Fight Night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Fight Night

So...I'm going to say that if Lucic doesn't fight with one of the 3. Orr, Fraser, or McLaren I'm willing to bet something is wrong with him physically. S.T could end up getting another concussion if he isn't careful, all three of these guys can throwem'. This is the time we need AQ in the lineup. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Fight Night

I keep thinking that but the only B that has been willing to throw em against the Leafs this season has been eternal scratch MacDermid. Not holding my breath....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If the doctors have cleared Thornton to play then he needs to do his job and fight. So if Shawn gets hurt that is just too bad for him as he is easily replaced. If Lucic fights tonight  that is just dumb becuase that means he is in the box for 5 minutes each time he goes with any LOAF thug.

What a great thing it would be for Lucic to get hurt and he misses the playoffs becuase a yard ape like Orr, who doesn't belong in the same hockey-skilled-building as Milan, baited him into a fight. That would be a win for Toronto getting rid of a division foes top 6 forward and a big loss for Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

If the doctors have cleared Thornton to play then he needs to do his job and fight. So if Shawn gets hurt that is just too bad for him as he is easily replaced. If Lucic fights tonight  that is just dumb becuase that means he is in the box for 5 minutes each time he goes with any LOAF thug.

What a great thing it would be for Lucic to get hurt and he misses the playoffs becuase a yard ape like Orr, who doesn't belong in the same hockey-skilled-building as Milan, baited him into a fight. That would be a win for Toronto getting rid of a division foes top 6 forward and a big loss for Boston.

I agree but I think Lucic going with Phaneuf (not likely) or Fraser (possible) on the backend is not such a bad thing. Get's him engaged and minute-wise it would be a wash. He should, however, avoid McLaren and Orr, that's ST's job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I'd much rather see MacDermid in the line up than Pandolfo. Neither have any offense in them but at least MacDermid can skate and will play physical. Pandolfo does absolutely zero. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I'd much rather see MacDermid in the line up than Pandolfo. Neither have any offense in them but at least MacDermid can skate and will play physical. Pandolfo does absolutely zero. 

We beat Pandopho pretty badly around here, but he is at least defensively responsible.

MacDermid, with gloves on, is useless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Defensively responsible" shouldn't be a synonym for useless with the puck.  He's like William H. Macy in the The Cooler - the puck runs away from him.  Makes him great defensively because he just has to be close to the puck for it to run away from whoever has it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

So...I'm going to say that if Lucic doesn't fight with one of the 3. Orr, Fraser, or McLaren I'm willing to bet something is wrong with him physically. S.T could end up getting another concussion if he isn't careful, all three of these guys can throwem'. This is the time we need AQ in the lineup. 

Don't no if i want Lucic fighting any of those goons,i just wan't him to be Physical,and stop thinking he is Gretzky,nothing fancy get shots on net and him and Horton crash the net for rebounds.Take Pandolfo out and put Mecdermid in to fight,i'm sure i didn't spell name right sorry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thornton has to go tonight.

No matter what.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Real question is whether or not Horton is 100% or not and the proof of that is will he continue his long standing feud with Phaneuf.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

LOL

Fraser McLaren is so tough, he counts as two.

I believe he spells his name with a Z...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I agree but I think Lucic going with Phaneuf (not likely) or Fraser (possible) on the backend is not such a bad thing. Get's him engaged and minute-wise it would be a wash.

What ? Lucic in the box for 5 minutes is useless. How is Milan useful in the penalty box with a possible instegator going to help an obviously putrid offensive hockey club ?

It's serves no purpose to have Lucic in the penalty box. Oh wait it excites and motivates his teammates I forgot.

"Damn it I turned on the Leafs-Bruins and there no fights, what a bummer! I'm glad the Bruins got the valuable points while they are going through these injuries but I wanted to see Lucic pound on someone."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, JM, I fouled that one up.  I edited it, but it was too late!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Real question is whether or not Horton is 100% or not and the proof of that is will he continue his long standing feud with Phaneuf.

Would love to see him in the same mood tonight vs Phaneuf as he was last Saturday against Matt Hendricks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

What ? Lucic in the box for 5 minutes is useless. How is Milan useful in the penalty box with a possible instegator going to help an obviously putrid offensive hockey club ?

I guess this is where you and I differ I guess. I would rather Milan be hitting, threatening, and dropping the gloves once in a while to put the fear of god in the opposing Dmen which gives him more space and opportunity for turnovers than Fats playing his passive, uninspired, errant pass, could-care-less style.

If it takes 5 mins in the box to wake him up, then so be it. Just my opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I just cant see the valur of fighting someone like Orr,only reason he is in game is to fight,same as Larroque use to .

I guess this is where you and I differ I guess. I would rather Milan be hitting, threatening, and dropping the gloves once in a while to put the fear of god in the opposing Dmen which gives him more space and opportunity for turnovers than Fats playing his passive, uninspired, errant pass, could-care-less style.

If it takes 5 mins in the box to wake him up, then so be it. Just my opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Who said anything about him fighting Orr? That's ST's job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

San, I think your missing my point. I don't necessary want Lucic fighting Orr, or anyone else, but I want to see him engaged more. He hasn't stopped the hitting. He's been fairly consistent there, but I want to see the Lucic of old & he hasn't been that a lot this yr. I'd rather see him smacking people around & taking a retalotory penalty as long as it shows some nasty with his game. He's a fawking beast when he plays like the Lucic we all clammed onto when he arrived.   That's who I want to see. Honestly I'd rather see him take 7 minutes in Pentalty's than a hat-trick right now. At least it would tell us...OK. Lucic is back & he's fine. Hope that helps give some clarity where I'm going with this. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'll take him fighting ANYBODY at this juncture! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Even the mascot?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

True, nite.  That's his function.  His capacity on the Bruins is to respond to what those players are sure to try and deter it from happening again.  If he's not performing that role management has to reassess him holding that job.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Even the mascot?

That would be funny.  Thornton pulling the jersey over the head of Carleton The Bear.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

We beat Pandopho pretty badly around here, but he is at least defensively responsible.

MacDermid, with gloves on, is useless.

Since when do you care about that? Last week you were calling for Bourque to be reinserted into the lineup and he's the worst defensive player in the organization at this point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

lol.....RHO.

Sections
Shortcuts