Finally Chara up front on the PP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Finally Chara up front on the PP

That PP was the best one of the night.  I hope they stick with it, he's harder to cover down there than up top, not to mention his screening ability.  Good in-game adjustment by CJ.

Chara was a beast tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Finally Chara up front on the PP

I have been begging to see Chara in front of the net since game 1 of the playoffs.  AS expected Big Z drawing a lot of attention and also no one can move him.   I hope they comeback with that strategy next time!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I mean how doopid can Geoff Ward be !?!? How long has everyone been asking for Big Z to put in front of the net on the PP ? such a joke!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Finally Chara up front on the PP:
    That PP was the best one of the night.  I hope they stick with it, he's harder to cover down there than up top, not to mention his screening ability.  Good in-game adjustment by CJ. Chara was a beast tonight.
    Posted by hangnail

That he was, hang.  Detroit's Holstrom has made a career out of screening goalies a the edge of their crease.  I'd imagine NHL calibre netminders will stop most shots they can see.  Finally Julien put a larger, stronger obstruction on the opposition's doorstep.  It makes me appreciate how Esposito set up shop in that area for so many years. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I actually wasn't certain it was going to work.  I always thought it was worth a try but I didn't think it was a no-brainer.  I think Seguin coming off the half wall with Kaberle at QB and Seidenberg on the other point is now obvious.  I think with a 1 goal lead Seguin may be glued to the bench in all critical situations but I wish they would give him that opportunity.  In most cases when he has been out there with Kaberle on the PP it has looked good.  I'm not sure who the fifth man on his would be but I thinl I would try Marchand for his creativity and constant movement first.  Horton for his great shot and ability to find soft spots and then Bergeron for his overall savvy in that order.  Those top four I'm convinced are who our PP1 should be built around at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Finally Chara up front on the PP:
    I mean how doopid can Geoff Ward be !?!? How long has everyone been asking for Big Z to put in front of the net on the PP ? such a joke!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Dawg - We can only imagine how fast Ward's deodorant is activated each time he passes Neely in the halls of the Garden.  Hope he's shown the door in the summer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If I'm Mike Smith, I send Claude Julien a thank you note for putting the guy with 106 m.p.h shot in front of me..I also thank him for constantly sending Recchi out there on the PP and leaving Seguin on the bench. I don't care if you put a guy 11 feet tall in front of me, I've never had to look OVER someone to try and find the puck...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

Chara up front and put Bergeron back at the point, he handles the puck well and has a quick accurate shot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Chara up front and put Bergeron back at the point, he handles the puck well and has a quick accurate shot.
    Posted by dwtime

I have always liked the idea of this but I also have been been disappointed by the results everytime.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

I think it's a good thing to do maybe 1/4 of the time just to keep them on their toes, otherwise his shot is too hard. Way too hard. Need a body up front? Horton/Lucic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Maybe the world is really ending soon Julien did an in game adjustment!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'd like to see him stay up front until the PP starts svucking again.  What is there to lose, really?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Ask Smith if he saw anything with Chara in front of him!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'd like to see him stay up front until the PP starts svucking again.  What is there to lose, really?
    Posted by hangnail

Chara actually nearly potted one on a terriffic tip in front. It just got up over the cross bar.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Finally Chara up front on the PP : Dawg - We can only imagine how fast Ward's deodorant is activated each time he passes Neely in the halls of the Garden.  Hope he's shown the door in the summer. Posted by RichHillOntario

Yes we can hope RHO Yell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

105 mph slapshots from the blueline are useless without screens.  Put Chara's big rear-end infront of a 6' 4" Smith and our PP might be interesting again. 

The second unit with Sequin had some good looks too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ask Smith if he saw anything with Chara in front of him!!
    Posted by lucaooo

I just did, he said he saw the puck well since he made every save with Chara in front of him...He went on to say that with Chara's 9 foot wing span he doesnt have to worry about Chara getting to rebounds before he does..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Finally Chara up front on the PP : Yes we can hope RHO
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Bro, with what offensive talent the club does have on the roster, the PP should be more of a factor in deciding games.  A least a threat. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

It was a lot more effective than I expected, but that's really because Chara was playing at a different level last night. He finally played like a potential championship team needs their captain to play.

It was the first time I've ever seen him play with that level of intensity shift after shift. When he's playing like that it has a chance to work because he's reacting quickly.

That said, play Tyler on the power play more often. DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE. THERE IS LITERALLY, AND I DO MEAN "LITERALLY", no reason not to.

Thank you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYes finally, They came close to scoring. I hope they try this again!!!  n Response to Finally Chara up front on the PP:
    That PP was the best one of the night.  I hope they stick with it, he's harder to cover down there than up top, not to mention his screening ability.  Good in-game adjustment by CJ. Chara was a beast tonight.
    Posted by hangnail

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYes but his shot was not getting thru.
    I am not saying he should never be on the point of course he will be with that great shot but iy is good to mix it up!!!          n Response to Re: Finally Chara up front on the PP:
    If I'm Mike Smith, I send Claude Julien a thank you note for putting the guy with 106 m.p.h shot in front of me..I also thank him for constantly sending Recchi out there on the PP and leaving Seguin on the bench. I don't care if you put a guy 11 feet tall in front of me, I've never had to look OVER someone to try and find the puck...
    Posted by kelvana33

Sections
Shortcuts