQuaid (who i like at the 600K per year), at 3x the cost.  Ference's skill set, namely skating, with above average stick handling for a defenseman, is a much greater asset for this Bruins team, then the toughness that Stuart brought.  We struggle enough transitioning from Defense to Offense, and getting out of our own end.  If you were to swap out Ference for Stuart, it would be an even bigger problem. 

That being said, I'd like Ference more at 1.8 million, vs the 2.2 millon that he's getting. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ference is overpaid and was given the contract based on what? Most games missed by a Bruins dman.  He is having a solid year but they could have picked up a lot of good quality dmen for that price. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I recant my last statement.  I just checked the salaries of dmen in this league and its very brutal.  I would have taken Hal Gill over Ference though.

Here is the list. 
    http://www.blackhawkzone.com/salaries/defense.php?orderby=PlayerName

Sections
Shortcuts