Final Grades: Regular season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Final Grades: Regular season

Kelly gives up the puck along the boards a lot and offense dies on his stick when he has an open look in the slot. Since Kelly's return from his broken leg, unintentional slash (cough!), he has been a lot better winning more battles in the offensive zone. 

He will take all the defensive zone faceoffs. I would give Kelly a B for the season based on what  Julien wants of him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Grades are based on production compared to expectations

Tuukka Rask - A-. He'll likely win the Vezina, I think most people in the hockey world would consider him the best goalie in the world. The reason he doesn't get an A is a couple moments of inconsistency. I think he can take his game to another level. 

Chad Johnson - A+. what more could you want. 

Zdeno Chara - A+. Added a big of a mean streak this year. Rejuvinated the PP, great leadership, great season. 

Dennis Seidenberg - incomplete 

Johnny Boychuk - A. Career highs in goals (although he's scored 5 twice before), assists, points, plus minus, shooting percentage, and hits. Phenomenal year for him. really picked it up.

Dougie Hamilton - A-/B+. Great season from him. good on the powerplay, good for the transition game, good production, and a very respectable plus minus. Really happy with Dougie's progress. 

Torey Krug - B. - 40 points, over .5 points per game for a rookie d man is great. Awesome on the PP and a +19 is great for a guy who put up half his points on the PP.

Andrej Meszaros - D. I expected more. 

Matt Bartkowski - B-. Inconsistent. but pretty good production from a rookie 7th d man. I expected more, but perhaps my expectations were unreasonably high. 

Adam McQuaid - D. Might seem unfair, and maybe he should get an incomplete, but c'mon McQuaid get healthy. 

Kevan Miller - A. Who expected this guy to play this well? you did? no, you're a liar. 

Patrice Bergeron - A++. I said a couple weeks ago that he's not a hart finalist quality player. I take that back. Crosby should still win, but 30-32-62 for a guy that plays 17:59 per game, with a ton of short handed time, and a league leading plus minus is unreal. 7 PP goals to lead the team? That's more like it Bergy.

Brad Marchand - C+/B-. I was hoping he would take the next step in terms of goal scoring, but he regressed a bit in terms of production this year. I'm hoping he becomes a 30-35 guy, not a 25-30 guy. 

Reilly Smith - A-. It's unfortunate that he hit that cold streak, but I don't think anyone expected a 20 goal season out of him. Great fit with this team. 

David Krejci - A. Pretty darn close to a career year for him, and a plus 39 doesn't hurt things. 

Jarome Iginla - B. Iginla was Iginla, I hope he stays. 

Milan Lucic - C+/B-. A good year, but I would like to see more than 24 goals out of him. Still love what he brings on the forecheck. 

Carl Soderberg - A (at center) B (at wing). Thrilled with him. He really made that third line go. 

Chris Kelly - C-. Was definitely hoping for more offensively, but he plays the system and certainly hasn't hurt that third line. 

Loui Eriksson - Incomplete/C. He's definitely started to come around, but the injuries and a rough start wasn't what I was hoping for. 

Gregory Campbell - C+. Just a pretty standard year for a good fourth line center. 

Daniel Paille - C-. Didn't produce nearly as much as last year. 

Shawn Thornton - F. If he can't win fights what good is he?

Jordan Caron - F-------. He might be the most overpaid human being on the planet. Let's demote him to the federal league. I hear the danbury Whalers need a third line RW. 

Matt Fraser - D. I expected way more from him. I was hoping he could take over the fourth line RW and we wouldn't have to see 22 in the playoffs. 

This has to be the S hittiest final grade thread I ever seen. Nobody on this team deserves less than a B. They have just came off a 54 win season & finished 1st overall. Btw- Varlamov is going to give Rask a good run for the Vezina. Also, Quick is still considered the best in the world. If Rask can help bring in a cup? Then he'll be ranked with Quick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

BDC gets an F MINUS for releasing software like this!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Grades are based on production compared to expectations

Tuukka Rask - A-. He'll likely win the Vezina, I think most people in the hockey world would consider him the best goalie in the world. The reason he doesn't get an A is a couple moments of inconsistency. I think he can take his game to another level. 

Chad Johnson - A+. what more could you want. 

Zdeno Chara - A+. Added a big of a mean streak this year. Rejuvinated the PP, great leadership, great season. 

Dennis Seidenberg - incomplete 

Johnny Boychuk - A. Career highs in goals (although he's scored 5 twice before), assists, points, plus minus, shooting percentage, and hits. Phenomenal year for him. really picked it up.

Dougie Hamilton - A-/B+. Great season from him. good on the powerplay, good for the transition game, good production, and a very respectable plus minus. Really happy with Dougie's progress. 

Torey Krug - B. - 40 points, over .5 points per game for a rookie d man is great. Awesome on the PP and a +19 is great for a guy who put up half his points on the PP.

Andrej Meszaros - D. I expected more. 

Matt Bartkowski - B-. Inconsistent. but pretty good production from a rookie 7th d man. I expected more, but perhaps my expectations were unreasonably high. 

Adam McQuaid - D. Might seem unfair, and maybe he should get an incomplete, but c'mon McQuaid get healthy. 

Kevan Miller - A. Who expected this guy to play this well? you did? no, you're a liar. 

Patrice Bergeron - A++. I said a couple weeks ago that he's not a hart finalist quality player. I take that back. Crosby should still win, but 30-32-62 for a guy that plays 17:59 per game, with a ton of short handed time, and a league leading plus minus is unreal. 7 PP goals to lead the team? That's more like it Bergy.

Brad Marchand - C+/B-. I was hoping he would take the next step in terms of goal scoring, but he regressed a bit in terms of production this year. I'm hoping he becomes a 30-35 guy, not a 25-30 guy. 

Reilly Smith - A-. It's unfortunate that he hit that cold streak, but I don't think anyone expected a 20 goal season out of him. Great fit with this team. 

David Krejci - A. Pretty darn close to a career year for him, and a plus 39 doesn't hurt things. 

Jarome Iginla - B. Iginla was Iginla, I hope he stays. 

Milan Lucic - C+/B-. A good year, but I would like to see more than 24 goals out of him. Still love what he brings on the forecheck. 

Carl Soderberg - A (at center) B (at wing). Thrilled with him. He really made that third line go. 

Chris Kelly - C-. Was definitely hoping for more offensively, but he plays the system and certainly hasn't hurt that third line. 

Loui Eriksson - Incomplete/C. He's definitely started to come around, but the injuries and a rough start wasn't what I was hoping for. 

Gregory Campbell - C+. Just a pretty standard year for a good fourth line center. 

Daniel Paille - C-. Didn't produce nearly as much as last year. 

Shawn Thornton - F. If he can't win fights what good is he?

Jordan Caron - F-------. He might be the most overpaid human being on the planet. Let's demote him to the federal league. I hear the danbury Whalers need a third line RW. 

Matt Fraser - D. I expected way more from him. I was hoping he could take over the fourth line RW and we wouldn't have to see 22 in the playoffs. 

This has to be the S hittiest final grade thread I ever seen. Nobody on this team deserves less than a B. They have just came off a 54 win season & finished 1st overall. Btw- Varlamov is going to give Rask a good run for the Vezina. Also, Quick is still considered the best in the world. If Rask can help bring in a cup? Then he'll be ranked with Quick.

that has to be the S hittiest goalie ranking I've ever read. Who considers Quick the best in the world? The people that remember that one really good season he had? I don't think it's the people that have seen him play outside of 2012 and witnessed him be merely slightly above average. 

Sections
Shortcuts