FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season

My stress level just went down by so much. Kinda glad they're out. Now I can actually enjoy my spring. We won the Cup last year, for the first time in my life. That will keep me content until October. And now I'm cheering for Holtby - if he pulls a Dryden, that will make this first round exit even easier to bear.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Lets face it. Given the Bs performance against the Caps had they won they likely would have been swept in the next round anyway. Could be worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

This was a case of bad strategy. The first period was all about being sneaky and getting up close to the goal, and the goalie stopped every one of those. 
     They the Bruins switched tactics and played crude and sloppy, and yes, that will get you a goal, which it did. Take enough shots at any goalie and sooner or later he's going to make a mistake, which the cap's goalie did and the Bruins capitalized on it.
     The third period, though, it just didn't look like the Bruins had enough left in them to keep it going. Disappointing is the word to describe this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Agree with a lot said here.  Particularly that we got "out Bostoned".  If you weren't a B's or Caps fan, this series was painful to watch. 
    I bristle at the suggestion that goaltending was any kind of contributor.  Tending didn't lose 1 game, and for a team as gifted as the Bruins, that should be enough.  For whatever reason, it seemed obvious to me, there was just a general malaise, that started around Christmas, that never got excorcised.  The Horton factor is minute.  Look how they spanked Van without him.
    They just couldn't get going.  No pop. 
    Other than more defensive responsibility, the Caps didn't win this series, The B's lost it.  As stated perfectly here, the Bruins "played down" to them.  Some will say Caps goaltending, but really, their goaltending became less of an issue as the series advanced.
    Anyway, I'd still love to come back with the same group next year.  I can't help but feel they're sick to death of hockey mentally, and physically, they just couldn't get around that.
    Hopefully this will sting all summer(ala Bruins 71)and the boys will feel they have lots to prove come October.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

fun season to watch and get our hopes up and down. Agree on getting younger, biger and faster. Washington played very well, Holtby was amazing; Beagle, Chimura; Hendricks[ once a Bruin] all played tough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

I'm exhausted and I only work in the building. I can't imagine what they felt like.

I was sad last night, but not angry at all. Just very, very tired.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season:
    I'm exhausted and I only work in the building. I can't imagine what they felt like. I was sad last night, but not angry at all. Just very, very tired.
    Posted by Krispy73

Bruins literally have taken a break from hockey since October 2010, you must be tired mentally. When they were off last summer (month of July only) they were going around with the cup and events for winning it.
    I'll be shocked if any will go to this years World Championships .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

It was tough to go to the games this season and you know I love what I do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : I guess that's why this stings a bit more.  I'm asking myself the same question. What happened to THAT team?  And I'm not buying into the "missing Horton" theory.  Were the Caps that tough?  Or did the Bs just lose the fighting instinct?
    Posted by ipot

The degree of physical and mental toughness they displayed last year, along with playing a tremendously disciplined system is very hard to duplicate. They BRUINS were the hunters last year and became the hunted this year. The bitter taste of an early exit will remind them of the sweet taste of victory from the "Cup."  Roster changes, which may include coaching staff personnel are on the horizon. The GM and President have some work to do. THEY'LL BE BACK!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cujo. Show Cujo's posts

Ferrence 1st period comment Game 7

I think he summed it up nicely. We are playing not to lose rather than playing to win. This comes from the coach. How else can you explain Plexiglass Peverly and Bergeron on the power play rather than Seguin and Marchand. Julien is not the right coach for this team. Time to open up the game and let the young players be themselves rather than trying to turn everybody into a third line grinder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Why did the trap have to come back ? I mean REALLY?! It produces such boring hockey. So sick of watching for opposing players sit on the blueline waiting to grab forwards after they dump the puck in! No way am I saying Washington didn't deserve to win they most certainly did but it is just a terrible way to play.

Hope NBC Sports Network will piggy back of of TSNs coverage of the World Championships like Versus did last year. I also think the Conference semi-finals will produce some great hockey even w/o the Bruins cause I'm not sick of watching hockey just yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The October-January domination, they had at least two lines running hot at any point in time.  Kelly looked like he might score 25 or 30, the Bergeron line was good, the Krejci line was good....  I also remember thinking that a surprising number of teams were playing back-up goalies against the Bruins and that they were catching a number of teams in deep lulls.  Not taking anything away from them, but there was a lot that broke their way and when those breaks broke the other way, things turned and they never found their groove again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

All I remember thinking all series long is Looch is garbage loafing the entire time, and Krejci is hurt. A disgrace to lose the Caps series we're missing out on B's/Flyers to a sh$t trap team that the B's were too lazy to solve, boo. Chiarelli said it best, they were content to lose. Don't settle for this garbage from them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SXPTSCLTSRULE. Show SXPTSCLTSRULE's posts

We all need to remember that this team squeeked by Canadians last year in Game 7 and lost a squeeker this year in Game 7.  They call football a game of inches but it is really Hockey as a break here or there is the difference.   

The unfortunately reality here is that the GM is likely to keep this team mostly intact when the thing to do is get a bit more radical and trade off some of the players that underperformed (Lucic, Krejci) plus an aging Thomas.  Rebuild with size and speed.   This year's playoffs are showing that the teams with tons of skill get beat when teams grind it out with bigger players.  

Should be interesting offseason.  In the meantime, I will be rooting for a Caps / Flyers Eastern Conference Final.  Would be fun to watch.   Meanwhile, the Western Conference is headed to a Nashville/St. Louis Final (zzzz..... wake me up when it is over) 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Time to unload Thomas and let the Rask era begin.
    Posted by bellhorn_

OK now I understand . Almost all your posts are hate related towards Thomas.

Since I'm the topic of Thomas, Elliotte Friedman on CBC in the 2nd intermission of Rangers-Caps game just said that there has been and is interest in Thomas . He also added he spoke to GM that is interested and said the White House snub means nothing to him and would love to have Thomas in his lineup .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : OK now I understand . Almost all your posts are hate related towards Thomas. Since I'm the topic of Thomas, Elliotte Friedman on CBC in the 2nd intermission of Rangers-Caps game just said that there has been and is interest in Thomas . He also added he spoke to GM that is interested and said the White House snub means nothing to him and would love to have Thomas in his lineup .
    Posted by BsLegion

Yeah, Legion.  I saw that, too.  Friedman also said something I think we assumed already.  Thomas being a highly competitive player would be motivated through the roof to perform well should he be traded.  I know you heard Healey chip in his two cents with a "the time to move his now" comment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : Yeah, Legion.  I saw that, too.  Friedman also said something I think we assumed already.  Thomas being a highly competitive player would be motivated through the roof to perform well should he be traded.  I know you heard Healey chip in his two cents with a "the time to move his now" comment.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Yup, Healey being HEALey. 
    I bet that GM was not Burke.  I'm think more like Bowman,  a GM that is not in the playoffs or no longer due to goalie issues.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : Yup, Healey being HEALey.  I bet that GM was not Burke.  I'm think more like Bowman,  a GM that is not in the playoffs or no longer due to goalie issues.
    Posted by BsLegion

Right now Cory Crawford is not in the same class as Renne or Mike Smith of the Coyotes.  Thomas would be a big upgrade for the Hawks.  Friedman also said despite PC's statement of wanting to return next season with the Thomas/Rask duo that this was not the feeling around the league.  There's going to be a crossroad on the horizon regarding the Bruins in goal.  I think we knew it was coming sooner or later.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : Right now Cory Crawford is not in the same class as Renne or Mike Smith of the Coyotes.  Thomas would be a big upgrade for the Hawks.  Friedman also said despite PC's statement of wanting to return next season with the Thomas/Rask duo that this was not the feeling around the league.  There's going to be a crossroad on the horizon regarding the Bruins in goal.  I think we knew it was coming sooner or later.

RHO, I think we can agree that nobody really wants to see either goalie leave but the reality is it has to happen eventually. I'm nervously excited to see what 1 of them can fetch on the open market. It reminds me of Bourque's last year in Boston. I didn't want him to leave but I was excited to see what we'd get. It's sounding like TT could fetch much more than some people think.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : Right now Cory Crawford is not in the same class as Renne or Mike Smith of the Coyotes.  Thomas would be a big upgrade for the Hawks.  Friedman also said despite PC's statement of wanting to return next season with the Thomas/Rask duo that this was not the feeling around the league.  There's going to be a crossroad on the horizon regarding the Bruins in goal.  I think we knew it was coming sooner or later.

RHO,i believe that PC didn't think the year end press conference was the right time to stir up the Thomas/Rask hornets nest,but its coming.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : RHO, I think we can agree that nobody really wants to see either goalie leave but the reality is it has to happen eventually. I'm nervously excited to see what 1 of them can fetch on the open market. It reminds me of Bourque's last year in Boston. I didn't want him to leave but I was excited to see what we'd get. It's sounding like TT could fetch much more than some people think.
    Posted by dezaruchi

dez - My hope is for the Bruins to retain both for as long as possible.  They're one of the very top G pairs in the league.  A Boston strength.  It's been ages since we fans can make such a claim.  (Cheevers, Johnston, Lemelin, Moog?)  In terms of the future and taking advantage of the peak of Thomas' goaltending powers PC might have no choice but to listen to the GM's sniffing around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season :  RHO,i believe that PC didn't think the year end press conference was the right time to stir up the Thomas/Rask hornets nest,but its coming.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Absolutely, 50.  I think it would have added a bad feeling to the conclusion of the season and added to the mountain of speculation that already exists.  PC has more class than to do otherwise. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : dez - My hope is for the Bruins to retain both for as long as possible.  They're one of the very top G pairs in the league.  A Boston strength.  It's been ages since we fans can make such a claim.  (Cheevers, Johnston, Lemelin, Moog?)  In terms of the future and taking advantage of the peak of Thomas' goaltending powers PC might have no choice but to listen to the GM's sniffing around.

RHO, those tandems weren't anywhere near the TT & Tuukka duo....  had they been the B'S might've had a few more cups in their resume....

the best asset the B'S could get back for TT is another cup and i think he best provides them with that chance.... for next year anyway....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: FINALLY DONE! Freakin long season : RHO, those tandems weren't anywhere near the TT & Tuukka duo....  had they been the B'S might've had a few more cups in their resume.... the best asset the B'S could get back for TT is another cup and i think he best provides them with that chance.... for next year anyway....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

days - This situation is leading towards a very important time in club history.  It'll be interesting to see what PC decides to do.

Sections
Shortcuts