FIGHT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

FIGHT

This team has to fight for what they get and have not done so for some time. When they fight they get dominance and teams back off. Until they start to fight for what they need and be hard to play against their toast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Re: FIGHT

Problem is Campbell is always the one fighting (and I do admire him for it) but he always loses.  I think a good strong physical game would do wonders.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

It's almost like they decided to turn into a finesse team, but with very few finesse players. It's hard to watch them play this soft and get pushed around, especially in their own building. I'm hoping CJ gets axed and Laviolette becomes available soon. Philly might not be good but they play hard. We used to.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like fighting insofar as it helps them win, protects teammates, and helps rally the spirits.  I'm not sure a random fight last night would have helped with any of that.  I also think your dealing with a veteran team that isn't always gonna ramp their efforts up and down on the basis of fighting.  

I think they are saving some of the emotion for games that matter instead of slugging it out with a bottom feeder like Buffalo in the regular season.  Keep your eye on the prize.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

It's almost like they decided to turn into a finesse team, but with very few finesse players. It's hard to watch them play this soft and get pushed around, especially in their own building. I'm hoping CJ gets axed and Laviolette becomes available soon. Philly might not be good but they play hard. We used to.  

Laviolette was a notorious anti-fighting coach when he came to Philly.  I remember the interviews and the Philly media worried about his style.  But then the GM fills the roster with thugs, so they fight a lot.  Great.  He also coaches a talent-laden team that stinks.

I'll take a Stanley Cup and continuous high-end playoff finishes, over a team that fights a lot and can't make the playoffs.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Laviolette was a notorious anti-fighting coach when he came to Philly.  I remember the interviews and the Philly media worried about his style.  But then the GM fills the roster with thugs, so they fight a lot.  Great.  He also coaches a talent-laden team that stinks.

I'll take a Stanley Cup and continuous high-end playoff finishes, over a team that fights a lot and can't make the playoffs.

A talent laden team? What Philly team are you watching? They've had lots of injuries this year and are playing with a minor league defence. Haven't looked up the numbers yet but I don't think they have that many fighting majors. Shelly has been out most of the year and they got rid of Sesito. What they do well is work and skate hard. If our work ethic matched theirs, no telling how many points we'd have. Our talent is far superior.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A talent laden team? What Philly team are you watching? They've had lots of injuries this year and are playing with a minor league defence. Haven't looked up the numbers yet but I don't think they have that many fighting majors. Shelly has been out most of the year and they got rid of Sesito. What they do well is work and skate hard. If our work ethic matched theirs, no telling how many points we'd have. Our talent is far superior.

Yeah, it hasn't gone well.  Do you remember the predictions for Philly at the beginning of the season?  

Giroux, Hartnell, Voracek, Timonen, Briere, Simmonds, Schenn, etc.  Yeah, talented.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

right on Fletch. Peter La violette is not an answer for the bruins. claude may no longer be the right leader to transition to a speedier, more skilled team, but he has had his success

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Yeah, it hasn't gone well.  Do you remember the predictions for Philly at the beginning of the season?  

Giroux, Hartnell, Voracek, Timonen, Briere, Simmonds, Schenn, etc.  Yeah, talented.

Giroux - yes. Hartnell - best year last year because of Jagr. Voracek - yes, and has worked hard (finally). Timonen - yes, with lots of miles on him. Briere - when he's not hurt. Simmonds - up and coming. Schenn - which one? Luke - big hits, not so much else. Brayden - looks lost this year. Fletch - that group, nor the rest of their roster, can match us in talent. And four of their defencemen don't even belong in the league right now, but due to injury are up. I watch almost every Philly game hoping they lose and have hated them since the early 70's. I do, however, respect that they bust their butts every game and stick up for each other. It's pretty clear that in watching the Bruins play this year they cannot say that about themselves. Maybe things will change playoff time, we'll see

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Giroux - yes. Hartnell - best year last year because of Jagr. Voracek - yes, and has worked hard (finally). Timonen - yes, with lots of miles on him. Briere - when he's not hurt. Simmonds - up and coming. Schenn - which one? Luke - big hits, not so much else. Brayden - looks lost this year. Fletch - that group, nor the rest of their roster, can match us in talent. And four of their defencemen don't even belong in the league right now, but due to injury are up. I watch almost every Philly game hoping they lose and have hated them since the early 70's. I do, however, respect that they bust their butts every game and stick up for each other. It's pretty clear that in watching the Bruins play this year they cannot say that about themselves. Maybe things will change playoff time, we'll see

mxt, I'm not arguing that the Flyers don't have problems or whether they are some great team or not.  I think they stink and their defense is horrible.

I'm responding to the notion that Laviolette would be a better choice than CJ with my opinion that, A) Laviolette is not a big fighting and toughness coach -- he has been known to discourage it but they fight because his clownish GM keeps signing thugs; B) The Flyers, while flawed, have underachieved greatly and their considerable talent has been wasted by a porous defense, goaltending, and general lack of execution.  I don't think Laviolette compares to CJ favorably this year, or over the past three years.

I share your hate of Philly, so its been a pleasure to watch them this year.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts