final 11 barometer for playoff success

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

final 11 barometer for playoff success

well...it seems the B's have the perfect schedule to end the season- 8 out of the final 11 games are home contests(5 out of the next 8 on road). what more could they ask for? if there was ever a time to get hot at home... that's the time. those final 11 games could very well predict their playoff success. strong home play to finish the season= cup run? mediocre home play= more of the same? if this team goes on a late run at home...it could become VERY interesting  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: final 11 barometer for playoff success

I wouldn't read too much into the final stretch. The Bs will rest Thomas often and will tweek the lines a bit to see what will work if someone goes down.

Now is the time to keep everyone fresh and healthy not a dry run for the playoffs IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to final 11 barometer for playoff success:
    well...it seems the B's have the perfect schedule to end the season- 8 out of the final 11 games are home contests(5 out of the next 8 on road). what more could they ask for? if there was ever a time to get hot at home... that's the time. those final 11 games could very well predict their playoff success. strong home play to finish the season= cup run? mediocre home play= more of the same? if this team goes on a late run at home...it could become VERY interesting  
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I hope it starts tonight! They need to come out strong and stick to their game plan. Tonight will be a good test of character for this team. 2nd place is at stake and I can't wait to see how this team responds. After a long road trip, I would expect a little bit of a slow start but with so much at stake, let's see who leads the pack tonight!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: final 11 barometer for playoff success:
    In Response to final 11 barometer for playoff success : I hope it starts tonight! They need to come out strong and stick to their game plan. Tonight will be a good test of character for this team. 2nd place is at stake and I can't wait to see how this team responds. After a long road trip, I would expect a little bit of a slow start but with so much at stake, let's see who leads the pack tonight!
    Posted by Ronstar8

Agreed.  The B's can't/won't win them all, but tonight is important because they can move into 2nd and beat a good team at home.  If they're to take a top four spot (and they should) they'll open at home and it's time to establish themselves as a tough opponent at home, as they've already done on the road.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

#1 priority (not that there's much control over it) is to stay healthy for the playoffs. I'd rather they go .500 the rest of the way and keep everyone healthy than win the majority of the games and lose a key player or 2 just to have a better seeding.

I do think tonight's game is very important to show that they can win at home, since it's likely home ice will be there for at least the first round.

The worst games i've seen this team play this year--the most listless and lifeless--have been at home, which is worrisome. (On the other hand, a small # of games--the Dallas game, the 7-5 Philly game, and the 8-6 Montreal game) have also been home winners, so the ability to be strong on home ice is there.)

I would love to see them come out tonight w/urgency--score the first goal, please!-- and purpose. This can be a statement game...moving ahead of TB in the standings AND showing the rest of the league (and the fans) that they're not just road warriors.

Sections
Shortcuts